• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous The last days of MXE

Well usually big pharma likes to launch new compounds they can patent and make more profit on.
Was there a pending patent for mxe before it got scheduled?
I don't think so (of course correct me if I'm wrong) but at least there was one or two papers purposing it as a fast acting antidepressant like this and this.

It works amazingly well as an antidepressant, far better than ketamine, IMO. It also has utility as a therapy drug, taken in the right dose, as it can facilitate confronting of issues in a non-threatening and warm way. MXE at lower doses, for me and many others, really can provide an amazing amount of mental clarity and introspective insight, without much of the muddiness and wonkiness of dissociation. Shame it's been relegated to the heap of "drug of abuse, no medical value". A damn shame.

It works amazingly well as an antidepressant, far better than ketamine, IMO. It also has utility as a therapy drug, taken in the right dose, as it can facilitate confronting of issues in a non-threatening and warm way. MXE at lower doses, for me and many others, really can provide an amazing amount of mental clarity and introspective insight, without much of the muddiness and wonkiness of dissociation. Shame it's been relegated to the heap of "drug of abuse, no medical value". A damn shame.
I dosed mxe about 1 time per week when it was avaiable.
I felt really good during that time, however i think mxe made a back injury i had alot worse.
(probably mostly my fault since i tried to combine alot of training with a psychonaught Lifestyle)
But the numbness may have hid some pain that i shouldnt have ignored.

Perhaps some pharma big wig paid them off to schedule it? To ensure ketamine is the only disso used in treating depression? Sounds like something the DEA would do. MXE has enormous medical potential and so throwing it into schedule 1 instead of 2 and 3 like PCP and ketamine stinks of shady insider trading.
Actually saw an ad for a ketamine injection clinic on daytime tv while watching my stories; Was just a simple casual commercial like one for a spa or acupuncture clinic. I'm surprised they are allowed to advertise that way; my state is by no way liberal. We do have a decent MMJ system but of course can't have tv adds for that.

I trust it will come back in medical and psychotherapeutic contexts. There's no way it can't. The question is only when.

Unfortunately, the scheduling of MXE means nothing - IMO - considering it was already 99.9% impossible to acquire. The scheduling could slow down it's uptake in legal medical domains, but that's it.

Unfortunately, the scheduling of MXE means nothing - IMO - considering it was already 99.9% impossible to acquire. The scheduling could slow down it's uptake in legal medical domains, but that's it.

I don't think it's meaningless. Schedule 1 drugs have a greater stigma (though, granted, all psychedelics are schedule 1, so maybe that stigma is less these days). MXE never got a chance to be viewed by the establishment as anything other than a "drug of abuse" that apparently needed to be emergency scheduled due to "protecting our children". But, I hope I'm wrong. In any case, I think down the road, at some point, it will be researched for its therapeutic properties. It's an amazing antidepressant and also therapeutic tool.

Perhaps some pharma big wig paid them off to schedule it? To ensure ketamine is the only disso used in treating depression? Sounds like something the DEA would do. MXE has enormous medical potential and so throwing it into schedule 1 instead of 2 and 3 like PCP and ketamine stinks of shady insider trading.

You hit it right on the head. Also I find it curious the streets are being flooded with K at a time that it’s also being pushed in legal settings. K is big business right now for many reasons.

-GC

You hit it right on the head. Also I find it curious the streets are being flooded with K at a time that it’s also being pushed in legal settings. K is big business right now for many reasons.

-GC
I hope some K floats my way then lol. Been half-assedly trying to acquire some for... ten years? No cigar. Admittedly, I don't use the Tor markets nor am I plugged into any EDM scene, so it wouldn't just 'float' my way anyhow. But it would be real nice if it did, so I could finally compare it against other dissos.

I hope some K floats my way then lol. Been half-assedly trying to acquire some for... ten years? No cigar. Admittedly, I don't use the Tor markets nor am I plugged into any EDM scene, so it wouldn't just 'float' my way anyhow. But it would be real nice if it did, so I could finally compare it against other dissos.

K is almost mainstream around here and cops been actually starting to crack down on it a bit.

That said you’re right usually one of those two is needed to acquire it easily. These days I wait until a reliable batch flows through then snag a fair amount.

-GC

The street K I encounter in the festival scene is everywhere, but it is always pretty heavily cut. You have to do a big ass line to get dissociated. Whereas pure K, even a pretty small line can get you pretty dissociated. Every once in a while, I have encountered someone at a festival with good K and on those instances, I get surprised when suddenly I become the music and have to sit down, lol.

Even pure K is inferior to MXE though. It's a middle of the road dissociative, IMO. The one thing I like better about it than the others is that it is relaxing and lasts a short time, so you can use it at the end of the night to take the edge off/get higher, and then sleep shortly afterwards. You can take K and lay down and have a little adventure which trails off into sleep, unlike MXE or pretty much any other disso besides nitrous, which all keep me up for hours.

They always throw every RC they ban into schedule 1. Basically any drug people abuse, they decide has no medical value and they put it on the highest schedule. It's stupid, but there it is. It's like they don't even consider anything else, people are doing this drug? We don't like that? Schedule 1.

Yeah, it's no big conspiracy. If something is popular enough to get some media attention, it will get scheduled, regardless of its safety profile. These are essentially moral, not health, laws.

as far as I can gather mxe hasn't been banned in the States.
am I right or wrong in that assumption?

The street K I encounter in the festival scene is everywhere, but it is always pretty heavily cut. You have to do a big ass line to get dissociated. Whereas pure K, even a pretty small line can get you pretty dissociated. Every once in a while, I have encountered someone at a festival with good K and on those instances, I get surprised when suddenly I become the music and have to sit down, lol.

Even pure K is inferior to MXE though. It's a middle of the road dissociative, IMO. The one thing I like better about it than the others is that it is relaxing and lasts a short time, so you can use it at the end of the night to take the edge off/get higher, and then sleep shortly afterwards. You can take K and lay down and have a little adventure which trails off into sleep, unlike MXE or pretty much any other disso besides nitrous, which all keep me up for hours.

I think it depends on the festivals. Gotta go to the wook heavy ones where every participant is a borderline dealer, everyone’s got wares lol. I do think I get lucky though cuz I have seen some bashed up shit. I look crystal structure, it needs to either be the chunk (which can be cut still but less likely than powder) or the tiny needlepoint (which I’ve never encountered cut always the same). If it’s powder it’s been cut no doubt.

Only done K I felt was cut to hell one time out of desperation, had kind of a drought for couple years around like 15-17. I remember snorting an amount like triple normal and just feeling a tickle. The guy who gave us it felt bad (literally gave us so couldn’t bitch too much) so kept dishing out lines. After the third we just laughed and said fuck it, probably done .25g by that point when normally I’ll bump 10-20mg depending on S or racemic. (I like it light, good way to simply relax the body after a trip.)

I believe MXE still kicks K’s ass tho, it sounds so much more complex. Like an upgraded version, with special new features.

-GC

I guess I’m reviving this thread. I agree MXE is the most effective, rapidly acting antidepressant I’ve encountered, and also a recreational drug that didn’t become compulsive with. This is pretty unique for me as I’m compulsive with everything. Though I’ve read of people becoming addicted to MXE, I reach a point where I just want to stop.

What I wanted to know is if anyone had a dose and frequency you have used an ongoing antidepressant they’d like to share.

I still have preban MXE from SI... It's a godlike chemical. What is the closest RC which ressemble MXE in terms of effects? Is there one?

Is there one?
Some people think so, but there's no general consensus. I would say no, there isn't.

a dose and frequency you have used an ongoing antidepressant they’d like to share.
I've never been on any, so I can't help here.

This is pretty unique for me as I’m compulsive with everything.
I do think this is pretty unique. I know LOTS and LOTS of people that used MXE compulsively.

I still have preban MXE from SI... It's a godlike chemical. What is the closest RC which ressemble MXE in terms of effects? Is there one?
I found O-PCM to be somewhat similar, different overall like the individual personality each dissociative has, but still similar and increasingly so as tolerance grew. I think it's also a SERT ligand like MXE. But MXE had even more magic.

Testing random dissociative RCs is a young person's game, but O-PCE is the closest thing to a substitute I've found.
I actually have a bit of pre-ban MXE saved, and every time I've tried it in the last few years it seems quite lacking compared to O-PCE.
I'm only using it in small anti-depressive doses (similar to O-PCE) to I might have a different impression at higher doses but need to ration it.

It may have degraded somewhat, and I went through a big K phase + O-PCE after the ban, so perma-tolerance could be a factor is well, but
it makes me wonder what my impression of O-PCE would've been had it came first or at the same time and I was comparing with the same level of past usage.

Even if MXE made a come back, I'm doubtful the "magic" would come back with it.

Even if MXE made a come back, I'm doubtful the "magic" would come back with it.
Well you're setting your expectations with this, aren't you? I have faith in MXE still, but perhaps people have blown it up too much and its reputation is out of proportion to its actual effects. Not sure. All I know is the first time I had real MXE it absolutely blew me away. Then again, so did 3-HO-PCP and 3-MeO-PCP, so idk…

It may have degraded somewhat
Yeah I was already thinking this, too. Hard to say. I hear you about tolerance though I wonder the same shit.

as far as I can gather mxe hasn't been banned in the States.
am I right or wrong in that assumption?
On June 6, 2022, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration published a final rule placing MXE in Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act. However, the ban that fucked up the sources of MXE in China was when China banned MXE in October 2015.