• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric The Main Synchronicity Thread

*in regards to the posts above inolving death*

the most comforting potential i can illuminate with my considerations concerning death is that we are already waiting for ourselves at the end of the line.

my meditations and psychedelic consulations have led me to believe that not all of our 'beings' progress through time. obviously our bodies, brains, and inturn our identities (egos) progress in a fairly linear fashion along the happening of time....however, i do not think that this 'ego' encompasses the entirity of our 'beings'.

i think that we, as ego progressors, have a correspondent on the 'other side'. and i think that this correspondent is apart of our 'selves', but not necissarily directly connected to our egos.

this has some correlation to the buddhist idea of a 'prevailing oneness'. as well as the buddhist ideal that the source of delusion is the illusion of self, or the illusion of seperation. for although 'we' do 'have' a body which we occupy, and although this body holds a brain which has cleverly formed an identity through particular neuroelectrical firings and emotional responses....As far as physics is concerned the 'oneness' holding us together is energy. and anyone who knows anything about physics knows that energy doesn't die. all that is within 'us' will forever exist, just not necissarily all together as it currently is. but where do 'we' stop, at our bodies? at our pereceptions maximum view? where our electromagnetic field diludes into its surroundings??

i'm just philosophizing now on whether our 'self' or 'ego' ceases at death and slips into a void...or get trapped in an eternity salvia-space style....or gets scrubbed clean and shoved into a new body....?? and also the debate on whether our electricity or life force just bleeds into our surroundings upon death, or stays together and travels to a new host....who the fuck knows

I'll admit that I haven't had a chance to read the entire thread, so if it appears that I'm misusing a word or idea in the context of this discussion, let me know. :D

itsALLfake said:
and what creates a subconscious?

I think that this kind of question is a result of a misunderstanding. The conventional western model/understanding of mind says that mind has separate conscious and unconscious realms (and somehow information percolates between these), and this seems to fit our individual subjective experience of the world. I'd like to point out that attempts to apply this intuition to understand other's objective behavior have proved problematic and incomplete (see Freud). The fact that this model, this frame of perception, is somatically engrained prevents us from seeing its flaws and rejecting it, as we'd do with any broken scientific model. People have subjectively experienced the world through different models in past, and probably will in future.

George Box said, "All models are wrong; some models are useful." So what's the most useful model? I'd like to echo willow and IGNVS from the previous page, "conciousness is the AWARENESS of a biological process." That's exactly it. The conciseness of that answer makes it difficult to see exactly what it means and its implications. To further explain, consciousness is no different than awareness of hunger via a sensation that seems to come from your stomach (another biological process). Consciousness is awareness of the brain's activity. To further generalize, consciousness is just another form of perception, no different than sight or hearing. Just as we percieve certain frequencies of vibration through the mechanism of hearing, and we percieve certain frequencies of EM energy through the mechanism of sight, we percieve certain brain activity through the mechanism of consciousness.

To answer your question, subconscious can just be understood as all the brain activity that this consciousness perception does not respond to. It's like infrared light or ultrasonic sound frequencies.

I actually think the most cool aspect of this answer of "consciousness as perception" is that new scientific understanding of sensory experience validates what the "psycedelic drug addict retard philosopher community" (thanks HotButtaz =D) has been saying all along: you really do create reality around you. The more we study our sense systems, the more clear it becomes how intricately interwoven they are. Smell, touch, taste, sight, and so on are not orthogonal perceptual systems, and if consciousness is a system of perception as well, then it becomes obvious that consciousness itself is involved in the processing/creation of subjective experience.

Xorkoth said:
My take: consciousness is going on with or without us. However, each ego-form (like a human) has a brain which is channeling this consciousness simultaneously to have a subjective dimensional experience. Each of these ego-forms' (a term I just made up) entire experience is determined by the brain. But on a higher level, the universal force of consciousness that we all are at once is experiencing everything, indepenedently from any of us.

So OUR subjective consciousness has everything to do with the brain (or almost everything anyway).

VERY similar to my views. We are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectivley, which is why we each put our own spin on the universal conciousness which is our "true self," and this is determined by our brain (bio-computer processor) and environment we grow up in, conditioning, instinct in DNA, etc.

Now, how come our minds ARE the universe?

Are you coming from a philosophical concept of a "brain in a vat?" For example, what if your brain was in a big vat of life sustaining juices controlled by scientists, and the reality you lived in was actually a matrix like environment. Since this can't be absolutely ruled out one might be able to put the same logic to other things...i.e. we might actually be in the matrix etc.

The brain in the Vat thought experiment, eh?
Well, actually if you follow the thought experiment all the way through like Hilary Putnam does you would have come to find out that it is NOT possible that we are living in a matrix world, or "Brain in a Vat"... (at least from the analytic school of philosophy, which personally I don't adhere to, more of a continential myself, but that's another topic)
Words reference experiences that we've had, if we have always been a brain in a vat then how would we have the knoweldge to know that we are a brain in a vat? It is precisely (sp?) because we can reference the idea of "brain in a vat" that we cannot be a brain in a vat. We would have no way of knowing what a "vat" is if we hadn't already experienced a vat because that word directly relates to our experience of vats. He does another thought experiment about H20 and substance XYZ on an identical planet, that is in everyway identical expect what everyone drinks, what the lakes, rivers, etc are filled with is XYZ and not h20. When really thinking about this one is suppose to come to see that everything in the world is dependent on OUR thought. That words, thoughts and things are highly intertwined. I may not have explained it very clearly but you are trying to use philosophy and physics in a way that I don't think was correct.

And you did say that physics has PROVED causality? That's funny because the last I knew science only DISPROVED things.
And if you've read any Hume at all you'd see that he basically destroyed the notion of causality being a FACT..
Just somethings to chew on!

Thanks for the chance to discorse! 'tis been too long for me!
<3 all around!

Synchronicity is simple.
We are all living in the same place, which is the universe, at the same time, which is now; so everything that happens is happening now. Our unique perspectives give us the belief that different things happen, but that is not true; it is always the same, it's just seen from a different perspective(ego), and therefore interpreted differently. In fact, when we attain the greatest perspective possible, there are no seperate things at all, all that is left is the One True Life. Psychedelics do one thing and one thing only, they diminish the ego, and that allows us to ascend to a larger perspective. When we take psychs, we see our regular life's perspective in relation to the greater and truer perspectives that we access as we get closer and closer to ego-death.
Synchronicity can be understood as the merging of different perspectives, and the more perspectives that are merged, the more we realize that everything is essentially the same.

The brain in the Vat thought experiment, eh?
Well, actually if you follow the thought experiment all the way through like Hilary Putnam does you would have come to find out that it is NOT possible that we are living in a matrix world

Well, I dunno, seems possible... or maybe the "Vat" or the computer doing the simulating is actually the mindspace of like, this vast eternal consciousness that began simple, able to think only "I am I", that over eons became more and more and more complexly differentiated and eventually was able to imagine basically anything, and eventually dreamt up the Big Bang and ALL of this is some mental construct at a level we could never comprehend? Look up Kaballah and "Tree of Life" (the spiritual concept not the movie). That's basically the Kaballah's take one how everything came to be. Its all some hyper-dream inside the mind of "God" or "Sophia" or whatever.

Seemed to strike a chord with my psychedelic experience when I read it. Not saying I believe that, but I *DO* accept that it is one possibility among an uncountable number of others that are too "at another level" for us to ever have evidence of. ALTHOUGH I have to say that the weirdness of Quantum Mechanics and Cosmology - entanglement, time slowing, wavefunction collapse, particles just getting smaller and smaller without end as we smash them with more energy as if it's ALL "construct" and there's nothing "real" and "solid" actually there ("Its Turtles all the way down" haha), and a bunch of other mindblowing shit - COULD be construed as telltale evidence that reality is not necessarily what it appears to our monkey brains to be.

ANYWAY, here's A LOT of reading material on such matters: http://www.simulation-argument.com/

Wow, what happens to me is really, really, freaky sometimes, i'll be tripping and all of a sudden things will all come together and I feel like i'm living in the now, then my thoughts start to come together exactly with things happening in the real world, the television will say the exact same things that I am thinking non-stop it even narrates my doubts about what is happening, eventually it gets ridiculous and I simply accept it for what it is. This exists outside of tripping also I just need to make a conscious effort to be aware of it. As for 11:11 I see it frequently whilst sober and tripping. These phenomena have really affected my beliefs in a serious way and have changed me. I just knocked down a slurpee and the TV says "did that just happen?". Maybe I'm just crazy or imagining things but I don't think so.

Wow... almost exactly the same here. Either you're not crazy, or we both are, in improbably similar ways. It all started when sig other passed away rather suddenly a good while back. Started having synchronicities of a level I was having trouble believing actually happened... Also for me 11:11 (or other forms thereof) was a frequent occurrence for me too, to the degree of almost seeming aggressive in its improbability.

Go look up the connection between "11/11" and Kurt Vonnegut Jr. Read Slaughterhouse 5. Also: ***I BEG YOU PLEASE LOCATE DVD OF "BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS" film*** And let me know what you think... panned by alot of people but some of the smarter ones have seen it for its brilliant nutty genius. I am CERTAIN untaMe will find it intense for sure. In that movie keep an eye out for the highway signs saying "93 93" as Dwayne Hoover's pill-popping wife walks in robe and slippers down the middle of a gridlocked freeway.

I've had many experiences with synchronicity occurring during and after psychedelic use. One of the particular ones I remember was a day or two after a psychedelic experience, I woke up, looked at my phone, and there was a particular time, let's just say 11:11 since I don't remember the exact time. I started to get up, then woke up and realised that was just a dream. I picked up my phone to check the time, it was 11:11. Kind of freaky at the time.

The day before the London riots happened I said to my friend that I need to find my copy of V for Vendetta and rewatch it, and I said I thought something similar would happen soon, you can imagine my shock the next day when I saw the news.

Also I tend to find whenever someone starts a conversation with me their first topic is always what I'd just been thinking about the moment before, that's the weirdest of them all really, especially since it's rather specific. For example I'll be humming a particular Sublime song in my head, and I'll get a text from someone asking me to send them a Sublime album, or I'll be thinking of making a cup of coffee and a second or two after the thought crosses my mind someone will ask me if I'll make them one. I have these kinds of moments around 10-20 times a day minimum so it's rather strange.

Ironically the funniest example for me is I was thinking about synchronicity when I stumbled upon this thread. But I believe that case was more me seeing the thread subconsciously while browsing, and then consciously noticing it after the thought had already developed.

At the end of the day I don't want to speculate on it because I honestly have no idea. It could be coincidence, it could be some sort of sense that science has yet to tap into that connects our consciousness, it could be the connection we all share, it could be some kind of strange proof that time is not linear.. There are a ton of possibilities and my mind is open to most of them.

The day before the London riots happened I said to my friend that I need to find my copy of V for Vendetta and rewatch it, and I said I thought something similar would happen soon, you can imagine my shock the next day when I saw the news.

V for Vendetta occurred to me as well! Though I guess that's a pretty obvious thing... the orginal author was I think tapping into the building tension resulting from class differences in modern society... STILL the rich get richer and the poor get poorer... the difference in potential creates a tension just like in a battery, and eventually it must be released and becomes explosive.

.it could be some kind of strange proof that time is not linear
This. Or perhaps rather that it is an illusion of our type of consciousness. I do not think such an idea violates causality as some might object. Rather I would say that "Everything Causes Everything Else" in ways beyond our typical ability to see.

[Like your handle! Nice avatar too. <3 Hey I am 1/2 Polish (other half Greek... great combo IMO, hehe)]

Last edited:
there's 5 pages here, so i havent gotten to read everyone's statements yet..
but i definitely believe in synchronicity.
its happened far too many times for me to count. maybe some is just selective memory, but i've had too many occurrences for me to doubt it
i always had those feelings, but i since ive tripped its increased.
i posted something about it before, but i have this feeling about me, kind of like i'm always tripping.
i can rap of the top of my head like i'm in the clouds when sober.
i don't mean like hip hop. you know that feeling where you feel EVERYTHING, when it all clicks and makes sense, when you have a million little wheels and words flying through your head, i kind of always have that going now.
i dont always feel a part of everything so much, moreso than before psychedelics, but the rapid thought succession, the poetic rants and speeches. the deja vu moments.
if you know what i mean, then you know what i mean...
like tom wolfe wrote in the electric kool aid acid test "you're either on the bus or off of it" or something along those lines
i feel like i'm always on the bus, and maybe one day i will tire of psychedelics, but i'll still be on the bus.

Synchronicity is not just a coincidence but a meaningful coincidence. It operates outside of the realm of causality as an acasual connecting principle. This means that the event in question did not have a cause as we normally see in nature but that the cause is seemingly unthinkable by intellectual terms, part of a underlying structure to reality. Carl Jung was trying to explain events in his life that could not be explained by causality when he coined the term. This was some of his later work when he was starting to venture away from traditional psychology and into the realm of mysticism. Its a very complex idea but its an explanation of events that should not happen by a man that was mostly grounded in rational thought and science. It is said that conversations with Einstein when he was working on relativity were the catalyst for some of Jungs thoughts on the subject. He believed that the existence of these events were a sort of proof of a underlying structure to reality, that all things are interconnected.

My personal experience with synchronicity are as follows. i had just gone through a rough break up and was walking around a book store thinking about my current situation. I had just read the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test and remembered Kesey using the I-Ching in the book as a catalyst for change. I saw a copy of the book on the shelf of the store. I pick the book up and opened to a page and my eyes were drawn to a line that gave me some of the best advice that applied to my ex-girl. This was weird but i didnt think much of it at the time. I book mark the page and buy the book. A few weeks later i decide to divine with the book after some reading and research into how the ancient Chinese used it. They would flip coins or divide yarrow stalks in a random manner after asking the book a question and the random coins would send them to a random chapter. Well i flip the three coins three times each and find my place in the book. Around 4000 outcomes are possible and it sends me to the same line as when i first picked the book up. Needless to say this blew my mind.

A few months later i was browsing a used book store and found the book Synchronicity by Jung and decided to buy the book because of my experience with the I-Ching. When i read the foreword i discover that the first time Jung used to word Synchronicity in public was in a memorial address for Richard Wilhelm, on his recent translation of the I-Ching. He used the term to try and describe the weird things that happen when people use and divine with the book. I could barely believe that the reason i bought the book was basically one of the reasons that Jung coined the term to start with. As someone stated earlier in the thread it was almost like a synchronicity within synchronicity.

It could have been all chance and my mind wanting to recognize patters as the human mind will do, to try and create meaning out of our surroundings. It could have been an acasual connecting event. Whatever it was is really not the point. If it was random or not, it has made a deep impression on me and changed the flow of my life at that time.

Irony or One?

You know that feeling you get on LSD (possibly other psychedelics but I've only tried MDA and LSD) where every moment just happens perfectly and you see strange coincidences everywhere? Well it's been 6 days since I tripped and I still see them everywhere I go. It kinda scares me sometimes, but maybe my eyes have just opened up to patterns that were invisible to me before? Does anybody understand what I'm saying, or still get this long after tripping?

Here are some examples in the last few days:

At work yesterday me and my coworkers were talking about how nobody ever orders iced coffee. We get maybe one person a month that orders it. Well about 5 minutes later, someone comes through the drive-thru and orders an iced coffee and I start laughing hysterically.

In my garage, I was looking at this flag and only 3 stars were visible. I thought to myself, hey that's my family but it's missing one star. I look to my left and there's a different flag with one star. I was kinda shocked.

I was reading trip reports a few days ago and the first one I click was almost identical to how my trip went. 24 hours, admiting to my mom that I'm on acid and spending the whole trip thinking I was gonna die so I did not leave her sight.

Every time I start thinking deeply about love, my cat comes to me.

My phone fell out of my pocket (I did not drop it) and the screen shattered the day after I tripped and I saw it as a sign that cell phones are distracting from life.

These are only a small amount of the crazy coincidences that I've seen. Almost every living second of my life, I can see irony. Does anybody else feel this way? Am I crazy or are these just coincidences?

It's even worse when I'm actually tripping. When I was on MDA, I was riding in the car with some friends late at night, we're the only car on the road and this car passes us with a license plate that reads "SKRLEX." Another time when I was on LSD we were looking for a place to eat and we pass a KFC on one block, Taco Bell next block, Burger King next, and Pizza Hut on the last block. A few miles ahead we see all 4 restaurants grouped together in the same corner.

I'd like to hear other strange coincidences that you all have seen while tripping or not.

Too many to list.
Psychedelics also keep pointing out things to me from my past that were extremely weird that I never seemed to notice or pay much attention to before.

When I come back to earth I realize a good majority of it is purely coincidence.
Some of it's not, but 95% of it is.

You know that feeling you get on LSD (possibly other psychedelics but I've only tried MDA and LSD) where every moment just happens perfectly and you see strange coincidences everywhere? Well it's been 6 days since I tripped and I still see them everywhere I go. It kinda scares me sometimes, but maybe my eyes have just opened up to patterns that were invisible to me before?

Psyche = mind/spirit, delia = opening, manifesting... so yes you mind is more able to make free associations and patterns than it was before.

I was reading trip reports a few days ago and the first one I click was almost identical to how my trip went. 24 hours, admiting to my mom that I'm on acid and spending the whole trip thinking I was gonna die so I did not leave her sight.

I'm gonna guess that over 1/3rd of trip reports involve a parental figure, or death, or the trip lasting far longer than planned.

Or you've been thinking a lot about love recently, and you never noticed before how often your cat wanders around like she owns the place.

My phone fell out of my pocket (I did not drop it) and the screen shattered the day after I tripped and I saw it as a sign that cell phones are distracting from life.

Yes they are, but I would only call it a "sign" if Jesus was phoning you at the time ;)

These are only a small amount of the crazy coincidences that I've seen. Almost every living second of my life, I can see irony. Does anybody else feel this way? Am I crazy or are these just coincidences?

Mushrooms made me understand that the big bang itself was simply a cosmic sneeze that is still echoing throughout the universe. So yes, there are millions of "ironies" that stick out everywhere you look, because Up and Down are always fighting each other to see which one wins. It's come to the point where the two of them don't even know which one of them started the fight. You want to know a secret? It doesn't matter who's on top, because Left and Right are far more interesting than the Up and Down who gave birth to them.

It's even worse when I'm actually tripping. When I was on MDA, I was riding in the car with some friends late at night, we're the only car on the road and this car passes us with a license plate that reads "SKRLEX." Another time when I was on LSD we were looking for a place to eat and we pass a KFC on one block, Taco Bell next block, Burger King next, a
nd Pizza Hut on the last block. A few miles ahead we see all 4 restaurants grouped together in the same corner.

NO FREAKING WAY! Sorry, but i'm pretty sure every major metropolitan area of the USA has these exact four restaurants in the same configuration about a dozen times repeated across the main drag. Nothing special unless you actually hallucinated a cheesy oasis in the middle of the desert.

I'd like to hear other strange coincidences that you all have seen while tripping or not.

Now that I'm done playing devil's advocate here, I will say that I've experienced my fair share of impossible coincidences (also known as synchronicity) but just like yours, the stories don't translate well out of my own frame of reference. See the deja-vu thread for more precognitive stories as well.

Too many to list.
Psychedelics also keep pointing out things to me from my past that were extremely weird that I never seemed to notice or pay much attention to before.

When I come back to earth I realize a good majority of it is purely coincidence.
Some of it's not, but 95% of it is.
Yeah same here, it's like all the details of life are clear to me now. I understand why I'm the way I am and I can see how everything in my past has influenced me. I don't see it as coincidence though, I believe there are signs everywhere.

Now that I'm done playing devil's advocate here, I will say that I've experienced my fair share of impossible coincidences (also known as synchronicity) but just like yours, the stories don't translate well out of my own frame of reference. See the deja-vu thread for more precognitive stories as well.
Thanks, you gave some good insight to everything I wrote. Funny, I was actually reading about synchronicity earlier and it's exactly what I'm seeing. When I was a little kid I used to say synchronocity and my mom still teases me about that :). But what I'm wondering is, does my new sense of synchronicity stay with me forever or will it disappear eventually? I also feel empathy and love more than I ever have in my life, and I find it really easy to read people now. I like my transformed self, and I'm learning as much as I can because I was clearly blind before this last trip. I'm 6 days sober and plan to stay this way forever. It's amazing what a bad trip will do for you.

Yeah same here, it's like all the details of life are clear to me now. I understand why I'm the way I am and I can see how everything in my past has influenced me. I don't see it as coincidence though, I believe there are signs everywhere.

We've all felt this before, but it's a bit of a self-fulfilling tautology here. Of course the memories in your past influenced you, because they are memories that you and only you have had in that exact order! nobody else in the world has those exact memories of the past. It's not signs from god, it's just what the inside of your consciousness looks like. Kinda like how you can see a clear image of your own eyelashes if you mash them up against a microscope viewfinder.

In my opinion, synchronicities are just as mundane and yet exactly as precious as any other randomly selected moment from one's experience. Even the boring hours you spent in study hall were somehow key in producing the person you are today, so why give any more or less honor to any specific event? Just enjoy the deja-vu or impossible coincidence when it happens, and have a quiet little chuckle with the rest of the universe. And hope that you remember the story later to tell someone who will appreciate it as much as you did.

Call me crazy but I have some strange connection with my very cat (I have 3 cats, but only the oldest I'm so connected to). When I think about love, important things or I'm sad (especially that time when I'm sad, like 99% of time), she comes to me like if she wanted to help my mood. And she does