• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

FaiB7VaXoAEOPfh

I haven't been keeping up though all I have is a domestic copper company and some RSX. I'm basically treading water which I'm pretty darn proud of to tell the truth. I could have made a good chunk of change in oil but would have blown it on expanding my consciousness and ignoring my wife and kids anyway. Maybe someone's doing for me what I can't do for myself. I think I'm set up for a little BTC every month which I'd like to hold on to long term as a collector item.

We have another fund that's professionally managed that gives us quite a bit of stability. I told my kids I would fund them 10k each if they can explain to me all the basic option plays, but nothing has come of it yet. Not to get rich or pay for university - even the best of best universities worldwide are dirt cheap - and for some the competition is incredibly mild - and they recruit online - literally anyone with a cell phone can apply - in fact it's encouraged.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a self-styled investment advisor, I have come up with a short list of advice geared towards the types of people crazy enough to ask me for investment advice...

Investing for turnipheads - buy gold, then buy a farm. bury the gold on the farm, and then make a treasure map so that long after you've died senile, you might help someone else retire early.

Investing for attractive, insecure people - buy a gym membership and a some light diffusers, earn six figures as an e-... content creator, and panic every few years about getting audited. Become a realtor when sponsorships dwindle and you aren't earning enough to cover the lifestyle to which you have grown accustomed.

Investing for corporate drones - company 401k and mutual funds, buy an affordable home in flyover country where your Fortune 500 employer is headquartered. spend your retirement touring the country in an RV while your progeny resents you for your boring-ass life.

Investing for grindset zoomers - buy NFTs and lose everything. follow r/WSB, buy options and lose everything. invest in poorly constructed luxury condos like your ladder-climbing "bro" with the 3-series, go bankrupt when the bubble collapses. Try in vain to hide your bitterness at family gathers for the rest of your life.

and last but not least...

Investing for doomers - buy MREs, junk silver and snus. Emerge from your compound periodically to trade snus for ammo with your gun club buddies while secretly contemplating which ones you'd kill for their resources when society collapses. Get bored and try selling homemade bearer bonds to undercover federal agents. Retire in prison.

That's mad equity yo!

the best is owning thousands of shares of a company that's profitable but that nobody really knows about yet. I wonder why r/WSB never pumps those companies, you could make a killing even just buying shares at 0.10c and selling for $1

That's mad equity yo!

the best is owning thousands of shares of a company that's profitable but that nobody really knows about yet. I wonder why r/WSB never pumps those companies, you could make a killing even just buying shares at 0.10c and selling for $1
I deleted my posts, but yeah, under the radar shells that eventually will have mergers, are great for huge gains. I'll own 1.68% after share cancellation, and ahead of whatever merger announcement happens

WSB has a billion market cap minimum I think, so small shells won't ever be posted there, which is unfortunate

Wonder when $NEM is a good buy. It dropped a lot in a short time when you look at a ~25 year chart. It'll go lower until the market bottoms and we come out of recession, imo. USD is super strong right now too.

Took a few years for gold to make big moves last time we had inflation this high in the mid 1970s

great_inflation_2.jpg

Well, my Twitter calls are almost certainly going to zero at this point. I still think they'll win in court, but that'll be too late for me. Ah well, I'll take that as an $800 lesson not to gamble with options. Going to try to stick to my index funds and corporate bonds.

Bought a 100oz Royal Canadian Mint silver bar today for only $100 premium over spot because I've done a lot of trading/business with the guy over ~5 years

Gonna start scaling back into physical silver. Inventories are lower while the price is dropping...

Either I'll win or lose I guess

At least, when my most recent short-term bond purchase matures, short term interest rates will be high enough that my next purchase of three-month duration should be enough to make back a good chunk of the money I lost on the Twitter gamble. I should still be up for the year, nominally (ignoring my long-term index funds, which I don't count as those are for retirement). Not in real terms, of course, but I try not to think about that. 🤫

If you wanna stimulate the economy. Put cocaine on the market.

While I'm all for your solution, nobody is trying to stimulate the economy right now, quite the opposite!

Seems time to invest in real stuff like copper, fertilizer, food commodities, land, compared to staying invested in funny money financials while we're printing trillions during a recession. As much as Russia sucks, they know what's coming imo

You’ll get scammed this late in the game. Unless you buy a meat grinder. And buy cuts of meat for that purpose. It just seems like those items you listed are at a bottom in price and quality too. Like worm burgers or sand lots. I’d say now just hope you did enough prepping. Get a case or two of bottled water. And blast off.