• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

Why do we still use helicopters for anything other than transportation. We can just use drones now. Even in war. Seems like drones are pretty good for news footage like SBF getting arrested too

Interview with Swiss banker about CBDC's. ⚠️

I've heard more than one person saying the same thing recently, that this is how it will go down. There's going to be some sort of economic/currency crisis and literally over one weekend we'll see CBDC's go live. It rings true for me, I don't see how it can be any other way because they know people will resist if given the chance. This new system is non-negotiable in terms of the ruling classes plan for the new world order, they need it.

The USA is running a 'trial' right now, India is going live. They're obviously further along with all this then they're letting on, for obvious reasons.

Interactive map of global CBDC development: CBDC Global Tracker

Watch from 17:30

Yeah China's digital currency has an expiration date so you can't save it for long
Yup. And Nigeria has already introduced their CBDC, which the people have rejected.. so in response they (central bank and the corrupt top-level officials) are now enforcing a limit on the maximum withdrawals of cash to force people into accepting it.

Nigeria was obviously chosen as a test case because the majority of people use cash. If they can break the Nigerian's then they'll have the green light of success and then try it everywhere else.

$45 daily or $225 weekly. That's the limit. Above that you get docked 5% and businesses 10%.

Evil.

We don't even need CBDCs in the West.

See what happened in Canada during the trucker protest when banks agreed to freeze accounts when the government just asked.

See what happened to money held in the West by prominent Russians.

BRICS are apparently working on a basket type reserve currency to rival the Western system.

If the West continues to turn against economic and cultural freedoms, capable people will vote with their wallets and vote with their feet, and the East will benefit while the West continues to decline. I see this happening first hand. Good people are leaving. Meanwhile, quality of life here continues to slide as the public bickers over partisan talking points rather than try to come together and fix things.

Unfortunately it's global. If your country has a central bank, or is beholden to one.. which is basically every nation on Earth. We don't need them, absolutely. But we're going to have them forced upon us.

I just hit MDGL stock. Just bought the second half of my position last week too. Will be the first drug for NASH liver disease ever approved if the FDA approves it

i learned about edward avedisian while waiting for my haircut. Edward Avedisian, the career clarinetist whose 2022 $100 million gift to BU renamed the BU School of Medicine in his honor, has died.

“If I did it all over again,” he said, “I would probably lose my shirt—and my shoes and socks.”

reminded me of ronald reed , the janitor who gave away millions .

I predict another losing year in 2023 for the S&P500; or at best a 5% return. The combination of the fed not being finished, a recession looming, earnings growth for the major tech companies being revised down, problems in Europe and China, and the ongoing conflict in Ukraine will ensure this is not a good year for the overall market.

I expect $SPY to break $350 by the end of January.

However, I do think it will be a good year for banks. I might open deep ITM LEAPS on C and BAC.

**Not financial advice, I just want to revisit this post to see how wrong I was***

Good Luck and Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Bought $KALA for $6.75 and sold the same day for $9 yesterday and it's $22 right now :(

I bought some shares of a money market mutual fund for the first time ever. With the overnight rate where it is they're starting to be an attractive place to park cash that needs to be accessed in the short term.

I'll be eyeing $QQQ, $VOX and $VCR over the next two years.

I believe Amazon is trading at about the cheapest its been in 10 years.

According to my calculation its price to book ratio is 6.23 when its historical average p/b over the last 5 years is near 17.

Unfortunately, its price to earnings is still high at 77, but Amazon is always trading at a high p/e.

Shorted silver with 2x leverage during the 1-2pm mid-day bounce

If I make money on the trade I'll probably buy actual silver with the profits, lol

Down on the silver short already...

A small gold miner I follow is up a lot recently, $FURY. Not sure what's moving the stock price

pray natural gas goes up. I am getting murdered by $BOIL. I’ve never seen a stock, more so a commodity, drop so far, so fast. I figured with the winter and the conflict in Ukraine, nat gas would trade closer to $5. I’m reading some people fear it could drop as low as $2

I picked BABA, META, and JDcom at their recent lows right before they took off. However, I sold the contracts shortly after opening and missed this huge run.

BA has been on a sick heater which I expect to end soon. The company is in serious debt IIRC.

Good luck.

Yeah man, leveraged ETFs are terrible when they go against you multiple days in a row to weeks in this case.

I sold it almost a month ago at $40 for a loss, and was hoping it would stay where it was a few days ago until next week so I can buy it back without it being a wash trade on taxes. It'll be over 30 days on Monday, so I may play it then

Just looked and Bitcoin is almost $21K

I sold MSTR on Thursday for over 30% gain at $196 then it closed Friday at $217 and will definitely go up a good amount on Tuesday if Bitcoin holds this level...