• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

i didn't have that much - when i bought it, it was about $350 worth at $22 a piece....it went right up after that and stayed up close to $2000
Let the lesson here be that when you make stupid investments and they skyrocket, you should at least take some profits - if not get out entirely. If you sold half or even 1/3rd of your position near the top, you would have more money than you initially invested. And thus you wouldn't cared too much when this happened.

Fuck altcoins.

Listen up!

We'll call them "Stable Coins"

FSljTZvXwA0ZjbY

Shorting USDT (which has been proven to not actually be backed by US$) could prove to be quite lucrative.
I've considered the idea before, but timing is a massive issue determining the feasibility of it.

Let the lesson here be that when you make stupid investments and they skyrocket, you should at least take some profits - if not get out entirely. If you sold half or even 1/3rd of your position near the top, you would have more money than you initially invested. And thus you wouldn't cared too much when this happened.

Fuck altcoins.

yea it was because my initial investment was so small that i didn't care - so i let it ride - it was more of a bet than an investment - if i would've known their was a fairly decent chance of going to zero, i would've easily just cashed out a while ago - but i also didn't look into it as much either because of the small initial buy - all was good when it hit $119 last month, that's for sure

:shrug:

So this LUNA fiasco was an amazing opportunity for making money. My friend has literally made 100x on what he put in. He DCAd on the way down. If you look at the chart, the low point it hit was 0.0000004. Then it went up over the course of one day to a high of 0.00044. Which is over 1000x. I could have stuck $100 in at the bottom and sold at the top and turned it into $100,000. Fucking wild. Crypto is wild.

So this LUNA fiasco was an amazing opportunity for making money. My friend has literally made 100x on what he put in. He DCAd on the way down. If you look at the chart, the low point it hit was 0.0000004. Then it went up over the course of one day to a high of 0.00044. Which is over 1000x. I could have stuck $100 in at the bottom and sold at the top and turned it into $100,000. Fucking wild. Crypto is wild.
You know what it's up to on total "tokens" or whatever in circulation now? Last I saw, Friday I think, it was up to 6.5 trillion.

Haha I forgot about POLX. A while back I realized I needed to switch my tokens to V3 on the Polygon network. I'll check it out now, I haven't looked at it in a hot minute.

The foundation, a Singapore-based non-profit designed to defend UST, wrote in a 10-tweet thread on Monday that it would look to compensate the smallest holders first, adding that it is "still debating through various distribution methods, updates to follow soon."

smallest holders - i would think that would be me? what are they gonna do? give me some more luna?

:cautious:

I'm continuing to avoid equities and have been investing in individual bonds and term deposits. Yields are starting to get juicy!

I think we finally hit the bear market in this crypto cycle. Volume is way down, price is heading lower. I wasn't sure if we'd get another big crash, but I think we're heading there. I'm overall happy about it, I hope it lasts for a year, it'll be time to accumulate at rock bottom prices in time to catch the next one. A lot of the people who only got into it this bull run will hold through half the bear market and give up and start saying crypto is dead... like me in 2018. As for me in 2022, I'm just gonna hang onto it. If I'd done that last time I'd be so far in the green, instead of having sold it for 85% loss (on average).

Made $3,200 on a shitty penny stock today. Pretty crazy story.

So, I bought 200k shares at .008 a few weeks ago because they became up to date on filings (after CEO died and was replaced) which meant they would become "Pink Current" on the otc, which normally makes the stock go up.

It spiked to .017 a couple days later and I didn't sell, and it dropped all the way back down, so I bought 200k more at the same price.

Then it went to .014 the next week and I didn't sell, and it went back down again, and then below where I bought.

So today, it suddenly got massive volume, no news or new filings, and went up again, so I sold all 400k shares at .016 and then it went to .023, but the crazy thing is it went all the way back down and closed at .0079, DOWN on the day after being up nearly 200% at the high. Insane

Edit: Forgot to add that the stock is EMGE

Here's a candlestick chart

Today
p.php

For some reason the daily chart shows today twice
p.php

Last edited:
I couldn't help myself... just placed my first options bet in a long time. Trying out some merger arbitrage!

TQQQ doing well. If we bottomed already it could work out. Its 3x leverage on the QQQ etf

do you invest in stocks or those other confusing things? do people in europe and other far away places still trade in NASDAQ and NYSE?

i recently opened an account with an online broker. while waiting for all my account stuff to clear -- took forever -- i've been trying to figure the game out. it's horrible. reading press release after newsletter after blog post. i can't get enough.

it actually is kinda horrible. the copy seems written by computers. some of the articles are. automated sends triggered by algorithms. they're full of language i should understand before investing the amount of money i transferred into my brokerage account -- but so it goes. and while i like it and am lurking, i'm not ready for the broker's message board.

bluelight should have a thread about investing. it used to. back after the crash in late 2008, GenericMind said he was thinking about investing in a few solid bluechips that had hit new lows. i assume he now wakes up to mimosas on the french riviera.

people on here have obsessive personalities. could be advantageous. and unlike following big online trends that seem to lead to big spreads and/or excited talk about entry points you've missed, i bet bluelighters dig up some interesting finds that are not hot nation- or worldwide.

in like the 10 days it took for my information to error, be resubmitted, be approved, pass the waiting period, blah bah i've been watching a few. KNDI, AMD, NLY, KMI & KMP, ARIA, CNDO, and of course AAPL. KNDI is the most interesting of them. i don't really watch ARIA or CNDO anymore. though some major drug from one of the two regained FDA approval and hits shelves again the 15ish. i haven't committed to looking for an entry point on any of the above. some of them are interesting jokes like NLY, some are interesting but feel scary like KNDI, and some are getting serious consideration like KMI. AMD seems like a lot of fun, but too hot and too volatile.

anyone making it big or losing it all?
DM me, I run an online investment community on Discord where we share knowledge about trading. It's mostly cryptocurrencies, metaverse, DeFi and some stocks.

There are a few other BLers in there that I won't name here. We'd love to have you. I quit my job in cybersecurity in 2016 to trade full-time and I live a very comfortable life.

It's free, no one wants your money or anything like that.

Mine is worth 55 cents. SCORE!!

My good friend, who just got into crypto in 2021 and is very, very much in his moonboy stage, had the majority of his holdings in LUNA (and has, or rather, had, about $60k invested in crypto, basically everything he has ever saved over his lifetime, and he got in during BTC's all time high), and bought all the way down, but his last buy was at about $1, thinking it couldn't go lower. He kept telling me to buy, buy, buy, because they're going to recover and he's going to be a billionaire. And that the snapshot/new LUNA is "free money" since you'll get airdropped some and get to keep Luna Classic. He is convinced that in a few years from now, LUNA is going to be the top L1 blockchain. I told him he needs to give up on LUNA, don't think he wants to listen, though.

I'll give him that he's smart enough not to sell all his crypto in disgust, but I wish he'd move on from LUNA. He's smarter than me in that way, because in 2018, I sold all of my crypto at the very bottom after holding through half the bear cycle, thinking it would never recover. But lots of stuff won't recover and LUNA is almost surely one of them. He does have a lot of other stuff so eventually he'll be fine, but I don't get why he still thinks Luna is heading for the top of the heap.