• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

Man from 200 mg substitol cold turkey was heavy ill two weeks.Way,way worst than heroine.May be,if you suceed and quit datbshit you will never use it again.I wish that to you

Day 5.

Yesterday day 4, I did 20mg bupe.

Today I'm at 12mg, gonna do what I did yesterday, go until bedtime to redose, and I'zll be at 16mg total today. Tomorrow I'm gonna push the issue, and do 2mg per dose. Supplement with gabapentin. Maybe 4 mg for breakfast, but 2 mg after that for each re-up. So could theoretically be down to 10mg. We'll see. Gonna jump to kratom starting Friday probably. I bought tons of it. Hoping to stay on kratom for maybe 2 weeks, then jump and use gabapentin to help.

doood @Nas47 i am on 800mg substitol daily... i get 4 x 200mg and in the first years i used it normal i took thouse 4pills with some water in the morning...and
since i would say 4 month.. i take 2 x 200mg with water in the morning and then in the evening i take one 200mg i.v. and the other 200mg i take i.v. at arround 4 am

and i would like to stopp i.v. use but its not easy cause if i take 4 x 200mg with water in the morning i get a turkey at arround 3 pm and it gets worse at arround 11pm
and at 3 - 4 am i was feeling like i took noithing .. this substitol is massive and i dont want even to think about getting off this morphin..

thx for your feedback and one short question
are you still on substitution?

cheers

On days 5 and 6, I did 16 mg bupe each day. I was pretty upset with myself about it and was feeling down about it. It's weird how you perceive time. But yesterday, I felt fine in the morning. Or I should say I felt like, it's a very typical feeling to describe but I definitely didn't feel like I needed it so I put one in my pocket and worked a half day of work. By about 1:30 p.m., I definitely was starting to feel it. I had taken my last 4 mg at almost 12 hours before, maybe 13. In any case, I decided not to switch over to kratom just yet and took 4 mg around 2:00 p.m., then I took another 4 mg at 8:30 p.m., then I took one when I went to bed at 10:30 p.m. again, I'm not happy but since it was day 7 and I did 4 mg less than the day before, I'm fairly happy with the progress.

My understand that 12 mg is a lot, but from my experience and my perception, this is nowhere near saturating all my receptors. I know they say Suboxone has a ceiling effect but let me tell you, someone can easily do 32 mg or even higher if they want to or if they need to. Hell I did on day one but that would be way Overkill yesterday. So today my goal is to come in under 12 mg, that's it. I'm going to start scissoring the strips into quarters so that I can do 2 mg doses. Obviously I'm not in denial and I understand that some of this is a placebo effect. Like last night, I didn't really need to take that last one when I went to bed since I had taken 4 mg 4 hours earlier.

Anyway, to anyone out there, I just wanted to share my experience. I probably could jump right now and it would be unpleasant and I could use the kratom and I still might do that I don't know. I'm weighing the options. Otherwise my hope is to be down to like 4 mg a day by next Friday.

Great post, amapola.

Does anyone experienced having a strange body smell while withdrawing?

When I used to go through it, I'd notice a weird B.O. and always had to shower and change clothes.
Everything smells strange, different and annoying when I'm in opiate withdrawal.

I just need one good night's rest, even if it's shitty Benadryl sleep or crazy dream baclofen/gabapentin sleep, any sleep just helps so much.
Do you take both baclofen & gabapentin at the same time?

I used to combine baclofen (~10-25mg) with gabapentin/pregabalin, and I remember thinking that it boosted their effects. But it's been quite a while and my memory is suspect at this point – plus, it's not like I did a controlled experiment in the first place – so I'm interested to know what results you had, if you did combine the two.

Last edited:
Do you take both baclofen & gabapentin at the same time?

I used to combine baclofen (~10-25mg) with gabapentin/pregabalin, and I remember thinking that it boosted their effects. But it's been quite a while and my memory is suspect at this point – plus, it's not like I did a controlled experiment in the first place – so I'm interested to know what results you had, if you did combine the two.
I've been too scared to mix them. But I need to try it.

Well, I jumped off the Suboxone, Friday was my last dose. And I've been doing kratom since. I don't want to use the word easy but, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. So I'm going to do kratom this week and then jump off.

That's when I'll definitely mix the gabapentin and baclofen.

I've been too scared to mix them. But I need to try it.

Well, I jumped off the Suboxone, Friday was my last dose. And I've been doing kratom since. I don't want to use the word easy but, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. So I'm going to do kratom this week and then jump off.

That's when I'll definitely mix the gabapentin and baclofen.
Proud of you. Stay strong man.

Hey Bluelight Forum Friends!!

one question :

Has anyone ever tried subutex withdrawal with the help of kratom? Does that help or is it no help at all?

thanks and all the best froim germany

It will help but there are two things you need to know. Number one, the kratom that you are going to find in gas stations is garbage. Number two, if you need to take 8 g or 10 g of kratom to feel relief, then do it. You might have to start out doing 50, 60, 70 g per day. Your goal should always be to push the accelerator down in lowering your dose. You should be able to get down to 8 grams a day and that's when you can think about jumping off with the help of a couple of benzos or gabapentin or pregabalin.

I'm a huge fan of the site that is named Happy African animal that also had a board game called hungry hungry [name]. They divide their stuff by slow versus fast. The slow varieties are chill and relaxed. And while they are usually red, there are some slow White and slow yellow varieties.

hey @tarman !!

Thanks a lot for your feedback and hints ... i am a old kratom user i can say that kratom was my way into heroin over tramaldon and i know what u mean with quality of kratom stuff i was always a lover of malaysia kratom and when i started with heroin i never tried kratom again so thats why i ask i am now since 2013 in the substitution first start with 14ml polamidon then since 2016 i am on 800mg substitol .. and now i have this stupid i.v. use substitol problem cant go without at the moment :(

doood @Nas47 i am on 800mg substitol daily... i get 4 x 200mg and in the first years i used it normal i took thouse 4pills with some water in the morning...and
since i would say 4 month.. i take 2 x 200mg with water in the morning and then in the evening i take one 200mg i.v. and the other 200mg i take i.v. at arround 4 am

and i would like to stopp i.v. use but its not easy cause if i take 4 x 200mg with water in the morning i get a turkey at arround 3 pm and it gets worse at arround 11pm
and at 3 - 4 am i was feeling like i took noithing .. this substitol is massive and i dont want even to think about getting off this morphin..

thx for your feedback and one short question
are you still on substitution?

cheers
Quitt substitol 2012.Six months on 200mg daily.i.v.Quitt cold turkey in med.free rehab....so no meds,even paracetamol.Was way worst than H withdrawl.Two weeks nightmare.After a month was like a new.Been in rehab three months then.In other country...far away from home.Then may be two years was clean..some joint here and there.Now on prescription bupr.patches,not in program,but yes somekind substitution

hey @Nas47

u joking?

cold turkey from 200mg substitol? really?
man i am om 800mg daily since 2018 and i tell u omce i missed the assignment
and that next night was horror really hardcore and i cant believe u made it out .. respect
did u had this hardcore severe diarrhea that was crazy and did u really had no medication?

thanks lets stay in contact

No man.nothing.That was my second and third detox in christian evangelic rehab(because of substitol).There's not allowed meds,nor smoking cigarettes.There aren't psychologist or some of that sort.Working therapy and prayers.Some kind a monastery.....for dopefiends,alcoholics and just homeless.A tough place-first two weeks-you vommit and crawling around.Then little by little get outside to work-in magazine or cook in the kitchen.I was a lorrydriver...quickly get orientated in unknown cities,different languages-i have been in Naples,Genova,Madrid-all in same organisation.....cause it's free.You work for your shelter,shower and food.In fact such places have curious high percentage sobriety achieved after some period....cause,when you leave you feel so strange.The world seems strange.The feeling to walk alone(you are always by two in rehab outside).To sit and drink a beer,to listen music.....fantastic....like you do it for the first time

Last edited:
but sir @Nas47 ,.... it musst be a heavy turkey or? i mean.. u went off from 200mg substitol to 0 from one of the other day right without any medication help?

Heavy man,heavy.Correct-without help of meds.even cannot smoke-quittin all together

cant believe u really made this.. but one more question... what was the hardest part? and what was the hardest day?

Withdrawl is two weeks.many people made this,why you can't believe?Such place is hard...but after a month everything start to feel normal.

i really would like to get out of it ... cause i have only 2 days takehome.. and i work fulltime