• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids **The Oxycontin Mega Thread.** - Can't find your thread? Its in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No shit eh... When I found out about the MScontin time-release formula, I kinda wondered why they didn't take that concept to oxycontin months ago.

Looks like they finally got around to it. Certainly makes life more difficult for my oxy brothers.

"Taken together, these findings suggest that the impediments to tampering posed by the new formulation may reduce self-administration, however, real world experience will be necessary to confirm this"

So... they think by making the time-release mechanism slightly harder to bypass, people will simply just stop abusing them? Duuuummmmb.

Shouldn't really snort the present ones, shittier BA.

But, they seem VERY hard to turn into powder, so, I'd imagine they'd be significantly harder to snort effectively.

I snort opana all the time, so if its the same thing as that then it should be fine.

And bioavailability isn't everything, its about how fast it starts working.

i don't even take oxys but that makes me a little sad for the ones who do. i think it's ridiculous. eventually, someone will figure out a way around the new formula...

i wonder if the fda has even questioned their decision to put the drug on the market in the first place? it's odd to me that it has caused such an uproar but is STILL prescribed by the truckload.

wow, no good! this is not good news at all. Looks like purdue's revenue might be going down. Either less ppl will take it because of these factors, or more people will take it precisely because its manufactured that way and docs are more willing now. We shall see. Hope for the latter. It will still take months if not years to fully permeate the market, if it does at all

In either situation, you're still injecting nasty inactive ingredients. The only difference, is that users are going to have to start cotton and micron filtering if they want to get the most out of their shots, while preserving their health at the same time.

Oxycodone has a high oral BA anyways.

-> OC Mega Thread

lol @ milled in a coffee grinder. I believe i've actually heard people doing that with opana though so maybe not that weird (i understand it was probably more for demonstration purposes), but wouldn't the good ol' hose clamp do the trick?

Will the old OxyContin remain on the market?

So Purdue Pharma has reformulated OxyContin to make it harder to abuse. My question is: Will the old formulation remain on the market, or will it be completely replaced and superseded? If it does remain on the shelves alongside the new formulation, what will the difference in the names be?

Please cite your source if you try to answer this question, because I have done a fair amount of research and I still haven't found the answer. I think it is possible that Purdue hasn't decided yet, or they haven't announced their plan yet. They are just trying to get lots of good press at this point, without disclosing any specifics.

I am especially suspicious because I have found very few physical details about the reformulated pills, and I have never seen a picture. What exactly did they change? The details about these pills clearly exist, but they are not being shared with the press.

Bad for the snorter... *sad indeed. I love sniffing those, I love it how they show the 40's yellow. Ooh love the yellow roses.

I'm guessing people will just crush, or try to crush, and swallow. They can change it so many times but the active stuff is still oxycodone, which will get you shit face high if you take enough.

All my questions have been answered, thanks.

This info seems to be very hot off the presses. Also, how come no popular press articles that I have ever seen mentioned any of these pertinent details? Damn magazines. This is why you should always just ask the random drug addicts on the internet.

^I don't think most people care that oxycontin is in a new formula, and most magazines cater to the people that don't give a shit. There should be more druggie magazines.

I am assuming we will still have the delicious little blue 30mg roxi at our disposal. Which is plenty fine with me.

This thread is about to hit 1k, so I'm closing it in a minute and moving current discussion over to version 2 of the Oxycontin Mega Thread.

Abg's

They still around? They were actually my second OxyCodone pill I ever done <3

Status
Not open for further replies.