• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy 4-AcO-EPT Thread

I look forward to reading more about this RC specifically how to compares to 4-Aco-DMT as I read it's structurally similar.

It's relatively similar, insomuch as any 4-substituted tryptamine (4-XX-XXT drug) is structurally similar. But the -EPTs are kind of outliers in the family, actually all the propyls (-DPTs, -EPTs, -MPTs) are more dissimilar from 4-HO/AcO-DMT than the rest of them are.

I mean, it's tea to 4-AcO-DMT's coffee. One's a lot stronger and they both taste totally different, but they still have core similarities. Just don't take one thinking it'll substitute for the other unless you're not especially picky. 4-AcO-DMT is much deeper, while 4-AcO-EPT is ethereal and light in my experience.

[Longtime lurker]

I recently picked up some 4-AcO-EPT. I'm a 'fan' of these types of compounds (tryptamines, lysergamides, phenylethylamines, etc.) and have been dabbling in them for more than 40 years, I use/ingest them regularly, but this was the first time that I've encountered this particular molecule. I read up what I could, about other people's experiences with this material (sparse available information) and concluded that it seemed to be highly variable in its potency/effects, but that 30 mg should be a fairly moderate dosage; for comparison I generally regard 20-25 mg to be a pleasant, enjoyable dose of more 'potent' 4-subbed tryptamines like 4-[AcO|HO]-[DMT|DET|MPT|MiPT].

So, my partner and I both swallowed 30 mg each of 4-AcO-EPT at the same time, expecting a fairly light 'trip'. What proceeded for the pair of us were vastly different experiences: my partner barely felt anything, a light sparkle at best and she was disappointed by the lack of psychedelic activity; whereas I was completely floored, total ego destruction and the experience of multiple simultaneous existences, I lost connection to who or where I was. My experience was extraordinarily intense and was at times deeply unpleasant, including moments of excruciating pain - but there were also periods of quiet, dull mundanity, and ecstatic, joyful pleasure. Time distortion was off the charts - I lived multiple lives. I have never experienced anything quite as intense (I've lost connection to reality before, but nothing like this).

I have no explanation for what happened. Perhaps I'm exquisitely sensitive to 4-AcO-EPT (I did have the 'feeling' of something highly attuned to my personal chemistry, but that's likely to be meaningless rationalization - not exactly unexpected when completely messed up). I'll admit that I was somewhat sleep deprived at the time, but I've taken much 'stronger' (by popular wisdom) psychedelics in similar circumstances without this type of response. I don't know what to make of it - but I'm certainly going to be a bit more cautious about experimenting with this substance in future. On the other hand, I'm also quite well aware that this can equally have been a 'one off' irrepeatable experience.

Whatever the cause, as reports on this one are still rare, I thought I should add my 'data point', even if it is an extreme and random outlier.

[Longtime lurker]

I recently picked up some 4-AcO-EPT. I'm a 'fan' of these types of compounds (tryptamines, lysergamides, phenylethylamines, etc.) and have been dabbling in them for more than 40 years, I use/ingest them regularly, but this was the first time that I've encountered this particular molecule. I read up what I could, about other people's experiences with this material (sparse available information) and concluded that it seemed to be highly variable in its potency/effects, but that 30 mg should be a fairly moderate dosage; for comparison I generally regard 20-25 mg to be a pleasant, enjoyable dose of more 'potent' 4-subbed tryptamines like 4-[AcO|HO]-[DMT|DET|MPT|MiPT].

So, my partner and I both swallowed 30 mg each of 4-AcO-EPT at the same time, expecting a fairly light 'trip'. What proceeded for the pair of us were vastly different experiences: my partner barely felt anything, a light sparkle at best and she was disappointed by the lack of psychedelic activity; whereas I was completely floored, total ego destruction and the experience of multiple simultaneous existences, I lost connection to who or where I was. My experience was extraordinarily intense and was at times deeply unpleasant, including moments of excruciating pain - but there were also periods of quiet, dull mundanity, and ecstatic, joyful pleasure. Time distortion was off the charts - I lived multiple lives. I have never experienced anything quite as intense (I've lost connection to reality before, but nothing like this).

I have no explanation for what happened. Perhaps I'm exquisitely sensitive to 4-AcO-EPT (I did have the 'feeling' of something highly attuned to my personal chemistry, but that's likely to be meaningless rationalization - not exactly unexpected when completely messed up). I'll admit that I was somewhat sleep deprived at the time, but I've taken much 'stronger' (by popular wisdom) psychedelics in similar circumstances without this type of response. I don't know what to make of it - but I'm certainly going to be a bit more cautious about experimenting with this substance in future. On the other hand, I'm also quite well aware that this can equally have been a 'one off' irrepeatable experience.

Whatever the cause, as reports on this one are still rare, I thought I should add my 'data point', even if it is an extreme and random outlier.
How wild. This must be a funny one. Before ever taking this, I remember reading reports where the consensus was that 50mg was a mild trip. I thought jumping in at 30mg was being conservative. Like you, I had an unexpectedly strong experience, no less potent than most other 4-sub tryptamines. I'm glad I didn't jump in at 50. There have been lots of reports since then that confirmed that many people find it to be neat as potent.

I've revisited this at 10mg, and 10+10mg over an hour. Both were very pleasant and manageable experiences by comparison. I don't know if that first trip was a fluke (like my one 30mg 2C-D) or if it was representative of the drug. I didn't think it was special enough to really dig into enough to find out

How wild. This must be a funny one. Before ever taking this, I remember reading reports where the consensus was that 50mg was a mild trip. I thought jumping in at 30mg was being conservative. Like you, I had an unexpectedly strong experience, no less potent than most other 4-sub tryptamines. I'm glad I didn't jump in at 50. There have been lots of reports since then that confirmed that many people find it to be neat as potent.

I've revisited this at 10mg, and 10+10mg over an hour. Both were very pleasant and manageable experiences by comparison. I don't know if that first trip was a fluke (like my one 30mg 2C-D) or if it was representative of the drug. I didn't think it was special enough to really dig into enough to find out
Yep, still scratching my head about this one and have to admit that I felt a rather embarrassed (realising that I'd been a gibbering mess for a few hours while my girlfriend had been mildly buzzed wasn't my proudest moment...) and somewhat wary to get back into the psychedelic saddle for a while (only recently dipped my toes back in - had a 'normal' reponse, nothing dramatic to report (5-MeO-MiPT)). I'm going to wait until I'm feeling brave and adventurous again before revisiting 4-AcO-EPT, although it'll be almost impossible to tackle it with a clean/objective mindset anyway, so any conclusions will be pretty biased.

However, I'm guessing there's a decent amount of this tryptamine about these days, as a fair number of vendors seem to have been listing it, so I'll be keeping an eye out for other reports of idiosyncratic responses on this one. As for now though, I'm seeing if I can summon up the nerve for a cheeky weekday business trip...

Going to do an allergy test with this one tommorow and then a full trip next week. Really enjoyed 4-HO-EPT so I'm assuming I will this one as well. Surprised how small this thread is right now, I'm gonna come back and talk about the trip afterwords.

I'm guessing a full dose for me will be around 25-30mgs if it's of a similar potency to the HO variant. Probably will take it 2-3 times this year and then put it away for awhile. I've got a number of substances that need furthur evaluation in the near future.

This whole family has become of interest to me now. I'd also like to get my hands on EPT and 5-MeO-EPT at some point. Have a couple sources for this Base Tryptamine but haven't personally seen the later on the market, some people say EPT is pretty Mild. Still wanna find out myself though and do to the Zen like nature of these 4-subs I bet the 5-MeO for this group is really good.

For some reason i feel like it will have less physical stress then others in that class. With only going on how friendly 4-HO-EPT was with my body, I'd had literally no negative side effects everytime I took it. Went through 300mgs of that pretty quickly and if it wasn't any good i wouldn't have gobbled it up so fast. Almost found that psychedelic to be empathogenic for me in a way.

This has me really excited guys.
Wish more people would give it a go :)
All I can say is tread very carefully, as I'm fairly certain Shulgin reported 5-MeO DET as being somewhat unpleasant...

So here's a thought. 4-AcO-EPT might have some of the same issues with inconsistent oral bioavailability as 4-xxx-DPT.

I have had two experiences with this. One at 30mg, one at 10+8mg. The first was quite strong, the other incredibly mild. The difference between the two was entirely out of proportion to the dosage.

Other people have reported disappointingly mild effects at 60mg and surprisingly strong effects at 20mg. Some people have had both + and +++ experiences from the same 30mg dosages on different occasions.

I wonder if intranasal dosing might make the dosage response curve a little more consistent with this one. Some quick searches suggest that it's plenty potent when used intranasally at 20mg. Maybe insufflation or other ROAs than oral might help get the most out of this one. I'm not in a hurry to try insufflation, though. I can handle the pain of 2C-B in my nose, but a stinky tryptamine drip makes me want to barf just thinking about it, especially with leftover acetate smell in the mix. Blegh.

@Pfafffed Have you tried 4-HO-EPT as well? I'm planning on getting some here soon after reading some really positive reports on it, but if it has the same sort of absorption issues I may as well get 4-AcO-EPT (since it's available a lot closer to home). Sounds like one to try plugging btw.

@Pfafffed Have you tried 4-HO-EPT as well? I'm planning on getting some here soon after reading some really positive reports on it, but if it has the same sort of absorption issues I may as well get 4-AcO-EPT (since it's available a lot closer to home). Sounds like one to try plugging btw.
I enjoyed 4-HO-EPT, it'll be an interesting time :)
I tried it twice, both at 50mg, that was a good dose for me and I believe in line with the experiences of others, ++/+++

I have only vaporized 4-HO-EPT. I was going to try some orally for the first time yesterday, but I ended up wrapping Christmas presents instead. I suspect that I might like the HO better. The acetoxy sub could use more depth and warmth and less stimulation, which is the general trend for me with hydroxy subs.

Got this one awhile back incidentally while trying to get some 4-AcO-DMT. Vendor told me they were out but would substitute with 2g 4-AcO-EPT. To my delight a couple weeks after receiving that my originally scheduled gram of 4-AcO-DMT arrived alongside another gram of 4-AcO-EPT. Onset felt pretty typical, little bit of anxiety and nausea on the come up, but always quickly subsided. The depth of CEVs at doses low as ~20mg in my case was surprising, but they were not particularly meaningful. The OEVs were never all that. The stimulation is definitely polarising, nearing excessive for my taste, kept me from wanting to go that much higher than 50mg. The uncomfortable nature seemed to scale more rapidly than visual effect for me. It also had a comparatively short duration, dropping off noticeably early. I've seen the OH equivalent (anecdotally seems I'd prefer) described as "hedonistic" and I'd say this follows suit, not mentally intrusive, just sort of does it's thing. I figure it'd shine more in combinations. This along with 4-AcO-DMT are the first psychedelic RCs I've tried, curious to try others

Got this one awhile back incidentally while trying to get some 4-AcO-DMT. Vendor told me they were out but would substitute with 2g 4-AcO-EPT. To my delight a couple weeks after receiving that my originally scheduled gram of 4-AcO-DMT arrived alongside another gram of 4-AcO-EPT. Onset felt pretty typical, little bit of anxiety and nausea on the come up, but always quickly subsided. The depth of CEVs at doses low as ~20mg in my case was surprising, but they were not particularly meaningful. The OEVs were never all that. The stimulation is definitely polarising, nearing excessive for my taste, kept me from wanting to go that much higher than 50mg. The uncomfortable nature seemed to scale more rapidly than visual effect for me. It also had a comparatively short duration, dropping off noticeably early. I've seen the OH equivalent (anecdotally seems I'd prefer) described as "hedonistic" and I'd say this follows suit, not mentally intrusive, just sort of does it's thing. I figure it'd shine more in combinations. This along with 4-AcO-DMT are the first psychedelic RCs I've tried, curious to try others
I'm with you on the stimulation. Based on a few vaporization trials, I think 4-HO-EPT will prove a lot less stimulating for me.

I combined just 10mg of 4-AcO-EPT with 6mg 5-MeO-MiPT last week and still found the stimulation to be noticeable. Not unpleasant, but I'm glad I kept the dosage tiny. While it was nice enough, don't think I'll repeat it.