• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Small & Handy HXE Thread (3-HO-2’-oxo-PCE)

I think 3-HO-2-oxo'-PCE is likely to be much more similar to MXE than MXPr is. That said I always try to remember that I really didn't care for MXE until I'd done it more than a few times. And the same is true of every dissociative I've ever enjoyed.

I used to do ketamine a lot back in 2003 and loved it. I then came across mexxy in 2011 and fell in love with it from the first use,the rest is history.

I think o-pce was close in ways but too much amnesia and much colder,very easy to get fucked up on too.

MXE was the best chemical ever made
I was hooked harder than anything I've ever done........like rehab was the end result
No one there had heard of it (2012)

Anyone care to speculate about potency and duration?

3-ho-pcp is shorter and has about the same potency of 3-meo-pcp, isnt?

Is the same applicable to 3-ho-pce, 3-meo-pce?

I know the proof is in the pudding, but let´s conjure some results

It may very well be better than MXE forgive me for saying it. Many people on here refer to 3-HO-PCP as being more preferred over 3-MeO-PCP. Haven't had either so I don't know personally but from what I've read 3-HO-PCP is pretty amazing and the other somewhat sketchy. Now let's see what this 3-HO-2'-oxo-PCE is about, sign me up right away please. If it's gonna be the ultimate new incarnate of Methoxetamine :)

Omg this is great news to my ears! Mxe is an all-time favorite of mine. Same greatness ass lsd and thc

HXE = 3-HO-2'-oxo-PCE. 3-HO-PCE is different (it's HXE without an oxo on the 2' position). HXE is MXE with the methoxy on the 3 position replaced by a hydroxy.

Unfortunetly, I got this message.

"But for HXE things aren't looking so good. After receiving the batch it
was too brownish and we sent it back for purification. The informations
are still unclear but apparently they didn't succeed cleaning and also
ruined the production. I'll have more news soon but it's not looking
good."

Anyone able to tell me the full IUPAC name and the CAS # for HXE ? I know of a well experienced chemical corporation I tend to use which allows custom synthesis but that doesn't neccesarily mean they will be able to make it.

In the second post in this thread I answered the first question. ;) Should be 3-HO-2'-oxo-PCE. No idea the CAS number.

The full chemical name. Not just the abbreviation. I couldn't locate the CAS # myself. : s I hope he doesn't neccesarily require it : / (If it is possible anyway)

Well MXE is 2-(3-methoxyphenyl)-2-(N-ethylamino)cyclohexanone, so HXE should be 2-(3-hydroxyphenyl)-2-(N-ethylamino)cyclohexanone

Pretty sure anyway. It probably doesn't have a CAS number, as I don't know if it's ever been made.

It does not seem to be the most difficult molecule to create but IDK really. I have high hopes for this one.

The company who was going to release this said something about being displeased with the result, which suggested to me it might be pretty difficult, but I really don't know, not being a chemist. I hope it will be doable, as I bet it would be fantastic.

The problem with something like this lies in protection of the hydroxyl substituent on the phenyl ring. When employing cyclopentyl magnesium bromide in the construction of the cyclohexanone ring, as one would most likely do, a potential difficulty arises due to the terminal oxygen at the 3-hydroxy position on the phenyl moiety. Grignard reactions do not proceed smoothly, if at all, in the presence of terminal oxygen atoms. Methoxy substitution is much less difficult to work with. I suppose the hydroxyl radical could be added at a later point in the synthesis, or one could even reduce a 3-methoxy to 3-hydroxy, but then the question arises as to how to protect the oxygen on the cyclohexane ring. This "HXE" would be a difficult compound to synthesize, but certainly not impossible.

I would also, dissociative lover that I am, very much like to try it. MXE had a special magic that I've never experienced with any other material. Miss that one. It is still technically legal here in the United States, but I don't see anyone trying to manufacture and sell it... oh well. I would speculate that "HXE" would be much closer in terms of subjective experience to MXE than MXPr is, as others have already stated.

Methoxy substitution is much less difficult to work with. I suppose the hydroxyl radical could be added at a later point in the synthesis, or one could even reduce a 3-methoxy to 3-hydroxy,

As I understand it, one could easily O-demethylate MXE to form HXE with something like thiphenolate, boron tribromide, hydrobromic or hydroiodic acid.