Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is 10 days on Gabapentin a short enough time at say 600 mg a day, to stop on the 10th day without and gab wd?
I think you'd feel that cliff jump at the end, I always keep a few spare of anything I'm stopping, just in case stopping quick was a mistake, then you can do something about it.

I'm trying to count up the days since Halloween.
Six days off my DOC
Thirteen days on
Nineteen days off
Two on
Now off two days and struggling to keep my sanity.
So that adds to fourty two days since Halloween which was only thirty five days ago.
I knew time went slower in withdrawal, that proves it.

Those poor unsuspecting cat owners are in for a shock when they realise how bad the powder tastes without the capsule!
That's when I learned to thoroughly mix the contents of said capsule into like a tablespoon of wet food and give it to kitty first. They're usually so hungry that they will eat it all. Only then would I give the rest of the food as a chaser. Pretty much guarantees they will get all the meds. If you just mix the capsule in the entire portion, they may not eat all of it and therefore not get the entire dose. Easy peazy!

I'm trying to count up the days since Halloween.
Six days off my DOC
Thirteen days on
Nineteen days off
Two on
Now off two days and struggling to keep my sanity.
So that adds to fourty two days since Halloween which was only thirty five days ago.
I knew time went slower in withdrawal, that proves it.
So all this effort (and it is such a huge effort to NOT do a thing. Give me something to do and I'll do it, tell me NOT to use my DOC and it must be like trying to lose weight, people aren't any good at that either), this all achieved exactly what I managed in July and no more. I'm back on the higher strength bupe patches, gabapentin, daily vaping weed and can't control the vaping at all. I'm just going to hope that travelling without weed won't turn me into a grumpy lunatic, that won't impress anyone and I really need to look conventionally straight for at least some of this trip, meeting certain people who will matter in the future, they'll never know how much effort I'm putting into cleaning up my act here for a decent first impression. I'd hoped to stay on the lower dose of bupe because the higher dose means I take forever to cum, my hubbie ain't used to that!
I'm surprised how strongly I'm dependant on opiates, I know that sounds too naive for anyone to say, but I thought bupe would cover me. My calculations were way out, can't do the math.

Last edited:
I used to get 300mg x 3 per day. When I tapered off it I was opening the capsules and measuring out 1/2, then 1/4 for a week or two. That stuff tastes like dog shit sprayed with weed killer
It is legitimately one of the most bitter tastes I've experienced!

Is that what causes that?
I had that tonight making dinner, I felt totally paralysed by hopelessness. I took a 300, half an hour later I was feeling more normal, took another 300mg and I'm good.
OK, that was the first time I'd felt that gabapentin withdrawal and it was bad, but I thought it was still opiate wd so thank you for describing it, now I know. I hadn't taken any in over 48 hours, I thought stopping it might help me be less sloppy with opiates. I was taking about 6 of the 300s a day until then. It must stay in the body longer than they tell you if I only felt it after 2 days.
Lesson learnt, ty
When I had gabapentin WDs it felt more like benzo withdrawals to me (but like you said, everyone is different and everyone gets different effects!). Mind you I was/am on an antidepressant so perhaps that was a mitigating factor and hence I didn't get the depression. But I did however get the INTENSE anxiety from gabapentin WDs, like, intrusive thoughts, ruminating, hypervigilence, sense of impending doom, debilitating sense of fear, skin crawling, etc.

Is it better to snort? Someone here said the Roa makes a big difference with gabapentin. Had a rough night last night without sleeping, lots of rls. Hoped the 30 lopes would I took at 615am would hold me until the next morning, but ended up taking 5 at 2 am. Still reduced my dosage to 25 today. Reducing 3 -5 per day until 10 days is done. But, gabapentin is still a mystery drug. I had some valium 5 mg and took 3 , at different times trying to shake the rls. No luck. Any more information on gabapentin is helpful. 500 mg at bedtime, sounds fine. I snorted 200mg and hour ago, 242 pm here, 2nd day of wds, feeling lower than a snakes belly
So, I guess in a nutshell I'm asking how many days can you take gabs and stop without wds approximately??
As papercuts said, it varies for everyone. I am going to sound like such a mom here but I would avoid snorting the gabapentin, for a few reasons. You're taking it as a comfort med for opiate WDs, not to get a buzz off it. Secondly, if you take it orally (as with anything) it will last longer than if you snort it, which is what you want if you're taking it to get through WDs. Lastly, you're trying to break the habit of snorting a substance, and the act of snorting something is a habit in itself. Snorting the gabs is just prolonging breaking that habit of snorting stuff. Does that make sense? (Sorry, it's late here and my brain is shutting down haha). I think you get what I'm saying though.

That's when I learned to thoroughly mix the contents of said capsule into like a tablespoon of wet food and give it to kitty first. They're usually so hungry that they will eat it all. Only then would I give the rest of the food as a chaser. Pretty much guarantees they will get all the meds. If you just mix the capsule in the entire portion, they may not eat all of it and therefore not get the entire dose. Easy peazy!
Yes!! Exactly this :)

When I had gabapentin WDs it felt more like benzo withdrawals to me
Yes, benzo wd would be closer, it feels more electrickly spikey like that.
Opiate wd is complex though, it still throws up unexpected problems each time, but with the higher bupe dose I really shouldn't be getting wd symptoms and I'm feeling a lot better, just disappointed I didn't manage what I wanted, but it's not worth quitting bupe for tolerance benefits. I'm much more present in the room than a month or two ago and much more capable of organising christmas and the visitors and the trip at new year, so that's enough for now. If they tested my pee now the only illegal thing would be THC and noone really cares about that. :)

Last edited:
So all this effort (and it is such a huge effort to NOT do a thing. Give me something to do and I'll do it, tell me NOT to use my DOC and it must be like trying to lose weight, people aren't any good at that either), this all achieved exactly what I managed in July and no more. I'm back on the higher strength bupe patches, gabapentin, daily vaping weed and can't control the vaping at all. I'm just going to hope that travelling without weed won't turn me into a grumpy lunatic, that won't impress anyone and I really need to look conventionally straight for at least some of this trip, meeting certain people who will matter in the future, they'll never know how much effort I'm putting into cleaning up my act here for a decent first impression. I'd hoped to stay on the lower dose of bupe because the higher dose means I take forever to cum, my hubbie ain't used to that!
I'm surprised how strongly I'm dependant on opiates, I know that sounds too naive for anyone to say, but I thought the more natural the tar, the less strong it is and bupe would cover me. My calculations were way out. Those Afghan gigantiums are way stronger than the 0.3% morphine that google told me. I was buying them by the box, 4 or 5 kg at a time, so I guess it all adds up somewhere, somehow. Maybe they meant 0.3% with seeds not removed yet, that would be 0.75% of a seedless pod. Nah, my brain is switched off, can't do the math.
If you feel relatively ok on sub thats good.Think in lower dose not over 4mg daily.(like patch).This patches for week maintenance are not too strong.With pod(for me)tolerance rise quickly...and pod that i find summer is weak., natural euphoria presents.Boupr.could not be the solution-its for rotating,substitution,stay on low and tappering.Chemical...long acting.shortterm solution somehow

How much were you taking?
I was prescribed 300mg x 3 per day. If I remember correctly, I had stopped using it for several months. When I discovered it was good for sleep, I think I was taking 900mg at bedtime. After a couple of days I became tolerant and it wasn’t knocking me out like I wanted but I was hesitant to take more, so I quit after the 4th night. I had felt the wd’s from Gabapentin before, so I knew what it was.

Definitely wd’s after 4 days of 900mg. Only lasted a day or so and they were very mild.

Gabapentin is prescribed for a long list of different ailments including depression and nerve pain. If you look up all of the various things that doctors prescribe it for, all over the world, that’s basically what you can expect to experience if you get hooked on it and try to quit (the list of stuff it’s prescribed for is the list of withdrawal symptoms)

Lyrica is basically Gabapentin’s older brother. My experience with Lyrica tolerance was unbelievable. 300 mg on Monday to sleep. 400-500 mg on Tuesday for the exact same effect. By Friday I needed more like 1 gram to do the same. And if I wanted to quit on Saturday, I would have to do a quick 3-day taper to avoid the wd symptoms that n3ophy7e described.

Cool thing about Gabapentin and Lyrica is that in proper dosage it REALLY knocks me out! About an hour after taking it I would be in the middle if a sentence and just zzzzzzzzxxxz. Out like a light and snoring for 8 hours. The only thing I didn’t like was that it leaves a sort of chemical taste in ny mouth the next day.

I was prescribed 300mg x 3 per day. If I remember correctly, I had stopped using it for several months. When I discovered it was good for sleep, I think I was taking 900mg at bedtime. After a couple of days I became tolerant and it wasn’t knocking me out like I wanted but I was hesitant to take more, so I quit after the 4th night. I had felt the wd’s from Gabapentin before, so I knew what it was.

Definitely wd’s after 4 days of 900mg. Only lasted a day or so and they were very mild.
Thanx, I really appreciate the information

Lyrica is basically Gabapentin’s older brother. My experience with Lyrica tolerance was unbelievable. 300 mg on Monday to sleep. 400-500 mg on Tuesday for the exact same effect. By Friday I needed more like 1 gram to do the same. And if I wanted to quit on Saturday, I would have to do a quick 3-day taper to avoid the wd symptoms that n3ophy7e described.

Cool thing about Gabapentin and Lyrica is that in proper dosage it REALLY knocks me out! About an hour after taking it I would be in the middle if a sentence and just zzzzzzzzxxxz. Out like a light and snoring for 8 hours. The only thing I didn’t like was that it leaves a sort of chemical taste in ny mouth the next day.
Yeah, that happened to me last night. Was 2nd day of oxy wd’s, and snorted 200mg, then took like 300 mg and hour later, and next thing I remember was sleeping in rocking chair waking up to music on cell phone Steve Miller "Fly like an Eagle" :)

Yes, benzo wd would be closer, it feels more electrickly spikey like that.
Opiate wd is complex though, it still throws up unexpected problems each time, but with the higher bupe dose I really shouldn't be getting wd symptoms and I'm feeling a lot better, just disappointed I didn't manage what I wanted, but it's not worth quitting bupe for tolerance benefits. I'm much more present in the room than a month or two ago and much more capable of organising christmas and the visitors and the trip at new year, so that's enough for now. If they tested my pee now the only illegal thing would be THC and noone really cares about that. :)
I'm gonna try and keep my gab usage at 600 mg until my refill on 10 day's. Really helpful with getting sleep. I have 100mg caps, so I'll taper.
Question: does gab potentate oxy? I've heard different opinions

I'm gonna try and keep my gab usage at 600 mg until my refill on 10 day's. Really helpful with getting sleep. I have 100mg caps, so I'll taper.
Question: does gab potentate oxy? I've heard different opinions
@Squeaky for the oxy question.
If it were me, I'd enjoy my oxy and save the gabs for when they run out.
Lol, spellcheck changed gabs to bags, I guess that's another suggestion, but not the one I'm recommending 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.