• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Things are not ok

Also, robbing someone no matter how much of a bad person they seem to be, seems like a horrible idea. Please do not do this. It will only end in heartbreak for all involved.

Yeh you are 100% right. That is not who I am at all. I was drunk and very down when I said that and this person who charges ridiculous prices even for Australian and doesn’t use drugs and has a really bad attitude.

And how hopeless I have been feeling with addiction lately in the heat of the moment it got me so mad. It shows how much its changing who I am I would never have even contemplated that a few months ago.

I get a really bad guilty conscious, I believe a lot In karma and if I did it would find it very difficult to live with causing harm physical or emotional to somebody.

So yeh I won’t be doing that. Thanks for your respnse. It does scare me though the lines I’ve been contemplating crossing that I alway said I never would do.

@Blankenstein man I am really scared for you, the path you're going down with your substance abuse. At the rate you're going, it is not going to end well :( And I really, really want to see you get through this unscathed <3 What's your plan to gain a bit more control on your substance use and general situation?

@Blankenstein man I am really scared for you, the path you're going down with your substance abuse. At the rate you're going, it is not going to end well :( And I really, really want to see you get through this unscathed <3 What's your plan to gain a bit more control on your substance use and general situation?
So everyone’s been telling me I’m going to OD and I’ve been saying it won’t happen to me and I have this superhuman tolerance to opiates (pharmaceuticals) and I wanted to shoot heroin and people on this site and people im friends with in the real world were pleading with me to not do it and I’m telling everyone im fine and it won’t happen to me.

So it did happen to me last night/Christmas night. I over dosed. I didn’t die, but I probably would have if I was by my self.

I had a point of what i was told was very strong. I met up after family christmas festivities with a very close friend. we were going to grab another .15g.

I took with me a fresh fit box, 2 naloxone nasal sprays and half way there realised I’d forgotten another injectable form of narcan. I said fuck it I won’t need it and kept going.

My very close friend who has been an IV user for years knew i was going to do this so said he would reluctantly show me how to do it safely.

We went through the procedures for using the narcan (he had another, so we had 3 nasal narcans in total). We wrote down the address of the unit so if I had to call an ambulance I would give an accurate address.

He tasted the heroin and said it tasted strong. We were trying to get more to pick up but said we would do a shot each before we went to get it. We dumped out 2/3s of the point. We drew up into our own syringes. I had slightly less than a third of the point in total.

As a reference for my tolerance in the space of 3 hours I had recently eaten x-amount so I told him I had a tolerance to opiates.

He found a vein, registered, i pushed the plunger and he asked how I felt. I said I don’t feel anything, because I here I am thinking I have a “superhuman tolerance”.

I felt a little warm then went blank… next thing I’m wide awake and he’s slapping me and screaming and sobbing. He thought he’d lost his best friend. He’d hit me with one narcan and nothing, then the second and I made a wheezing noise i think he said.

I got up and was saying “this must be a dream” repeatedly. Then realised it wasn’t and my best friend had saved my life.

If I hadn’t gone to meet him I was probably going to inject the same amount (probably more tbh) by myself Either that night or the next.

He had had his shot so was a little high, we discussed what happened and how he’s narcanned a few people and lost a couple of friends to overdose (not while he was present), but this one would have destroyed him.

One of the heaviest moments of my life…

So then we go buy more heroin…

but obviously we won’t use it unless we can find a pharmacy open on Christmas night at 10pm to buy narcan. We find one open and the dealer drives us across town and drops us there, but that pharmacy hasn’t signed up to the narcan program… and nowhere else is open. So we go back, but only to smoke some.

I smoke a little, but it’s a waste. So we inject it…

I miss a shot and my mate gets smashed and I end up sitting with him for hours into daylight to make sure he’s ok then when he’s ok I leave and I have checked on him several times through the day.

I still have a small amount left, which every logical cell in my body is telling me to flush, but yeh…

So that’s how my Christmas turned out. If only i listened to everyone on this site (and the friend who had to save my life) who told me not to do it, but hey I survived so maybe I can use this second chance to help someone struggling. I’m not sure, it’s still pretty raw and I’m processing what happened.

Last edited:
So everyone’s been telling me I’m going to OD and I’ve been saying it won’t happen to me and I have this superhuman tolerance to opiates (pharmaceuticals) and I wanted to shoot heroin and people on this site and people im friends with in the real world were pleading with me to not do it and I’m telling everyone im fine and it won’t happen to me.

So it did happen to me last night/Christmas night. I over dosed. I didn’t die, but I probably would have if I was by my self.

I had a point of what i was told was very strong. I met up after family christmas festivities with a very close friend. we were going to grab another .15g.

I took with me a fresh fit box, 2 naloxone nasal sprays and half way there realised I’d forgotten another injectable form of narcan. I said fuck it I won’t need it and kept going.

My very close friend who has been an IV user for years knew i was going to do this so said he would reluctantly show me how to do it safely.

We went through the procedures for using the narcan (he had another, so we had 3 nasal narcans in total). We wrote down the address of the unit so if I had to call an ambulance I would give an accurate address.

He tasted the heroin and said it tasted strong. We were trying to get more to pick up but said we would do a shot each before we went to get it. We dumped out 2/3s of the point. We drew up into our own syringes. I had slightly less than a third of the point in total.

As a reference for my tolerance in the space of 3 hours I had recently eaten x-amount so I told him I had a tolerance to opiates.

He found a vein, registered, i pushed the plunger and he asked how I felt. I said I don’t feel anything, because I here I am thinking I have a “superhuman tolerance”.

I felt a little warm then went blank… next thing I’m wide awake and he’s slapping me and screaming and sobbing. He thought he’d lost his best friend. He’d hit me with one narcan and nothing, then the second and I made a wheezing noise i think he said.

I got up and was saying “this must be a dream” repeatedly. Then realised it wasn’t and my best friend had saved my life.

If I hadn’t gone to meet him I was probably going to inject the same amount (probably more tbh) by myself Either that night or the next.

He had had his shot so was a little high, we discussed what happened and how he’s narcanned a few people and lost a couple of friends to overdose (not while he was present), but this one would have destroyed him.

One of the heaviest moments of my life…

So then we go buy more heroin…

but obviously we won’t use it unless we can find a pharmacy open on Christmas night at 10pm to buy narcan. We find one open and the dealer drives us across town and drops us there, but that pharmacy hasn’t signed up to the narcan program… and nowhere else is open. So we go back, but only to smoke some.

I smoke a little, but it’s a waste. So we inject it…

I miss a shot and my mate gets smashed and I end up sitting with him for hours into daylight to make sure he’s ok then when he’s ok I leave and I have checked on him several times through the day.

I still have a small amount left, which every logical cell in my body is telling me to flush, but yeh…

So that’s how my Christmas turned out. If only i listened to everyone on this site (and the friend who had to save my life) who told me not to do it, but hey I survived so maybe I can use this second chance to help someone struggling. I’m not sure, it’s still pretty raw and I’m processing what happened.
I am VERY VERY glad you're still with us dude. There are so many things there that are factors in whether you OD and survive, or not. If I was you I wouldn't go anywhere near the stuff until you feel a bit more contol over you're addiction. It is WAY too easy to take it just that liiiiiittle bit too far, and you're gone. And you should ALWAYS have naloxone on hand.

@Blankenstein How're you getting on, man?

I am not ok. I feel shit for posting here with no real question or no real advice to give to anyone else. I am seriously questioning my existence and don't know where else to turn. Do I want to die? Big question. On the fence about the answer

@Blankenstein How're you getting on, man?

I am not ok. I feel shit for posting here with no real question or no real advice to give to anyone else. I am seriously questioning my existence and don't know where else to turn. Do I want to die? Big question. On the fence about the answer
Thanks for asking Friend. Took a lot of tramadol and Valium.

I have good days and shit days. Sometimes I don’t see a point and other days I find beauty and purpose in many things, connection with other people, walking on the beach, cooking food and sharing it with friends, being there for friends that are struggling.

Today was ok i payed folf with a friend the I shared with about my recent OD and he had a bit of go at me. I know he’s coming from a place of love but he doesn’t understand addiction. So that put a bit of a dampener on the night.

What’s going on with you? Why are you feeling so down? What’s been going on? However you feel today you might feel completely different tomorrow. Don’t do anything dumb.

Feel free to send me a message if you want.

Are you using a lot? Relationship troubles? What’s going on? Thinking of you mate. Keep plugging away, things will get better!

Thanks for asking Friend. Took a lot of tramadol and Valium.

I have good days and shit days. Sometimes I don’t see a point and other days I find beauty and purpose in many things, connection with other people, walking on the beach, cooking food and sharing it with friends, being there for friends that are struggling.

Today was ok i payed folf with a friend the I shared with about my recent OD and he had a bit of go at me. I know he’s coming from a place of love but he doesn’t understand addiction. So that put a bit of a dampener on the night.

What’s going on with you? Why are you feeling so down? What’s been going on? However you feel today you might feel completely different tomorrow. Don’t do anything dumb.

Feel free to send me a message if you want.

Are you using a lot? Relationship troubles? What’s going on? Thinking of you mate. Keep plugging away, things will get better!

Hey man. Good to hear from you. Those swinging emotions are tough. Try to hold on to those small things hey? Connections and friends and food and walks mean so much more when you can stop, notice and appreciate them. Also I totally get that it can be shite when people don't understand. You open up and they just get angry but you're right that is usually because they care a lot. They are probably more scared for you than angry at you. I hope that won't stop you talking to him though?

I don't know what's going on with me. I think my mind is slipping. There's something intangible out there that I can't figure out, like reality is just a wavering projection on a waterfall. I can't connect. People don't get (a bit like addiction) that I see the world differently, that it crushes me, that it hurts to breathe, that there is always something in the corner of my eye. It's a mentally exhausting way to live.

As for relationship troubles, that's constant and complicated. I am currently single again but still totally hung up on a previous girlfriend. We hang out, we see each other all the time, we flirt and laugh and enjoy each others company and I get that she doesn't want to get serious again but it is fucking with my head.

I'm mostly just drowning myself in alcohol at the moment with a few small drug binges and a fair bit of weed. I ended up in A&E again a couple nights ago resulting in being under close watch by the "crisis" team but all they do is ring me every day to make sure I'm still alive and suggest having a bath and a cup of tea. I need to get the drinking under a bit more control. It makes me massively impulsive.

Things have got better before. There is beauty in the small things. I couldn't have better mates. They're my family and my lifeline. I'm just sick of this cycle.

otjeDragging this up again

In a really fucked up head space at the moment. Had a major drug binge/relapse at the beginning of the year. Wish i could say I was over that but I'm not. Still using, just not such crazy amounts. Relationships are fucked up and complicated. Hooked up with my ex last night, stayed the night at her place, got into a fight with her sister in the morning but its a weird friendship got chatting to her elderly neighbour who I was quite friendly with when I lived there while having an acute bought of psychosis... but he took me out for lunch today and gave me a talking to. Like, I respect him a lot, he;s had a past with drugs. He's like a strange odd father or grandfather figure. I felt shit and embarrassed when he asked if I was currently clean

This time last year I was freshly out of hospital after one of my longest ever stays and was all clean and sober and the world was my oyster, or so everyone said. Yet here I am again. No psychosis though but I'm going down the same path again as i always travel but I never get to any destination other than back where I started in a seemingly endless cycle.

Where do I go with this? There's so much pressure to get better, to live a proper life but really I'm just waiting for the moment where I fuck up to a point where it's not recoverable.

My neighbour said i should get some of this stuff out somewhere. Didn't know where else to turn. Maybe having a rant has helped. probably doesn't make much sense though. Sorry I'm noy asking a question or anything.I don't know what I need to do really

Well I only vaguely remember typing that out last night. Ended up getting absolutely trashed and called in sick to work today. I know no one really knows me here and I'm a sporadic poster with nothing of value to add and mostly whiny posts about, well, the above. Apologies for that. Just throwing out some thoughts to the vastness of the internet, I guess. I need to get my shit together some how.

Well I only vaguely remember typing that out last night. Ended up getting absolutely trashed and called in sick to work today. I know no one really knows me here and I'm a sporadic poster with nothing of value to add and mostly whiny posts about, well, the above. Apologies for that. Just throwing out some thoughts to the vastness of the internet, I guess. I need to get my shit together some how.
Never feel like you have nothing of value to add. You do. Your posts are sad and I hope you get better at some point soon.

Hang in there.

Your story and your posts are just as important and just as valued as everyone else's. Don't downplay your worth like that <3
What would getting help and "getting your shit together" look like for you? What have you done in the past?

I didn't really mean for that to sound as self-pitying as it did but thank you both @n3ophy7e and @Nurse Ratched

I'm not very good at explaining myself or asking for help. Usually I spiral downwards quickly and end up sectioned with help forced on me. When it's not my choice I will eventually accept that my only option is to do what people are telling me to do, but when it is my choice to step up and help myself I'll always choose to do the opposite. I've had all the therapy and mental health/drug services thrown at me. Maybe you guys are right and I really don't see my worth at all?

Getting my shit together would be some sort of stability within myself as well as with other people. I guess several friends getting engaged and succeeding with life stuff lately hasn't helped with that feeling of being left behind or the odd one out. I wish I knew how to make the right decisions and wonder why I can't appear to tell the difference and why I have no drive to be that better person.

I didn't really mean for that to sound as self-pitying as it did but thank you both @n3ophy7e and @Nurse Ratched

I'm not very good at explaining myself or asking for help. Usually I spiral downwards quickly and end up sectioned with help forced on me. When it's not my choice I will eventually accept that my only option is to do what people are telling me to do, but when it is my choice to step up and help myself I'll always choose to do the opposite. I've had all the therapy and mental health/drug services thrown at me. Maybe you guys are right and I really don't see my worth at all?

Getting my shit together would be some sort of stability within myself as well as with other people. I guess several friends getting engaged and succeeding with life stuff lately hasn't helped with that feeling of being left behind or the odd one out. I wish I knew how to make the right decisions and wonder why I can't appear to tell the difference and why I have no drive to be that better person.
Man, I know what it is like being the "odd one out" so you are not alone in that respect. I've watched pretty much all of my old friends get married, be successful in careers, have kids, all of it. Here I am still single, shitty jobs, mentally disabled, with no real prospects. One thing I quit doing is I quit comparing myself to other people as well as to quit giving a shit what I thought people think about me. In the end I realized my old friends are so busy doing all of the above that they prolly don't think about me anyways.

One piece of advice, you may want to avoid attending your high school reunions unless you want to be reminded of all that. lol. Or you may say fuck it and not care. I went to my 20 year reunion a few years ago and didn't really care what people thought, then again, I didn't really tell anyone what was going on in my personal life. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't triggered by seeing how well everyone else was doing. YMMV

Thanks, man. I know I'm not alone but it can be a very lonely feeling to have none the less. Not giving a shit is much easier said than done. Saying that I don't give a fuck what the people that don't matter think of me and cut most of them from my life a long time ago, it's the ones that do matter whose opinions play on my mind and I see where they're at in their lives every day and how happy they are for the most part. I don't know why, maybe some weird dreams or something, but I woke up the other day with the depressing realisation that I'm 34 and don't have a career, don't have kids, don't have a family life, don't really have any useful skills or hobbies or desires and apart from one, haven't had any proper long term relationships. My life has never been "normal" in comparison to others though so I don't know why I'm thinking I should be at a certain point in it now.

Fuck man, school reunions have got to be one of the worst things people do to themselves. I'd be the last person you'll ever find at a reunion. I don't even know if they're really a thing over here. Unfortunately I still see enough of the cunts from my school days without wanting to. Lots of them still live around here and they like to remind me that I'm still the mentally unstable junkie I was back then. People are shit, it's hard not to compare.

Thanks, man. I know I'm not alone but it can be a very lonely feeling to have none the less. Not giving a shit is much easier said than done. Saying that I don't give a fuck what the people that don't matter think of me and cut most of them from my life a long time ago, it's the ones that do matter whose opinions play on my mind and I see where they're at in their lives every day and how happy they are for the most part. I don't know why, maybe some weird dreams or something, but I woke up the other day with the depressing realisation that I'm 34 and don't have a career, don't have kids, don't have a family life, don't really have any useful skills or hobbies or desires and apart from one, haven't had any proper long term relationships. My life has never been "normal" in comparison to others though so I don't know why I'm thinking I should be at a certain point in it now.

Fuck man, school reunions have got to be one of the worst things people do to themselves. I'd be the last person you'll ever find at a reunion. I don't even know if they're really a thing over here. Unfortunately I still see enough of the cunts from my school days without wanting to. Lots of them still live around here and they like to remind me that I'm still the mentally unstable junkie I was back then. People are shit, it's hard not to compare.
All good points. I will add that it is prolly easier for me to not give a shit because I'm medicated on anti-psychotic/mood stabilizers, which pretty much blunt my emotions anyways. Not saying that's what you need, just putting it into the context of how I'm able to do it.

I'm on those too. They don't blunt my emotions enough or maybe they do and that's why I end up in this drug cycle of wanting to feel something.

I've been doing a lot of thinking today. I'm gonna try and knock some of this shit on the head, open up to some people, maybe reconnect with this NA kinda group I was part of before.

So I'm really fucking drunk right now. Quit the oxys after the last post but can't seem to cope without copious amounts of booze instead now. Life fucking sucks. What is the point
I've been there. Many times. I swear it can get better, but that's hard to see where you're at right now.

Hang on. Keep talking. Try to associate with positive people. Try to sober up a little bit.
It helps to be able to think clearly. As long as you are still breathing, there is hope.

Keep us posted.
❤ ❤ ❤

I've been there. Many times. I swear it can get better, but that's hard to see where you're at right now.

Hang on. Keep talking. Try to associate with positive people. Try to sober up a little bit.
It helps to be able to think clearly. As long as you are still breathing, there is hope.

Keep us posted.
❤ ❤ ❤

Thanks man, I really appreciate the words of wisdom

It can get better and it does get better but then it gets worse and it gets better and it gets worse etc etc etc

I very nearly caved and scored the other day. Didn't and still haven't but I'm not managing to stay sober. I'll cave eventually. I'm not even going out tonight just avoiding everyone because the temptation will be too much or I'll get too many questions. Maybe i don't have the right people around me

Messaged a load of mates tonight but no one is replying. everyone's sick of me

Breathing feel heavy and hopeless