• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Tinnitus from covid booster, possibly due to lack of injection aspiration?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Stats emerging from countries that specify needle aspiration are beginning to clearly show reduced levels of myocarditis in vaccinated individuals than countries that stipulate no aspiration (no idea why they'd stipulate such a thing).

When I got my first two pfizer shots the were given by a Dr and a good strong aspirate was performed, vacuum in the needle barrel etc before injection.

An uppity nurse did the booster/3rd shot and despite agreeing to aspirate she only pretended to (I watched her, she didn't pull back the plunger at all), then injected.

I now have tinnitus.

Myocardities I understand, if you inject into a vessel going to the heart it renders greater exposure to cardiac muscle thus that ailment (presumably the vaccine causes inflammation).

Tinnitus..... could be associated with inflammation around cochlear nerves?

But do blood vessels flow directly through the ear or how would one explain the physiological mechanism of covid vaccine induced tinnitus?

I'm still exploring the basis of neural well being relative to outlook/thought-process.

Attitude basically.

I found this comment interesting and accurate in relation to how drug intervention can assist with evolution of said attitude (thought-process).

Ketamine seems to be helping me but I am following a strict regimen for thought reorganization with cognitive behavioral therapy before and after. After close to two years of feeling quite desperate, I see the light at the end of the tunnel, even on the loudest days.

Only taking Ketamine won’t likely help, although some sessions the tinnitus does go down, others it stays the same. For me the main benefit is in it becoming less reactive. Less catastrophic thinking and other thought distortions that amplify the tinnitus. I’ve also found the Curable app to be very helpful as an adjunct to Ketamine treatment.

Ketamine is not a magic bullet. It’s critical to do the work, set meaningful intentions and integrate after. This said, it has been an enormous benefit to me both with tinnitus and lifelong mood disorder.

It's a facilitator of thought development.

But perhaps the true determinant of long term neural well being (and potential amelioration of neural conditions), is in fact thought-evolution and the associated improvement in mood, neural well being and neural function?

Aspirating a sub-1mL IM injection is not neccessary and doing so (or not doing so) is not going to cause tinnitus.

The sheer number of flu, Tdap, COVID, etc. vaccines, all biologic drugs, etc. given by IM should surely provide a clear dataset showing one way or the other.

Aspirating a sub-1mL IM injection is not neccessary and doing so (or not doing so) is not going to cause tinnitus.

The sheer number of flu, Tdap, COVID, etc. vaccines, all biologic drugs, etc. given by IM should surely provide a clear dataset showing one way or the other.

Assuming that the IM becomes IV inadvertently, curious how sub-1 ml would be a factor in it not potentially causing tinnitus?

There are emergent case reports of tinnitus to the point it's been listed as a potential (rare) side effect with J&J.

However it's unclear whether this is a subjective response, or a result of inadvertent IV injection via lack of aspiration.

But in any case, scientific clarity on how this would NOT be responsible for tinnitus, despite the potential mistake of performing an IV injection?

The thinking behind it causing tinnitus is the vaccine (and virus itself) causes an inflammatory immune response, which is intended to stay local in the deltoid.

Should it become systemic by way of IV administration, the inflammatory response may affect physiology distal to the injection site, such as auditory nerves (resulting in tinnitus), or some speculate heart muscle (myocarditis).

I've had tinnitus my whole life and experienced an increase of tinnitus following the vaccine. I also experienced it during and after covid itself. In both cases it went back to normal within a couple weeks.

My guess would be it's related to the immune response in both cases. It's not some scary permanent side effect the antivaxx fearmongers might yell about.

It's not related to improper IM injection or myocarditis... getting the flu also worsens my tinnitus temporarily, as does many drugs, alcohol, high blood pressure, stress, certain foods, etc.

Last edited:
I've had tinnitus my whole life and experienced an increase of tinnitus following the vaccine. I also experienced it during and after covid itself. In both cases it went back to normal within a couple weeks.

My guess would be it's related to the immune response in both cases. It's not some scary permanent side effect the antivaxx fearmongers might yell about.

It's not related to improper IM injection or myocarditis... getting the flu also worsens my tinnitus temporarily, as does many drugs, alcohol, high blood pressure, stress, certain foods, etc.

Unfortunately it's been almost 1 year since the vaccine dose that gave me tinnitus.

It was the third dose that caused it.

First two doses were all good, no tinnitus.
Third dose, later that night the ringing in my right ear became apparent.

Doesn't seem like it's temporary.

It's entirely possible you've maybe always had it and are now hyper aware of it. I've noticed this with my own. I sometimes become hyperaware of it and it bothers me, other times I go weeks or months without noticing it (but it's always there). I was born with it. There are a plethora of causes and things that exacerbate it.

For me, it went back to normal after 2 weeks post 3rd vaccine. I also didn't notice it with the first 2 doses. When I had covid it was way worse than what the vaccine did.

It's entirely possible you've maybe always had it and are now hyper aware of it. I've noticed this with my own. I sometimes become hyperaware of it and it bothers me, other times I go weeks or months without noticing it (but it's always there). I was born with it. There are a plethora of causes and things that exacerbate it.

For me, it went back to normal after 2 weeks post 3rd vaccine. I also didn't notice it with the first 2 doses. When I had covid it was way worse than what the vaccine did.

^^ And even after you got it from covid itself, it resolved without any intervention, just resolved in time?

The thinking seems to be that covid related side effects like this are vascular/blood-flow related.

This being attributable to micro clots potentially?
Something to do with the covid spike protein attacking the "skin" of cells, "epithelial" cells, causing inflammation and micro-clotting response.

Relative to tinnitus, as I understand it can be attributable to auditory related blood vessel constriction therefore auditory nerve inhibition - causing the "feedback loop" that generates the sustained ringing sound characterizing tinnitus.

Covid also causes other nerve related disorders such as brain fog, chronic fatigue, etc.

So it's also possible it attacks/damages the nerve complex itself resulting tinnitus?

The ringing sound however is generated from the auditory cortex:

areas-human-brain.jpg

Point being in terms of treating or alleviating it - how or why does it naturally resolve in some people with time as with Snafu, where it remains or is indefinite in others such as myself?

I developed a syndrome resembling vestibular neuritis after my second COVID shot, lasted for months, symptoms consisting of mild to moderate vertigo.

I developed a syndrome resembling vestibular neuritis after my second COVID shot, lasted for months, symptoms consisting of mild to moderate vertigo.
I experienced something odd like that as well after my 2nd shot of moderna. For a couple of weeks I had very strange instances of vertigo, but it only lasted half a second, almost like a brain zap, but was a very brief sensation of total dizziness.

Happened randomly maybe a dozen times in total (wasn't too concerning because it was so infrequent and stopped after maybe 3 weeks), honestly blamed alcohol and other substances for awhile, until you mentioned also having it in a different thread.

I did not experience it with my 3rd shot, and have not had it again after it stopped.

To be specific I recieved my first two shots within the recommended time frame, 3 months or so (I don't even remember). My 3rd shot was quite late and maybe 10 months after my 2nd shot.

Last edited:
You should look into herbal medicine that affects microcirculation within the ear. It may not be a brain problem, it could be an ear problem.

And just because the injection was IM'd properly, doesn't mean none of it went systemic. The Pfizer clinical data from Japan that was obtained through a lengthy FOI battle shows that there are signals in most of the major organs and the reproductive system within hours of injection.

The vials of vaccine have widely varying concentrations of MRNA. It's because the manufacturing process was not refined, which normally takes years. In the rotating vat of MRNA solution, lipid nanoparticles float to the surface so that when the vat is drained, the vials from the lower fraction of the vat have a lower concentration than the final fraction that has more of the lipid nanoparticles.

People receiving the higher concentration are having way more ADRs. So it may not have been the injection technique, it might have been the specific lot number you received. There are websites now where lot numbers are reported by people who had side effects, and you can cross-reference your lot number with those records to see if there's a relationship.

You should look into herbal medicine that affects microcirculation within the ear. It may not be a brain problem, it could be an ear problem.

And just because the injection was IM'd properly, doesn't mean none of it went systemic. The Pfizer clinical data from Japan that was obtained through a lengthy FOI battle shows that there are signals in most of the major organs and the reproductive system within hours of injection.

The vials of vaccine have widely varying concentrations of MRNA. It's because the manufacturing process was not refined, which normally takes years. In the rotating vat of MRNA solution, lipid nanoparticles float to the surface so that when the vat is drained, the vials from the lower fraction of the vat have a lower concentration than the final fraction that has more of the lipid nanoparticles.

People receiving the higher concentration are having way more ADRs. So it may not have been the injection technique, it might have been the specific lot number you received. There are websites now where lot numbers are reported by people who had side effects, and you can cross-reference your lot number with those records to see if there's a relationship.
Sources for this?

I suspect both my ears started to distort in the high frequencies after I got my 3rd Pfizer booster. The other two were Astrazenica shots. They didn't cause me any problems with distortion. But my third shot may have contributed. My left ear is a fucking mess. My right ear isn't too crash-hot either. If this gets any worse I am going to end up in the psych ward. I am already considering going there voluntarily, sooner or later, because I am starting to question my entire existence, and the last time I did that I made an attempt on my life.

I don't want to do this. This time it would be lethal because I am a lot smarter than I was when I made my second attempt.

I am afraid that this is how this epic saga will end. I've had hearing problems since 2020. Back then I told both my father and stepmother that I would end it if I lost my hearing. Well, I guess I may as well have lost it because female voices all have a buzz when they raise their pitch. Most instruments, even bass instruments with their high-frequency harmonics can set it off. It loves to jingle jangle chhhhrrrr bzzzzzz tzzzzz the whole fucking time I am listening to violins or trumpets and other high pitched instruments. Not to mention I also have tympanic membrane flutters when I hear certain bass sounds. It's just getting worse and worse. I'm afraid it's been a long day and, at some point, I'm going to have to make that call.

I am not sure where to go now. I feel this is going to end badly. Not for me, because I'll go peacefully since I know a much nicer way to take care of business than hanging or jumping off a bridge. It's the rest of my family that I'm concerned about. Well, my sisters sold off nan's house and they got close to $700k for it. Ok, so we get a third of that each, plus a bit more because of her investments that probably got liquidated, at least $100k there...so it's a lot of money we're talking about. I get to go out on my terms because I can't live with this. My sisters will get half each, close to $400k. They will get a really really nice downpayment on a house...and if the market keeps tanking like I think it will, they might even end up with enough money to buy one outright. Nan will probably live to 102+. She is a tough old bird.

So, ladies and gentlemen, is $400k each for one sis and the other a good deal or not?

I suspect both my ears started to distort in the high frequencies after I got my 3rd Pfizer booster. The other two were Astrazenica shots. They didn't cause me any problems with distortion. But my third shot may have contributed. My left ear is a fucking mess. My right ear isn't too crash-hot either. If this gets any worse I am going to end up in the psych ward. I am already considering going there voluntarily, sooner or later, because I am starting to question my entire existence, and the last time I did that I made an attempt on my life.

I don't want to do this. This time it would be lethal because I am a lot smarter than I was when I made my second attempt.

I am afraid that this is how this epic saga will end. I've had hearing problems since 2020. Back then I told both my father and stepmother that I would end it if I lost my hearing. Well, I guess I may as well have lost it because female voices all have a buzz when they raise their pitch. Most instruments, even bass instruments with their high-frequency harmonics can set it off. It loves to jingle jangle chhhhrrrr bzzzzzz tzzzzz the whole fucking time I am listening to violins or trumpets and other high pitched instruments. Not to mention I also have tympanic membrane flutters when I hear certain bass sounds. It's just getting worse and worse. I'm afraid it's been a long day and, at some point, I'm going to have to make that call.

I am not sure where to go now. I feel this is going to end badly. Not for me, because I'll go peacefully since I know a much nicer way to take care of business than hanging or jumping off a bridge. It's the rest of my family that I'm concerned about. Well, my sisters sold off nan's house and they got close to $700k for it. Ok, so we get a third of that each, plus a bit more because of her investments that probably got liquidated, at least $100k there...so it's a lot of money we're talking about. I get to go out on my terms because I can't live with this. My sisters will get half each, close to $400k. They will get a really really nice downpayment on a house...and if the market keeps tanking like I think it will, they might even end up with enough money to buy one outright. Nan will probably live to 102+. She is a tough old bird.

So, ladies and gentlemen, is $400k each for one sis and the other a good deal or not?

How did you acquire initial hearing difficulties in 2020?

And they were exacerbated by the third covid booster (how I got tinnitus also, third shot).

Stories like this are not uncommon on tinnitus talk, very difficult condition to manage emotionally.

Just out of curiosity, what treatments have you tried?

Cognitive behavior therapy? (i.e. our actions are determined by emotion, the emotion tinnitus induces can become unmanageable).

I personally doubt at this stage it is attributable to micro clots in auditory blood vessels.
I had d-dimer checked and it was in normal range, in addition to being 1 year out and my leading a healthy lifestyle.

To me any potential clots would have been alleviated or at least impacted at this stage.

But there has been no change in the tinnitus tone or severity.

Issues come ultimately from the auditory cortex in the brain, covid/spike-protein etc. have proven to impact neural function in other capacities - brain fog, fatigue, etc.

The mechanism of neural damage? No idea but say there were an invention to increase/improve neural integrity, I suspect it would go a long way to alleviating many covid related side-effects/issues.

I personally doubt at this stage it is attributable to micro clots in auditory blood vessels.
I had d-dimer checked and it was in normal range, in addition to being 1 year out and my leading a healthy lifestyle.

To me any potential clots would have been alleviated or at least impacted at this stage.

But there has been no change in the tinnitus tone or severity.

Issues come ultimately from the auditory cortex in the brain, covid/spike-protein etc. have proven to impact neural function in other capacities - brain fog, fatigue, etc.

The mechanism of neural damage? No idea but say there were an invention to increase/improve neural integrity, I suspect it would go a long way to alleviating many covid related side-effects/issues.

D-dimer is only elevated in the first week or so. After that it's not because the clots have already formed. But if you don't think it's clot related then that's fine. If your tinnitus is due to brain damage then only time will tell if it'll heal (6 months to 1 year for MTBI).

D-dimer is only elevated in the first week or so. After that it's not because the clots have already formed. But if you don't think it's clot related then that's fine. If your tinnitus is due to brain damage then only time will tell if it'll heal (6 months to 1 year for MTBI).

Well, that's my uneducated guess/opinion.

But the thinking behind blood thinning (circulation) is, live/eat healthy and it should assist?

I mean I don't know what it is of course, I've been using dietary anti-inflammatories like turmeric - nothing doing.

Has there been anyone respond to circulation enhancers in treating covid associated tinnitus?

How did you acquire initial hearing difficulties in 2020?

And they were exacerbated by the third covid booster (how I got tinnitus also, third shot).

Stories like this are not uncommon on tinnitus talk, very difficult condition to manage emotionally.

Just out of curiosity, what treatments have you tried?

Cognitive behavior therapy? (i.e. our actions are determined by emotion, the emotion tinnitus induces can become unmanageable).

Mine started with random dizzy spells that lasted between 20 seconds and a couple of minutes or so. That was right at the end of February 2020 and this continued for a month with these happening a couple of times a day for a week or so then getting more and more frequent but less intense and shorter (say 10 seconds or so).

Then I noticed these weird sounds in my right ear throughout May 2020. It would often go "zing" and it was very faint and I could barely hear it, but I didn't know what these sounds were. I only noticed it at night for the most part. I never noticed it in most situations. It was so faint that you had to listen for it. It went away after a couple of weeks. Only happened a few times a day, mostly at night.

Then on the morning of the 26th of June 2020, I woke up partially deaf in my right ear. I could still hear something but there was some sort of dysacusis in just the right ear. A woman's voice would create a "double" sound with a medium-pitched "flute" that sounded every time that woman spoke. Eg. the O in hello would create the flute sound. Some of the vowels did the same thing. The deafness eventually subsided in a week or so. My memory is so shit these days but if I can recall the stupid doctor at the hospital that I presented to would not give me steroids and gave me useless ear drops instead.

Luckily everything recovered to normal...or so I thought. 6 months later, on December 21, around lunchtime, whilst I was sitting at the computer, I suddenly felt a strange sensation on the right side of my head that almost induced panic and I couldn't help but notice a change in aural perception. I rubbed my right ear to "check" if it was still OK, and sure enough, this motherfucking cunt called SSHL was back. Sure enough, the right ear started ringing, around 1kHz. Tinnitus. This time I knew it was going to be permanent but I hit it SUPER hard with steroids (prednisolone). I also experienced the exact same dysacusis I experienced in June. But this time it took 6 weeks to go back to normal. The tinnitus persists. Over time it has gotten better, but it's still there and sometimes comes back a bit, but nowhere near as bad as in 2020-2021. Before the SSHL in December I had experienced several SBUTTs, all low frequency like "Woooooommmmmmm". Occasionally I would get it several times a day. I also had random "jolts" to the head with a ring sound that went away in like a split second. I got concerned about these especially. I got one particularly bad one in November 2020 and thought to myself "fuck this, I need to go to bed and lie down".

Then in April 2021, the exact same thing that happened in December happened again. This time I didn't wait 4 hours as I did in December. This time I hit it with steroids PLUS pentoxifylline AND antivirals (valacyclovir). I hit it HARD. Steroids for 3 days, then tapered. Antivirals for a week and pentoxifylline for a few days. This time the strange dysacusis went away three days after the onset. I considered that a roaring success.

So. Everything is fine, am I right? Am I wrong? Wrong. Of course, I was wrong LOL.

July 2021, I notice a "whooom whoooooom whooooommmmm" sound that seemed to "ride" my own voice in my left ear. I noticed it in the car with my social worker. I said to my social worker "oh God fuck not this fucking thing again". He sympathized since he knew what I went through the year before. I had been suicidal for weeks because of what happened in June 2020 with the stupid doctor. Could I ever trust doctors again? I still don't trust them to this day. Anyway, whilst on the phone about a sleep study, I still had that "wooommmmm woooommmmmmm" sound when I heard the voice on the phone, as well as when I spoke. I hit it with steroids super fucking hard because I knew what this probably meant. The next night the left ear was ringing, it was a very high-pitched sound. I was on steroids for 3 days and the same way I did in April. The ringing eventually went away but persisted at a very low level. Whilst playing music I noticed some mild distortion at very high frequencies, but it all went away within a week.

August 2021, I am laying in bed before getting up for work, and I notice that suddenly there is an "ooooo" in my left ear. When I spoke it was like "oOOOo" and would return to an "ooooo". Again, hit it super fucking hard with steroids, the same regimen as in April and July. For a few months, there was a faint high-pitched "eeeee" in my left ear when I rubbed my right ear but not my left. What the fuck? I thought to myself, what the fuck is this, my left ear making a sound while rubbing my right ear? How fucking weird! It eventually went away by the end of the year.

November 2021, I woke up in the middle of the night with the existing tinnitus in my right ear much louder. So I took one high dose of steroids, valium, pentoxifylline, and a double dose of antivirals. In the morning I woke up and it was gone. Throughout December 2021 I had quite a few SBUTTs in my left ear. I knew that something was up because this was weird, why would I suddenly start getting these SBUTTs when for a month or so I was not getting them?

January 2022. This is where I super seriously fucked up. On the 3rd of January, after a late post-Xmas get-together at my aunts, it's around 9 pm or so and I am sitting in front of the TV at my grandad's place when all of a sudden I notice a faint really high-pitched ringing sound in my left ear. Just another SBUTT, don't worry, it'll go away in a few seconds. Well, I had hoped this was another SBUTT. But oh no, God no, fuck no, this was NOT just another SBUTT. I thought to myself "God you're a fucking cuntfaced slutfucker, leave me alone or I'll send a nuke into outer space and blow your fucking ass up". This ringing just kept getting louder and louder, over a couple of minutes. Then the level stabilized. This time I hit it with a single high dose of steroids, some pentoxifylline, and antivirals, and in addition to this, I also hit it with Valium 10mg and Klonopin 1mg. Woke up the next morning and the tinnitus was mostly gone, I rubbed my left ear to "test" it. Just a high-pitched sea-shell noise that dissipated in a couple of seconds. I took no further steroids and I suspect this could be why the hearing in my left ear is still experiencing these weird sounds that overlap other very high-pitched sounds. I should have kept taking the damn things for like a week or so. I had this high-pitched seashell noise that would only happen if I was in a car or somewhere where there was some noise, and I took off my noise-canceling headphones for a couple of minutes and then put them back on, I would hear this high-pitched hiss sound that went away after 2 to 5 seconds. This went on for a couple of months before subsiding, but it didn't bother me because it seems there was no distortion. Or was there? I won't ever know.

But then I had the COVID Pfizer booster in February. A few days later whilst in the bathroom, I suddenly get a really high-pitched "pinnnnnnnnng" sound in my left ear that just seemed like another SBUTT, but the onset was instant, like a literal ping. I thought nothing of it because it was gone in a couple of seconds or so, so I wrote it off. Then later on I noticed that when I jiggled something with a bell on it, I would get a "ting" sound. This is where something really put the damage on. I didn't think too much of it, and I should have taken it very seriously. Later I noticed a distortion in that ear that, as far as I can tell, persists to this day. I kept hoping for some kind of resolution to this. In late May I took a course of steroids. In July I took another course. That, of course, did absolutely sweet fuck all. I thought to myself "you're a fucking dumb cunt, you know that, you're a fucking idiot". I bet if I had done this back in January and again, right after I experienced that "pinnnnnnnnng" sound in the bathroom, I would be in a different place right now.

But I didn't. And now I am looking at the possibility of a termination. No, no, no, this is not abortion. I'm talking about suicide. In all honesty, how I got things right, up until that momentous fuck-up in January and February and I should never of got that poisonous fucking Pfizer shit, I knew deep down it was dangerous because it was mRNA and I didn't really trust it, so I went against my better judgment and took the shot because I was so worried that my granddad wouldn't let me come down because he bought the fucking bullshit that the vaccines stopped transmission - which I knew was wrong. I should of lied and said I got the shot and just not gotten this stupid fucking poison injected into me.

Anyway, it's either because of what happened on the 3rd of January or that "pinnnnng" sound a few days after the Pfizer shot. That's what fucked my left ear, I just know it.

In all sincere honesty, I deserve to die, and I hope I do. I would love no more than for some random drunkard psycho to bash my skull in with a socket wrench in a street somewhere. Because that is, honest to God, that is what I deserve. And if that doesn't happen I'll do it to myself some other way. I still wonder if I have that vinylbital left, I went through everything trying to find the stuff back in June and could not for the life of me find it. I think I lost it in the move from my old crappy mobile "home" to my new apartment. It's more lethal than the pentobarbital I was going to use on myself back in 2020 - if you'd read that old thread you'd know that I had barbiturates and I was about to slam 18g of the stuff. But after my hearing fully recovered that stuff went straight into the toilet bowl. My hearing was fully restored and perfect after that hell, so I had no reason to terminate my existence.

So...now my hearing is ruined in my left ear, and now recently noticed a higher-pitched distortion in my right ear too. It's not quite as bothersome as the left but it's still there and I would rather it be gone.

I was going to give this say 2 years to get better...but I wonder if I'll just be waiting for nothing.

This will end tragically. Music is everything to me. Literally everything to me. If that is ruined forever then sadly, it will be to terminate. I don't want to die, but I can't ever see myself living with something like this forever. It just is not possible. So termination it is. I say the same word for suicide as I say for abortion because life is intentionally taken in both cases but in both cases, it's perfectly legal to do so, and as far as I'm concerned it's entirely and utterly justified. Nobody tells me what I can and cannot do with my own body. And I extend that right to everyone else and respect their opinions and choices. If they choose to get an abortion or neck themselves, then that is their private business and is of no concern to me.

Last edited:
Tinnitus from the shots can happen but it's very rare. Something like 0.038% of 2.5 million people had this as a side effect.
I wondered of it myself, as I developed tinnitus 10 days after my 2nd pfizer shot. But given it was that long after, I don't think it's very likely.
I already have bad tinnitus, and got my booster awhile back and nothing really changed.

Tinnitus is very common with the medications used against covid though, they're extremely ototoxic.

Mine started with random dizzy spells that lasted between 20 seconds and a couple of minutes or so. That was right at the end of February 2020 and this continued for a month with these happening a couple of times a day for a week or so then getting more and more frequent but less intense and shorter (say 10 seconds or so).

Then I noticed these weird sounds in my right ear throughout May 2020. It would often go "zing" and it was very faint and I could barely hear it, but I didn't know what these sounds were. I only noticed it at night for the most part. I never noticed it in most situations. It was so faint that you had to listen for it. It went away after a couple of weeks. Only happened a few times a day, mostly at night.

Then on the morning of the 26th of June 2020, I woke up partially deaf in my right ear. I could still hear something but there was some sort of dysacusis in just the right ear. A woman's voice would create a "double" sound with a medium-pitched "flute" that sounded every time that woman spoke. Eg. the O in hello would create the flute sound. Some of the vowels did the same thing. The deafness eventually subsided in a week or so. My memory is so shit these days but if I can recall the stupid doctor at the hospital that I presented to would not give me steroids and gave me useless ear drops instead.

Luckily everything recovered to normal...or so I thought. 6 months later, on December 21, around lunchtime, whilst I was sitting at the computer, I suddenly felt a strange sensation on the right side of my head that almost induced panic and I couldn't help but notice a change in aural perception. I rubbed my right ear to "check" if it was still OK, and sure enough, this motherfucking cunt called SSHL was back. Sure enough, the right ear started ringing, around 1kHz. Tinnitus. This time I knew it was going to be permanent but I hit it SUPER hard with steroids (prednisolone). I also experienced the exact same dysacusis I experienced in June. But this time it took 6 weeks to go back to normal. The tinnitus persists. Over time it has gotten better, but it's still there and sometimes comes back a bit, but nowhere near as bad as in 2020-2021. Before the SSHL in December I had experienced several SBUTTs, all low frequency like "Woooooommmmmmm". Occasionally I would get it several times a day. I also had random "jolts" to the head with a ring sound that went away in like a split second. I got concerned about these especially. I got one particularly bad one in November 2020 and thought to myself "fuck this, I need to go to bed and lie down".

Then in April 2021, the exact same thing that happened in December happened again. This time I didn't wait 4 hours as I did in December. This time I hit it with steroids PLUS pentoxifylline AND antivirals (valacyclovir). I hit it HARD. Steroids for 3 days, then tapered. Antivirals for a week and pentoxifylline for a few days. This time the strange dysacusis went away three days after the onset. I considered that a roaring success.

So. Everything is fine, am I right? Am I wrong? Wrong. Of course, I was wrong LOL.

July 2021, I notice a "whooom whoooooom whooooommmmm" sound that seemed to "ride" my own voice in my left ear. I noticed it in the car with my social worker. I said to my social worker "oh God fuck not this fucking thing again". He sympathized since he knew what I went through the year before. I had been suicidal for weeks because of what happened in June 2020 with the stupid doctor. Could I ever trust doctors again? I still don't trust them to this day. Anyway, whilst on the phone about a sleep study, I still had that "wooommmmm woooommmmmmm" sound when I heard the voice on the phone, as well as when I spoke. I hit it with steroids super fucking hard because I knew what this probably meant. The next night the left ear was ringing, it was a very high-pitched sound. I was on steroids for 3 days and the same way I did in April. The ringing eventually went away but persisted at a very low level. Whilst playing music I noticed some mild distortion at very high frequencies, but it all went away within a week.

August 2021, I am laying in bed before getting up for work, and I notice that suddenly there is an "ooooo" in my left ear. When I spoke it was like "oOOOo" and would return to an "ooooo". Again, hit it super fucking hard with steroids, the same regimen as in April and July. For a few months, there was a faint high-pitched "eeeee" in my left ear when I rubbed my right ear but not my left. What the fuck? I thought to myself, what the fuck is this, my left ear making a sound while rubbing my right ear? How fucking weird! It eventually went away by the end of the year.

November 2021, I woke up in the middle of the night with the existing tinnitus in my right ear much louder. So I took one high dose of steroids, valium, pentoxifylline, and a double dose of antivirals. In the morning I woke up and it was gone. Throughout December 2021 I had quite a few SBUTTs in my left ear. I knew that something was up because this was weird, why would I suddenly start getting these SBUTTs when for a month or so I was not getting them?

January 2022. This is where I super seriously fucked up. On the 3rd of January, after a late post-Xmas get-together at my aunts, it's around 9 pm or so and I am sitting in front of the TV at my grandad's place when all of a sudden I notice a faint really high-pitched ringing sound in my left ear. Just another SBUTT, don't worry, it'll go away in a few seconds. Well, I had hoped this was another SBUTT. But oh no, God no, fuck no, this was NOT just another SBUTT. I thought to myself "God you're a fucking cuntfaced slutfucker, leave me alone or I'll send a nuke into outer space and blow your fucking ass up". This ringing just kept getting louder and louder, over a couple of minutes. Then the level stabilized. This time I hit it with a single high dose of steroids, some pentoxifylline, and antivirals, and in addition to this, I also hit it with Valium 10mg and Klonopin 1mg. Woke up the next morning and the tinnitus was mostly gone, I rubbed my left ear to "test" it. Just a high-pitched sea-shell noise that dissipated in a couple of seconds. I took no further steroids and I suspect this could be why the hearing in my left ear is still experiencing these weird sounds that overlap other very high-pitched sounds. I should have kept taking the damn things for like a week or so. I had this high-pitched seashell noise that would only happen if I was in a car or somewhere where there was some noise, and I took off my noise-canceling headphones for a couple of minutes and then put them back on, I would hear this high-pitched hiss sound that went away after 2 to 5 seconds. This went on for a couple of months before subsiding, but it didn't bother me because it seems there was no distortion. Or was there? I won't ever know.

But then I had the COVID Pfizer booster in February. A few days later whilst in the bathroom, I suddenly get a really high-pitched "pinnnnnnnnng" sound in my left ear that just seemed like another SBUTT, but the onset was instant, like a literal ping. I thought nothing of it because it was gone in a couple of seconds or so, so I wrote it off. Then later on I noticed that when I jiggled something with a bell on it, I would get a "ting" sound. This is where something really put the damage on. I didn't think too much of it, and I should have taken it very seriously. Later I noticed a distortion in that ear that, as far as I can tell, persists to this day. I kept hoping for some kind of resolution to this. In late May I took a course of steroids. In July I took another course. That, of course, did absolutely sweet fuck all. I thought to myself "you're a fucking dumb cunt, you know that, you're a fucking idiot". I bet if I had done this back in January and again, right after I experienced that "pinnnnnnnnng" sound in the bathroom, I would be in a different place right now.

But I didn't. And now I am looking at the possibility of a termination. No, no, no, this is not abortion. I'm talking about suicide. In all honesty, how I got things right, up until that momentous fuck-up in January and February and I should never of got that poisonous fucking Pfizer shit, I knew deep down it was dangerous because it was mRNA and I didn't really trust it, so I went against my better judgment and took the shot because I was so worried that my granddad wouldn't let me come down because he bought the fucking bullshit that the vaccines stopped transmission - which I knew was wrong. I should of lied and said I got the shot and just not gotten this stupid fucking poison injected into me.

Anyway, it's either because of what happened on the 3rd of January or that "pinnnnng" sound a few days after the Pfizer shot. That's what fucked my left ear, I just know it.

In all sincere honesty, I deserve to die, and I hope I do. I would love no more than for some random drunkard psycho to bash my skull in with a socket wrench in a street somewhere. Because that is, honest to God, that is what I deserve. And if that doesn't happen I'll do it to myself some other way. I still wonder if I have that vinylbital left, I went through everything trying to find the stuff back in June and could not for the life of me find it. I think I lost it in the move from my old crappy mobile "home" to my new apartment. It's more lethal than the pentobarbital I was going to use on myself back in 2020 - if you'd read that old thread you'd know that I had barbiturates and I was about to slam 18g of the stuff. But after my hearing fully recovered that stuff went straight into the toilet bowl. My hearing was fully restored and perfect after that hell, so I had no reason to terminate my existence.

So...now my hearing is ruined in my left ear, and now recently noticed a higher-pitched distortion in my right ear too. It's not quite as bothersome as the left but it's still there and I would rather it be gone.

I was going to give this say 2 years to get better...but I wonder if I'll just be waiting for nothing.

This will end tragically. Music is everything to me. Literally everything to me. If that is ruined forever then sadly, it will be to terminate. I don't want to die, but I can't ever see myself living with something like this forever. It just is not possible. So termination it is. I say the same word for suicide as I say for abortion because life is intentionally taken in both cases but in both cases, it's perfectly legal to do so, and as far as I'm concerned it's entirely and utterly justified. Nobody tells me what I can and cannot do with my own body. And I extend that right to everyone else and respect their opinions and choices. If they choose to get an abortion or neck themselves, then that is their private business and is of no concern to me.

I have to ask, the steroids are cortico steroids, is that correct?

Did you inject them or use them orally, and they must have been prescribed or did you just have some lying around purchased from the internet somewhere?

I had read immediate administration of steroids can treat sudden emergence of tinnitus. They didn't offer them to me when I went to the emergency room but even still I was hesitant to request them as they're known to significantly impact bone density.

I've had issues with that in the past so am always reluctant to use cortico steroids, in addition to my thought at the time, my tinnitus might just resolve itself.

But one year on it's exactly the same level/pitch/loudness etc.

In your case may I ask have you had an MRI?
A triage nurse said I'm on the waiting list for that just to rule out those possibilities as a cause.

If you hadn't used the steroids and anti-virals, do you think those sudden-onset bouts of tinnitus you experienced could have faded on their own, or reduced in intensity as they did?

The fact that yours got better in the past is encouraging.
Mine is one side only but it hasn't faded or improved, at all, over the length of a year.

I also have a very low tolerance to anything remotely psychoactive, or any drugs at all, which means I can't try conventional anti-inflammatories such as curcumin, ginko-biloba, etc. Apparently they're good for circulation and potential alleviation of spike-protein induced inflammation and associated tinnitus.

For me I'm essentially using cognitive-behavior-therapy and, although it doesn't treat the tinnitus, it basically distracts me such I don't notice it as acutely as I would otherwise.