View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tips and tricks for filling balloons from a nitrous TANK

lolwaut

Greenlighter
I was wondering if there are any tips to quickly fill balloons from a nitrous tank. When I'm at festivals I see guys loading balloon after balloon very quickly. Obviously, they are more experienced than I am. I have a regular nitrous tank used for street racing. I was wondering if there is some type of attachment or something I can screw onto the valve to make blowing up balloons a quicker process. This is what it looks like:

DEI120060.jpg

The threaded valve on the right is where the pressurized nitrous is released. Currently, I have to stretch a balloon over this, which is cumbersome because it is pretty wide. This makes it difficult to fill balloons quickly. Is there an attachment of some kind that makes this a quicker and easier process?

yeah, i thought about that, but im not sure if the size is the same for helium tanks. in fact, i have two different nitrous tanks and both of them have different size fittings. additionally, i dont think ive seen people using those when filling balloons off a tank.... soooo, whats the trick?

Check this site out, it's about the "Nitrous Mafia", a real organization.

The Nitrous Oxide Mafia Is Real: Balloons, Money, and Murder

I think that you could attach a hose to your valve (possibly a hose that has a larger opening on one end than the other, depending on the size of your valve opening, so you can attach one end to the valve), and then the balloons would be easy to get over the hose. Plus the hose would absorb a lot of the pressure coming out...
This shit is FOR REAL! I was threatened by these fucks for telling them to keep there tanks away from our car & camp site, because we were being raided by authorities the whole weekend thinkn that WE had THEIR tanks! They threatened me with death in front of security, police & about 50 other people! They dont give a shit about authorities & often pay them off to get out of trouble or to get tanks into a venue! They drove all the way from Philly to Indio, CA for Festival 8, with 40 cars & unknown amounts of crew. They had 2800 pounds confiscated from them on the way to the show, and god only knows how much AT the show! Security was working non stop to stop these guys & we saw many of them arrested multiple times throughout the weekend!! They go to jail get bailed out by higher ups & then they continue about their shady death dealing! These p.o.s. are for real, they will stab any competition, take their shit & profit off it! They have killed multiple people on the east coast & at least one person I know about personally, on the west coast! I used to think this was a joke, just some bullshit stories, The Philly Nitrous Mafia is FOR REAL & THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO TAKE OVER OUR SCENE!! LETS PUT AN END TO THIS SHIT FOR GOOD BY NOT DOING NITROUS. IF NO ONE BUYS IT, THEY CANT SELL IT!!
Lol, I always assumed there was an organized "Mafia" behind these guys bringing tank after tank into events.

Last edited:
The rubber valve for a helium tank would work perfect, you will possibly have to find some threading adapters to get it to fit or whatever (depending on the size of the tank)

In fact, I bet you could buy all sorts of sizes of them.

All it is a a somewhat conical shape piece of rubber and inside it is a part where the metal valves touches rubber and wont let air out , when you bend the rubber valve it removes the contact allowing air through. (or something like that)

Ill bet that if you took the top piece of your tank (the valve or whatever) to a plumbing supplies store and just looked arround eventually you could build something for cheap that would work, probably not as good as something made for it though....

I'm fairly sure inhaling automotive grade nitrous is a terrible idea. From what I gather you need at least food grade nitrous to consider actually using it.

I'm fairly sure inhaling automotive grade nitrous is a terrible idea. From what I gather you need at least food grade nitrous to consider actually using it.

You are right and I can't believe someone didn't mention this earlier.

Automotive grade nitrous contains an additive, (sulfur, I think) and IS NOT SAFE FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION.

Do NOT use it!!

I was under the impression that the TANK is a normal car nitrous tank that had been emptied, cleaned and filled with food grade nitrous.

I thought it was such common knowledge as well thats why I didnt even think to advise about the dangers of inhaling auto grade nitrous

of course im not huffing auto-grade nitrous. im getting the tanks filled with clean gas. i was just hoping someone experienced with unloading balloons from a tank would have some advice.

I bet those guys you see filling mad balloons at festivals are part of the nitrous mafia or whatever.... some shady shit. I thought it was bullshit, but have been hearing lots more about these fuckers who litterally sneak in TRUCK LOADS of TANKS of nitrous into festivals

Check this site out, it's about the "Nitrous Mafia", a real organization.

The Nitrous Oxide Mafia Is Real: Balloons, Money, and Murder

I think that you could attach a hose to your valve (possibly a hose that has a larger opening on one end than the other, depending on the size of your valve opening, so you can attach one end to the valve), and then the balloons would be easy to get over the hose. Plus the hose would absorb a lot of the pressure coming out...

Lol, I always assumed there was an organized "Mafia" behind these guys bringing tank after tank into events.

Never thought I would see drug gangs getting in on whip-its!

I bet those guys you see filling mad balloons at festivals are part of the nitrous mafia or whatever.... some shady shit. I thought it was bullshit, but have been hearing lots more about these fuckers who litterally sneak in TRUCK LOADS of TANKS of nitrous into festivals

sounds like an urban myth, but who knows. what I do know is that I wouldn't mind running into said truck load of nitrous tanks (1 tank will do nicely actually).

who am I kidding I'd settle for a balloon.