View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

To wash or not to wash ketamine

TageMyBoy

Bluelighter
Would it be worth it to wash a gram of some decent ketamine? Not sure about the exact purity but .15 grams seems to get someone with no tolerance pretty fucked up. Don't have much knowledge about how to wash and living space is limited with no access to a private outdoor area. Would you guys suggest trying to wash or just letting it be? And do you have any particular methods to suggest? Main reason to wash would be just to reduce the amount of powder you have to insufflate and mitigate any sinus damage. Thanks!

Main reason to wash would be just to reduce the amount of powder you have to insufflate
You won't achieve that though... 150mg nasal sounds about normal for ketamine.

i have run into stuff that takes 300mg+ to even feel buzzed. or stuff that you cant even get more than 100mg up there before it plugs you up and was still not very good quality.

what would be the standard teq/method of washing if you know its cut decently heavy?
iso? ethyl alcohol? naptha? ammonia? heptane?

Last edited:
I've got no idea how to wash ketamine.

Fastandbulbous has posted some tutorials for washing speed/coke before, I think. Maybe he would know, if he's still around.

There were rumours in the UK that the ketamine was cut with MSG a couple of years back.

best to do a liquid liquid acid/base extraction with solvent nonmiscible with water. if you really want to get out most impurities you may have with different ionizability

If you have no clue what's in the ketamine an acid base extraction is the way to go.

Otherwise you can pick a solvent ketamine HCl is not soluble in but your impurity is. Probably something like anhydrous acetone or chloroform/dichloromethane.

acetone sounds easy enough. just run it though a coffee filter or what?