• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Trimethoxymethamphetamine

My guess is that if it did anything, it would be a crappy stimulant.

My guess would be a psychedelic with increased adrenergic side-effects (inferring from subjective reports of n-methyl-DOM). The thing is, the TMAs are far less potent than the DOXs to begin with, so the decrease in affinity for 5ht2a would likely render n-methyl-TMAs unworkably weak.

ebola

Most likely just a lower electronegativity.

It should also make for an utterly whopping ring which would probably not fit SERT anything like MDMA does.

2C-Ts work because the bulk doesn't matter so much, but the MD end is much more important for releasers.

^Indeed,

If you think a single sulfur can create a thiophene ring which can mimic properties of a benzene ring (due to it's size) - the sulfur version of 6-apb is actually more like Naphthylaminopropane http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naphthylaminopropane

...so if you have two sulfurs (i.e sulfur version on MDMA) it's going to be even bigger. Didn't shulgin discuss this compound in pihkal also (hypothetically that is)?

Blowjay said:
I wonder what sulfur would do in place of the oxygens in MDMA or MDA?
Most likely just a lower electronegativity.

It's bigger, obviously, and the electronic configuration is different. I'd put money on it being less active, but until someone makes it, we'll never know.

Thanks for all the answers and input, for my final question I would like to ask what having another NH2 would do on 2C-E. Been wondering about that for a while, would be on the farthest ethyl carbon so as to make it a mirror image. Any guesses towards this would be cool to hear.

Apparently the addition of a polar group at the 4 position greatly reduces the effects of phenethylamines.

I googled “2,5-dimethoxy-4-ethylamine phenethylamine” (incorrect nomenclature, I know) and this was one of the first results:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...this-substituted-phenethylamine-varient-exist

I wonder what putting a methyl on one of the nitrogens would do to it as well?

I was going to start asking last time I posted in this thread about swapping out the oxygens in MDMA with nitrogens but didn't really get much further than that because the bonding would leave some room for some messing around with the molecule, could extend some chains off of the nitrogens even which would further complicate things and I don't know enough about this to know what is outrageous to think of or not. Seeing as sulfur is too big nitrogen would be smaller and would allow branching off of it, any guesses towards that type of thing are appreciated too, just thinking about shit.