• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Combat UFC Thread 2022 v. Engard

there's some killer fights on now - live from england so the main event fights are now

it's on ESPN+

:rockon:

Last edited:
I dont follow ufc but how in the hell are the Logan brothers fighting there?
How am I just seeing this thread?

Man, fuck the Paul brothers. They aren't fighting in the UFC, they've been fighting ex-UFC fighters. Well Logan fought a much smaller Mayweather but Jake fought Ben Askren and Tyron Woodley, both of them wrestlers. I don't even like talking about it. They are getting a lot of attention being bullies by boxing people who A) aren't even boxers and B) are in lower weight classes. We should reopen this conversation when and if these shithead brothers fight actual boxers in their own respective weight classes. Until then, it's all hype and nothing more.

Well the only good thing coming from these exhibition fights is that it has exposed the UFC as a promotion that hugely underpays it's fighters. Unlike boxing where fighters rake in millions upon millions per fight, the UFC pays waaaaayyy less. That's why it has attracted former UFC and MMA fighters to get knocked tf out for giant paydays, because UFC doesn't pay shit.

Back OT, my favorite UFC fighter right now is Charles "Do Bronx' Oliveira. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu phenom, he has a very well rounded striking game with hands and feet as well. But his submissions are not to be taken for granted.

I guess since my background is in grappling, I always cheer for the BJJers and wrestlers. But mostly the jiu jitsu artists. I'd rather see someone get choked out or submitted than knocked out with strikes :slapping:

the girls sure have gotten really good - they used to be awful to watch - now i look forward to every fight they have

@Jerry Atrick did you watch the fights on Saturday? they were really good.....that Aspinall kid is really good

the girls sure have gotten really good - they used to be awful to watch - now i look forward to every fight they have

@Jerry Atrick did you watch the fights on Saturday? they were really good.....that Aspinall kid is really good
+1 for the ladies. IIRC Ronda Rousey was one of the first to dominate, then came Holly Holm and Thug Rose and the newer generation of Shevchenko, Mackenzie Dern, Juliana Pena. and others I know I'm missing.

Did not watch the recent fights. Anymore I only catch them a few times a year when my friend's wife lets me come over and watch on their big screen. Stopped going to bars. We found it cheaper to buy the PPV outright than sit there for 3 hours guzzling beer at retail prices.

+1 for the ladies. IIRC Ronda Rousey was one of the first to dominate, then came Holly Holm and Thug Rose and the newer generation of Shevchenko, Mackenzie Dern, Juliana Pena. and others I know I'm missing.

Did not watch the recent fights. Anymore I only catch them a few times a year when my friend's wife lets me come over and watch on their big screen. Stopped going to bars. We found it cheaper to buy the PPV outright than sit there for 3 hours guzzling beer at retail prices.

that was a freebee if you had ESPN+ on saturday - no PPV

Saturday's upcoming UFC is just on regular ESPN - so another freebee as long as you have ESPN - 13 fights scheduled for that one

Man i'll tell ya what - i can't even imagine Shevchenko losing to somebody - she's ridiculously tough - she's probably gonna end undefeated

the girls really have come a long way - i love watching them now

that was a freebee if you had ESPN+ on saturday - no PPV

Saturday's upcoming UFC is just on regular ESPN - so another freebee as long as you have ESPN - 13 fights scheduled for that one

Man i'll tell ya what - i can't even imagine Shevchenko losing to somebody - she's ridiculously tough - she's probably gonna end undefeated

the girls really have come a long way - i love watching them now
Thanks for the hot tip! I have regular ESPN but no +

some great fights so far

im telling ya - these girls are easily some of the best fights sometimes
I didn't get a chance to watch the prelims but thoroughly enjoyed watching Alexa Grasso submit her opponent with a rear naked choke.

That Bam Bam vs Mike Brown fight was a banger. I'm surprised they could both stand after that epic brawl.

Gonna be another good card this weekend. I think there are a couple of belts on the line but I'm most pumped about Burns vs Chimaev. That and Mackenzie Dern BJJer is fighting a girl with a wrestling background.

burns-vs-chimaev.jpg

Heads up! Oliveira vs Gaethje. Title defense for Oliveira, should be good one. Also, Thug Rose has a fight that night. That and Tony Ferguson vs Michael Chandler should be entertaining.

oliveira-vs-gaethje2.jpg

Last edited:
Heads up! Oliveira vs Gaethje. Title defense for Oliveira, should be good one. Also, Thug Rose has a fight that night. That and Tony Ferguson vs Michael Chandler should be entertaining.

oliveira-vs-gaethje2.jpg
Welp! So Oliveira missed weight by half a pound. Rumors on Twitter are that the scales in back were accurate but the "official" scale in front may have been off a little bit.

This means he is being stripped of his title before the fight even starts. If Gaethje wins, he will get the belt obviously. If Oliveira wins, the title will be vacated and he will become the number 1 contender and have to fight someone else at a later date to win the title back. Sounds pretty fucked up all the way around :(

Reactions: CFC
I love UFC. But my reasons aren't entirely those of the purist, and I do confess to totally objectifying the gentlemen involved and being biased on the basis of complex factors other than skill. Still, each to their own and whatnot ;)

I love UFC. But my reasons aren't entirely those of the purist, and I do confess to totally objectifying the gentlemen involved and being biased on the basis of complex factors other than skill. Still, each to their own and whatnot ;)
No worries, bro. I used to work with a girl who was a huge Green Bay Packers fan for no other reason than she liked Brett Favre's apparently shapely hind end.

• Haha
Reactions: CFC