• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Used way too much water in my cold water extraction. Should I bin it?

Preytor

Bluelighter
Did my first cwe and hadn't read that you're supposed to be using very little liquid so the paracetamol doesn't dissolve in it.

Ended up using way too much water, like 600ml for 12 pops of Panamol which is 500mg paracetamol and 7.46mg dihydrocodeine tartrate per tablet(so 6000mg paracetamol and 89.52mg dihydrocodeine in total).

My question is, should I just throw the mixture away? I was planning on taking that whole dosage throughout the day, but reading through the guide has kinda threw me off the idea cause there could be too much paracetamol left in the 600ml I'd be drinking.

You could dry it all off and try again, but if the stuff is easy enough to get I’d toss it.

-GC

Yeah I would recommend tossing this down the sink and doing another if you can get more tablets. That's a dangerous amount of paracetamol. You could divide it into 3 doses and take those on separate days, but ofc there wouldn't be much DHC.

You could dry it all off and try again, but if the stuff is easy enough to get I’d toss it.

-GC
Yeah I would recommend tossing this down the sink and doing another if you can get more tablets. That's a dangerous amount of paracetamol. You could divide it into 3 doses and take those on separate days, but ofc there wouldn't be much DHC.
Alright, will probably chuck it or put to the side and use small quantities of it for extracting the rest of pills I got.

Either of you have experience with the specific brand? Did another extraction with new water and pills, and the final product remains very cloudy(did it to the point where the top and sides was frozen so the paracetamol in theory should have frozen also.) Is this fine?

Yup, with paramol the solution stays cloudy cos of a coating on the pills, this used to put me off using them, BUT as an experiment you can put the pills I'm cold water and swill them around a little but to wash off the shiny coating. This should make your final solution a lot clearer. You only need to do it for a few seconds then throw that water away and start again with the uncoated pills. Good luck.

Yup, with paramol the solution stays cloudy cos of a coating on the pills, this used to put me off using them, BUT as an experiment you can put the pills I'm cold water and swill them around a little but to wash off the shiny coating. This should make your final solution a lot clearer. You only need to do it for a few seconds then throw that water away and start again with the uncoated pills. Good luck.
Legend

I always used coffee temperature water to dissolve them faster, then there it in the freezer for 20 mins and use more than 2 coffee filters. 2, or less filters leaves it cloudy. More seems to be clear ..

I always used coffee temperature water to dissolve them faster, then there it in the freezer for 20 mins and use more than 2 coffee filters. 2, or less filters leaves it cloudy. More seems to be clear ..
I tend to use 2 filters, but 1 is enough tbh. only problem is if it tears.
IME it's best to start with 100ml cold water and let the pills melt in that in the fridge over a couple of hours.
But if you're in a hurry, hot water is ok as long as you make sure to get it properly cold for long enough for the paracetamol to "crash" out of the solution before filtering

Problem with the hot water method is you’re more likely to pull along acetaminophen. While a lot will crash out during the freeze precipitation, not all. I’m willing to bet if analyzed side by side, the cold method probably works better.

-GC

Problem with paracetamol is that there are paracetamol formulations coming in form of “fuzzy tablets” (idk how it’s called in English) and when you dissolve it stays dissolved (for a long time).

So when you do cwe or hwe and use it for multi-substance formulation and pills with binders (and that’s always) it’s best to use bare minimum of water.

Problem with the hot water method is you’re more likely to pull along acetaminophen. While a lot will crash out during the freeze precipitation, not all. I’m willing to bet if analyzed side by side, the cold method probably works better.

-GC
You could be right @G_Chem but I hear of people swearing by the hot water then chill method for speed. I thought at a particular temp, it wasn't possible to hold any more apap than it did, regardless of what temp it was before.
I know very little about chemistry though, and tbh using cold water throughout the process seems to yield a clearer final solution. You could be right. Don't think it'll end up being a harmful amount, but if I'm ever doing it in a hurry I'll just crush the Cocos in future.

You could be right @G_Chem but I hear of people swearing by the hot water then chill method for speed. I thought at a particular temp, it wasn't possible to hold any more apap than it did, regardless of what temp it was before.
I know very little about chemistry though, and tbh using cold water throughout the process seems to yield a clearer final solution. You could be right. Don't think it'll end up being a harmful amount, but if I'm ever doing it in a hurry I'll just crush the Cocos in future.

For speed yes. And honestly we are probably talking maybe a 10%, if at most 20% difference in total APAP. But if you’re anal about your drugs like me that’s enough.

It all comes down to the fact once you’ve saturated that solution, unless you do multiple precipitations you’ll have some remaining in the solution. Nearly every substance I’ve seen precipitated, there’s usually some leftover if one were to then evaporate off the solvent. That’s why when looking to precipitate everything, people will evaporate some solvent after precipitation to concentrate the solution some more to help push out more of whatever substance.

Probably not an issue if someone is doing this infrequently but if someone is using a lot each day. I’d recommend the slower method, keep it cold.

-GC