• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Valium 10mg question

RT_4

Bluelighter
Very niche question. But i’ve been using valium and xanax for a little while now. Say I only took 10mg once a week of valium when needed, would the fact i’m spacing out my dosages and not using daily mean I could use it for longer term. A few months perhaps. I’m going through a pretty rough time with anxiety at the moment. Some tasks are too nerve racking but I need to get them done. So I take a benzo and problem solved. I will be using them recreationally as well but I just was wondering because I can’t seem to get any advice online and I don’t want to damage my brain. Does spacing out dosages make a difference. Like will it not alter my brain chemistry if im spacing out my dosages. Or should i really only keep it to a few weeks of usage. Really need some advice because my anxiety is getting bad, but I want to stay safe at the same time.

that's pretty tame. I wouldn't expect much anything really happening in given timeframe.

that's pretty tame. I wouldn't expect much anything really happening in given timeframe.
yeah i guess that isn’t too bad. So what would happen if i used like once a week for like 6 months for example. Would i develop any kind of dependance? I really have very little knowledge. Sorry these questions are very niche, but I just want to be safe about these things aha

I would suspect that you would be at risk of becoming dependent taking diazepam every week for half a year...it'll become part of your routine and then your in for more than you bargained for....believe me I understand....I have an incredibly hard time falling asleep without them but if I could sleep like a normal human I would not touch any Benzodiazepines whatsoever....they are miraculous but also a double edged sword.
If you are able to manage without them you're better off and your future self will thank you.

IME, at least with drugs that last in your system for a while, you will slowly start to get the beginnings of addiction which will make it very hard to keep to weekends. Even if you can keep to weekends, the bad effects/withdrawal will start to color your whole week.

Good news? That does take a long time. Months for sure. That can be addressed by taking months long breaks every 3-6 months.

I spent my entire 30's doing that. I was taking college courses associated with my job and I would party hearty on weekends for a semester or two and then get "on the wagon" for a semester or two and take a couple classes. Loved it, I called it the best of both worlds.

This alter ur brain chemistry offcourse...even if u skip up doses...med.got very long actin' metabolits....and u became more proned to addiction

Use as needed and getting your meds from a legitimate pharmacy this in my opinion is sustainable.
Now when the doses start going up to cover any tolerance issues this may play out the devil in this saga.
But you already skip doses... I do this at times and it helps somewhat with control/impulsiveness and maybe a lot with tolerance building.
Not a doc of any kind just from my own experience(s).
Keep this mindset.
If there comes a time you need to drop anything do it in increments (taper off).
Best always
Really need some advice because my anxiety is getting bad, but I want to stay safe at the same time.
You have means to calm tf down. If it is at this stage take your med.
These are prescribed medications, correct?

i took between 10 and 20 mg of valium for a few years about once a week with zero negative side effects - no physical addictions at all - i did forget some things tho that happened during that time period that ppl remind me about....but nothing important tho

i feel like it did a lot of good for me - i'll give you an example of something that i noticed: prior to taking them, for whatever reason, i was getting a bit panicky during a drive to and from work, over an overpass exit from a highway that was really high up and then turned and then kinda came down - and that stopped happening after popping about the same amount as you're talking and in the same manner

i think once a week is definitely the way to go - for me anyway....i love valium - i think it's great :)