• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Very unnerving coffee side effects

there are alternative adenosine receptor allosteric modulators, like theacrine. caffeine is sort of hardcore drug as anti-adenosine-agent
Hmm, first time ive heard of theacrine. Just read that its found in kucha plant and its used in chinese tea. Interesting, though im not much of a tea guy. If anything im more into drinking british spiced tea than oriental ones, since i dont expect to get a solid stimulant effect from a cup of tea.

I love chai tea 🍵 specially with fresh spices (vs teabags) but that is based off green or black tea and thus contains ordinary caffeine.

Am interested in caffeine alternatives as well. But I never got withdrawal from caffeine besides tiredness. Maybe I won't respond to analogues as well.

BTW, I read that when you wake up there is very little adenosine around and it accumulates as one becomes tired. So caffeine should have little effect in the morning without tolerance. Where does then the jitteryness come from?

I dont have a solid knowledge base on stimulants. I only ever got to use coffee, and the other ones i know of im afraid to try, cause like i said I did have my period of being addicted to coffee, so im severely hesitant to try any new one.
And the sandy eyes effect that coffee ocassionaly gives me is very very weird. Its a recent thing. Maybe its cause im drinking espresso capsules and not filter coffee anymore, so its more concentrated idk. I only thank god it never lasts more than a couple of hours when it happens.

BTW, I read that when you wake up there is very little adenosine around and it accumulates as one becomes tired. So caffeine should have little effect in the morning without tolerance. Where does then the jitteryness come from?
yeah, it makes no sense. I guess that possibly adenosine receptors can fire also without presence of adenosine
Also I think caffeine has minor affinities to other receptors than A-types, but last time I tried to check evidence, I found nothing

yeah, it makes no sense. I guess that possibly adenosine receptors can fire also without presence of adenosine
Also I think caffeine has minor affinities to other receptors than A-types, but last time I tried to check evidence, I found nothing
Always remarkable how even widely used psychoactive substances still carry so many question marks.

Yeah, reasonable that A1 has baseline activity which is potentiated by caffeine.

i sometimes wonder if i sleep longer because of coffee. like my heart beating faster during the day tires me out and i need more sleep, or i fall asleep with coffee in my system and my heart is still beating fast so it's not as quality of sleep. i still drink it because it makes me feel good and i like the taste and it's easier not to eat as much.

i sometimes wonder if i sleep longer because of coffee. like my heart beating faster during the day tires me out and i need more sleep, or i fall asleep with coffee in my system and my heart is still beating fast so it's not as quality of sleep. i still drink it because it makes me feel good and i like the taste and it's easier not to eat as much.
Can't comment on caffeine alone but I doubt that one will sleep longer due to caffeine, back in the day I was on DXM+methylphenidate and drank three to four cups of coffee a day, that mix was a hella lot of a stimulant, increased bpm by quite a bit but I still slept normally.

This mix sounds a bit stupid by now but it was the only time when I was able to keep a stressful job for two years.

You're not wrong, sorta. A short burst of caffeine can help some people fall asleep, later on, likely due to adenosine rebound effects.