• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Vivitrol is a nightmare

mrgibbs

Greenlighter
Anyone else ever been forced to take the shot? I had no intention of doing it this way, but due to not having insurance it was the only option they gave me at detox before sending me home. They had me on suboxone will in there and it was helping so much, then without any detox of the subs they shot me up with Vivitrol and it put me into precipitated withdrawal. It's day 28 and I still cannot get high on clean/test/strong #4 - via sniffing.

Frustrating to say the least

Anyone else ever been forced to take the shot? I had no intention of doing it this way, but due to not having insurance it was the only option they gave me at detox before sending me home. They had me on suboxone will in there and it was helping so much, then without any detox of the subs they shot me up with Vivitrol and it put me into precipitated withdrawal. It's day 28 and I still cannot get high on clean/test/strong #4 - via sniffing.

Frustrating to say the least

I tried again about 9-10 hours after my last dose, around 75mg of fent free #4. Definitely feeling it more now, maybe I spoke too soon in my previous post. Still feels very blunted and maybe about 35% of the actual high. Pupils pinned,warm chest/stomach and some euphoria though limited. Itching is there as well though also not as pronounced as it would be. I would be lying if I said I wasn't feeling good, however I'm too nervous to push it any further. Though I think this is a good sign that within the next few days it will be out of my system if my reaction is already changing. What's weird is I can almost feel the vititrol battling it out with the heroin in my head, I'll have phases of feeling the heroin decently then out of no where it will feel like I'm back on full vivitrol again.

Yeah dude that's incredibly irresponsible of them to shoot you with vivitrol after weeks on sub like that. I'd be straight litigious.

Yeah dude that's incredibly irresponsible of them to shoot you with vivitrol after weeks on sub like that. I'd be straight litigious.

Right? They gave me some medications to go home with to help with the withdrawal, but why do it in the first place? Everyone I've talked to has said it's insane they did it and that even in the pamphlet for the drug itself it says to have 7 - 10 days clean. The other thing is it was apart of a study, so I'm wondering if they are desperate for patients to use in it. Super fucking irresponsible and cruel.

Right? They gave me some medications to go home with to help with the withdrawal, but why do it in the first place? Everyone I've talked to has said it's insane they did it and that even in the pamphlet for the drug itself it says to have 7 - 10 days clean. The other thing is it was apart of a study, so I'm wondering if they are desperate for patients to use in it. Super fucking irresponsible and cruel.
That’s fucking crazy. I’ve been on methadone for years and I’m doing real well, have a real job first time in my life.

This naltrexone shit freaks me out in general ppl being encouraged to use it over more effective evidence based treatments like buprenorphine/methadone, feels like it’s motivated by these puritanical beliefs about what being ‘really clean’ is.