• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 409: Minimalism

Please vote for your favorite submission!

• 1. F.U.B.A.R.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. MsDiz

• 3. Littana

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 4. Xorkoth

• 5. Cheshire_Kat

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 6. SnafuInTheVoid

• 7. chinup

• 8. bongdong

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • 9. BK38

• 10. ControlDaddy

• 11. mal3volent

• 12. blistersinthedark

• 13. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 14. Wizard of the Creek

• 15. negrogesic

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • 16. cduggles

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like, has anyone ever ponderd, how much of a difference the forum color style one has chosen makes, in regard to the perception of a photograph here? I think it's huge! It could potentially accentuate/complement or basically 'break' an image. Imagine a photo with a monochromatic harmony that happens to fights the e.g. eye-cancer baby-blue scheme. 🤯

That's an interesting point, it's never occurred to me but you're probably right, at least to some extent. It may not be "huge", but it almost certainly does have some sort of impact.

And @Xorkoth has yet jerked another swell of photos out of you guys! 😅 I suspect there is some subliminal programming going on! (Investigation pending!

It's because you're all just figments of my imagination. ;)

Since i see that you can add something to your title if you win this, if I win I'd like the following addition. But would i be allowed 🤔

Or would it be a bit too confusing 🤔

Perhaps "Residental Composer"

Probably too confusing. =D Also we try to make it something related to the theme but it's a bit loose. It used to be a set title chosen beforehand but I like it better to let people choose their own.

Anyway I'm gonna give it until the end of the weekend I think.

Anyone reading this who hasn't entered, don't be shy! Submit something! It makes it more fun the more submissions there are. :)

PXL-20210415-131726171.jpg

Saw this today. Felt like going for a walk but city says FUCK YOU

The weird part is this was in am exclusively residential area...

Last edited:
Okay tomorrow morning I shall close submissions and open voting! So you guys have ONE MORE NIGHT to get in any last-minute submissions!

@F.U.B.A.R. Thank you. It’s the shoulder and arm of a man. Using the minimal outlines and shape to suggest the human form.

Beautiful cdugs! I love it. Glad I waited to close this down but I should be doing that this evening. Work is super busy and I have to make some chicken and corn chowder and finish work first.

I'm not sure what you mean by "label" it? I don't see it as being too minimal though! It fits the theme perfectly and is a beautiful photo. :)

We always end up with more than it seems to me that we have. Which is awesome! I have put up the entries in the first post. There were many multiple submissions so I used my best judgment, but I'm giving everyone a day to correct me if they wanted a different entry to be their official entry, before I make the poll.

@F.U.B.A.R. @MsDiz @Littana @SnafuInTheVoid @chinup @bongdong @BK38 @ControlDaddy @mal3volent

(I didn't @ you if you only submitted one)

No poll yet, I'm giving everyone a day to check the first post to make sure I put the photos they want as their entries in there.

im happy with my pic even tho im obviously not going to win

I really want a custom title though :(