• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

She plunged silently into terrifying hypotheses, surfacing with difficulty, but feeling more reassured about things.

Well,buyed yesterday second hand for 1 euro "Golgota"by Chinghis Aitmatov...later realize,that we have the book,but never matter.Don't remember to have been read this book

Continuing my venture into PKD’s work, I am reading ‘Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?’.

I was reading this book by Marcel Proust called "The Captive"...it was a book from my grandfather's book collection, I picked it up randomly and thought, hmm, Proust huh, I've heard of this guy, maybe it'll be good...I got 300 pages into it before I just had to stop. I don't like abandoning books after that much commitment but I just couldn't take it anymore. It was just a really weird book that felt completely directionless...I read a bit more about Proust's work on Wiki and apparently "The Captive" is just one "chapter" in a huge magnum opus that Proust wrote called "Remembrance of Things Past", all of which feature the same unnamed narrator and all of them seemingly devoid of any plot/narrative/story arc. Instead what you're treated to is the introspective stream-of-consciousness of some gay French dude from the late 19th/early 20th century...I mean he was a good writer, and some of his descriptions are next-level, I especially enjoyed the references to maritime themes and the seashore that he made in "The Captive", buuuut...I dunno, I just like my books to have an actual plot lol

After a while, I said, Amy, how has it been in your life with unhappiness, did it come in days, months, decades, years?

A country named favela (English translation) by Renato Meirelles e Celso Athayde
Quarto de despejo by Carolina Maria de Jesus (don't know how to translate this, but is the real diary of a woman who picked papers and lived in a brazilian favela in the 50s).
Both are amazing and worth to read.

“Whoever has opened the window has opened it too wide,” said Miss Brodie. “Six inches is perfectly adequate. More is vulgar.