• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What are you listening to? Part XXX - Sexxxy tunes for sexxxy folks

I'd say that's a pretty good recommendation (as long as you mean her in the Jefferson Airplane years and God forbid, not Starship!)
watched a show about them this morning at 5am on Sky Arts.
I agree with you 100% my Brother, when the group split "Starship" is horrific & really NOT my cuppa tea (even if my ex had spiked it with 200mg of 99.8% Pure MXE)

I'm playing After Bathing at Baxters as I type this very message.

This album makes me think of Dr Feelgood in a way, check it out @F.U.B.A.R.

You a fan of BJM Mr Fast&bulbous?
I personally LOVE The Brian Jonestown Massacre ssssssooooooo much.
Bravery, Repetition and Noise is a really amazing album, my introduction to them came via this album though & I love it so much.

If you got a load of 4-HO-MET their album "Pol Pot's Pleasure Penthouse" is amazing, that album is just.........i don't know how to express what that album does to you when tripping let me put it that way.

You a fan of The White Stripes @fastandbulbous by any chance?
I had a feeling you may be a little older than me when you posted stuff by 10cc, i am a massive "music" fan from German Gabber to Mississippi Delta Blues via Klaus Nomi (I like all kinds of stuff & just because I love early Norwegian Black Metal like Burzum people think I don't know Johannes Brahms from Antonio Vivaldi)

I personally am a huge White Stripes fan, I have all their studio albums & so many bootlegs, their music is amazing.
I know FUBAR is a fan & you seem to have a wide taste in music, so many people learned of Son House from that band, it was the other way around for me but that is normal in my case. I knew Son House from my love of early 1930's Mississippi Delta Blues, they covered his track "Death Letter Blues"

This is honestly my most prized album by them ,it was never released as an actual album, I ripped it to MP3
Original Death Letter Blues.

Son House is the most mind blowing blues man ever, he plays ssssoooo raw, his face says it all & he taught Robert Johnson & used to drink with Charley Patton, his life experiences are beyond words. Living in the Mississippi during the decades he did you can imagine what he has seen & been through!!!!!
One interview he speaks about the Levee camp owners tossing black folks into the levee with rocks around their legs so they die, a mule was given more value than a black man & people would just vanish if they spoke up for more wages or moaned about the working conditions. His song "Levee Camp Moan / Levee Camp Blues" is so powerful as he really did work on the Levee camps!!!!!!

You know I love this stuff mate.
I'm never sure where you draw the line my Brother, I know some of the Delta stuff I've posted before wasn't your thing.
I know you like Rolling Stones, The Yardbirds, Dr Feelgood etc which is more of a Chicago Blues sound & not really Charley Patton style.
RL Burnside imho sits in the very middle of that stuff, he has that Chicago style to his music but also finger picks enough to keep it "Rural" sounding if you follow my view here?

I wasn't sure where you draw the line from the stuff that gets the foot tapping on the floor & being just "too rural"
This is the most early Mississippi Delta Blues you'll ever hear, NOT a style everyone is into but is the very seed to Dr Feelgood etc.......

I'm never sure where you draw the line my Brother, I know some of the Delta stuff I've posted before wasn't your thing.
I know you like Rolling Stones, The Yardbirds, Dr Feelgood etc which is more of a Chicago Blues sound & not really Charley Patton style.
RL Burnside imho sits in the very middle of that stuff, he has that Chicago style to his music but also finger picks enough to keep it "Rural" sounding if you follow my view here?

I wasn't sure where you draw the line from the stuff that gets the foot tapping on the floor & being just "too rural"
This is the most early Mississippi Delta Blues you'll ever hear, NOT a style everyone is into but is the very seed to Dr Feelgood etc.......

I don’t recall ever not liking any of the delta blues you've posted mate. I'll admit to not being a connoisseur such as yourself, but keep 'em coming!

My musical tastes go from Sans-Siert (dance macarbre), through blues and jazz (my dad's fault!), and blues from the likes of Screaming Jay Hawkins, through 60s geniuses like Hendrix, via Iggy & the Stooges/Pistols/Stranglers and Disco (like Donna Summer - my ex was a disco goth) up to just after the turn of the century.
But my love, as F.U.B.A.R. knows, is Britain's equivalent of the Grateful Dead (inspired by lots of acid, but also shit loads of speed, filled by agitator festival rock). In my opinion, Hawkwind had one of the best lyricists ever, in Bob Calvert - a bipolar acid head, responsible for classics like Hassan I Sabha, Sonic Attack, solo stuff like Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters and what I like to think of as my theme tune, 'Urban Guerilla'. John Lydon, Jello Biafra and a load of punk lyricists were influenced by Calvert (in Lydon's biography, there's a 'Photo Me' picture, of him with long hair, stating, "when I was a massive Hawkwind fan', looking more like a tad like me, in late teenage years!)

The above doesn't begin to cover my wide musical tastes: my liking of Throbbing Gristle, Alternative TV etc, still nonplusses people (especially next to albums by Fat Boy Slim! 🤣)

Oh,
watched a show about them this morning at 5am on Sky Arts.
I agree with you 100% my Brother, when the group split "Starship" is horrific & really NOT my cuppa tea (even if my ex had spiked it with 200mg of 99.8% Pure MXE)

I'm playing After Bathing at Baxters as I type this very message.

This album makes me think of Dr Feelgood in a way, check it out @F.U.B.A.R.

You a fan of BJM Mr Fast&bulbous?
I personally LOVE The Brian Jonestown Massacre ssssssooooooo much.
Bravery, Repetition and Noise is a really amazing album, my introduction to them came via this album though & I love it so much.

If you got a load of 4-HO-MET their album "Pol Pot's Pleasure Penthouse" is amazing, that album is just.........i don't know how to express what that album does to you when tripping let me put it that way.

And Jefferson Airplane, both my ex and my wife used to tell me to stop drooling at pictures of Grace Slick, from that period (I had my cassette alarm clock play 'Lather' the day of my 30th birthday). Between her and Souixsie Souix, they influenced my taste in partners!

Hawkwind had one of the best lyricists ever, in Bob Calvert - a bipolar acid head, responsible for classics like Hassan I Sabha, Sonic Attack, solo stuff like Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters and what I like to think of as my theme tune, 'Urban Guerilla'.
Urban Guerilla could have made Hawkwind a lot of cash and further fame (not tha they gave a flying one about that but still)...had it not been banned by the bbc. It was released as a single and a follow up to the accidentally-successful Silver Machine. Unfortunately it's release coincided with an IRA attack and the beeb thought lyrics such as "I make bombs in my cellar" and "I'm a political bandit/you just don't understand it" was a bridge too far in that moment, the fucktards, so they banned it from their stations which, then, was the kiss of death for any commercial success

Fubz knows this but unsure if you do...I had the pleasure of having Bob Calvert stay at the (non-workin) farm we were renting one night after seeing him do a hastily-arranged tour warm up gig at a club someone we knew ran. My main memory of the night was that he was a genuinely strange presence and he constantly smoked pipes of an unknown (to us) mixture and wouldn't share nor reveal what it was, and he wouldn't smoke any of our stash either. Genius imo, legend.

Urban Guerilla could have made Hawkwind a lot of cash and further fame (not tha they gave a flying one about that but still)...had it not been banned by the bbc. It was released as a single and a follow up to the accidentally-successful Silver Machine. Unfortunately it's release coincided with an IRA attack and the beeb thought lyrics such as "I make bombs in my cellar" and "I'm a political bandit/you just don't understand it" was a bridge too far in that moment, the fucktards, so they banned it from their stations which, then, was the kiss of death for any commercial success

Fubz knows this but unsure if you do...I had the pleasure of having Bob Calvert stay at the (non-workin) farm we were renting one night after seeing him do a hastily-arranged tour warm up gig at a club someone we knew ran. My main memory of the night was that he was a genuinely strange presence and he constantly smoked pipes of an unknown (to us) mixture and wouldn't share nor reveal what it was, and he wouldn't smoke any of our stash either. Genius imo, legend.

I've asked my niece that this is one of the songs played at my funeral, along with the Kinks (actually Dave Davies), 'Death of a Clown'.
She may have a bit of a task on her hands! 🤣

PS. I used to know someone who had been one of Hawkwind's Road crew from 1971 to 1978. He must have gotten a bit sick of me requesting "tell me more", sitting stoned & cross legged in front of him, like a kid at junior school!

T

The band I used to be in, used to do 'Ejection' as an encore, because both me and the bass player could play it no matter how fucked out of our brains, we were. Not so easy for Steve, our singer!
Jealousy of others is not a nice thing! 😁. I once, while walking backwards and off my face on mushrooms (so I could gibber to all my friends), bumped into Nik Turner and knocked the sax out of his hands. When I realised what I'd done and looked like a naughty child, caught nicking chocolate, he burst into fit's of laughter!