what did you want to be as a child? and do you still have the same ambition now?

omg just remembered that i went through that stage that all(?) little girls do of wanting to be a princess but some of my sensory issues mean i hate brushing my hair, so my mum manipulated me into doing it by telling me that princesses brush their hair 100 times a day.

then my dad killed my ambition by explaining that his grandfather had been a very minor russian prince which meant his whole family got murdered by the bolsheviks. when i asked if we could go back and reclaim our little mountain republic he told me they behead westerners.

i'm glad i moved swiftly onto wanting to be a pathologist, its more on brand for me i reckon.

What I wanted as a kid was to do things 'different', or 'right'. I was painfully aware of the 'shortcumings' of my environment, and behaviour of adults in general, ..and still naive enough to think that I will be able to pull that off, to figure shit out, and not get trapped by the ratrace socialization positions you in.

Then I switched gears, betraying my perhaps native tendencies, wanted to play the game, ..but successfully! And I did so (at least on the surface), education is key. Not knowing at first, and later running away from the dawning realization that all this will mean nothing to me, since it came from a mostly egoic angle.

'Thankfully' this finally burned me out; to the ground. Now I want some peace, and rest cause I'm fucking tired of this shit. I would like to change my relationship to the world, cause I'm convinced the world can't be changed (any other way). Wait, ..is that an ambitious career? 😵

Don’t tell the Seppo’s but the UK makes much better cinema and television - maybe aim “lower” and make indie films at home?

Hmm I don't know about that. My parents would probably agree, but not I. Australia actually makes ok films.. TV.. not that I can think of.

Yeah I'm sick of making indie films.. In the wardrobe with my phone.. 🙄

omg just remembered that i went through that stage that all(?) little girls do of wanting to be a princess but some of my sensory issues mean i hate brushing my hair, so my mum manipulated me into doing it by telling me that princesses brush their hair 100 times a day.

then my dad killed my ambition by explaining that his grandfather had been a very minor russian prince which meant his whole family got murdered by the bolsheviks. when i asked if we could go back and reclaim our little mountain republic he told me they behead westerners.

i'm glad i moved swiftly onto wanting to be a pathologist, its more on brand for me i reckon.

Post of the day. I'm still loling for real. I wanted to be Princess Leia (true). My parents were PC and took me to Star Wars not Disney. I hated them for that lol. Saved my pocket money and bought a Pretty in Pink Barbie.

I had no dreams of the future as a little kid. I was focused on surviving childhood.

As a teen I thought I'd be a teacher, probably only because I was raised by two teachers. At some point I realized that I don't really like kids and I'm far too impatient to teach anybody anything.

In college I thought I'd be a psychologist and even graduated with a degree in Psych. But at some point I realized that I hate listening to people whine about their problems.

So I've mostly been a cook and done some work with animals-- both of which I truly enjoy.

Deep down I wish I were a writer or an artist. I've dabbled, but my creativity is sporadic at best.

I wanted to be a doctor when I was 15. I told my doctor about it, and she agreed that I'm not fit for that, because of my mental status. :(

I mean, who tells a 15 yo that they can't be doctors??

I told myself that.

I was about 12 when I learned what gynecologists do...ladies in stirrups and all that. I thought Wow! That would be fun!

Then, at 14 or 15 I realized I'd be looking at a lot of diseased pussy and thought uh...no thank you...
90% of the time is old fat women with infections. Nasty, I would never be a gynecologist

I wanted to be a truck driver like my grandfather.

Later I wanted to do something in electronics and I did work as an IT tech for awhile.

I wanted to be a surgeon. Close enough I guess. I have zero degree to be thankful for the work I get sometimes in a medical field

When I was 12, I use to make weird masks by sewing old clothes together & then put them on and go stand at the corner of my town with a chainsaw or some "weapon" and see what kind of reaction I'd get from strangers passing by. Keep in mind this was a town in the sticks with a population of like 100, so I didn't have to go very far.

Might have watched too much Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the one from the 70's) a bit too much around that time period.

I guess I had very simple goals growing up. I'd like to think I'm more normal now though. lol

NHL player lol
I quit playing hockey by middle school