• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower What exactly causes headaches after smoking?

Hilopsilo

Bluelighter
BG: First smoked ~12 years ago, on & off, became daily use ~3.5 years ago.

Me becoming a daily smoker can be exactly triangulated to the end being a kid in school and joining the "work force" full time.

I find that, usually caused by higher quantities or starting smoking earlier in the day, I'm left with a head pressure headache after a couple hours. I used to associate this feeling with 4/20, but now it's basically daily. I don't think its dehydration, but it can sort of be fixed by eating & smoking more. I usually wake up with this "weed-headache" that persists until I smoke kinda, even though my daily consumption is probably around .5g og ~20-25% whatever. I've always got this mild headache from it, thats alwayd fluctuating in & out of when the last time I smoke was kind of. Mini-hangovers, mild enough I've just always sort of tolerated it.

I don't think its the strain... I smoke something new almost every time I pick up 3.5g, which lasts a week or so. (also im to the point where all weed affects me the same seemingly, I can never drawn any meaningful differences aside from vast potency variations)

Is this kind of headache caused by the plant matter in flower? Coughing a lot from smoking it? I don't consume enough other forms of THC's to really tell. I know people consumer far more than I do, but I don't see many complaints about this from ppl who smoke like an oz a week.

hmmm - that sounds like a little bit of a loop that you're kinda stuck in

i would say try taking a break and then come back and see if it's still happening - maybe a week or 2 break if you can handle that

it'll help reset some of your tolerance too and maybe you'll start noticing differences between strains again

it's good to take a break sometimes

Yeah, it can sticky up your cranium leading to tension, probably. Repeating that inhale suction combined with the lipid properties of cannabinoids seems a likely culprit.

Temporary collapse of white cells that can't transfer their "dialogue" to your usual blood cells and so. Heart rate is usually common and human heart is around 92-110 with all possible small keypoints in your day such as 3 cups of coffee. Maybe you're new.. man I dunno. Point is many people think green makes them a steelcan robot but drugs for 70 of time shows you hidden illness of your body. Gum decay smoked? Pain.. so on

slight allergy effect all the sticky thc and plant lectins stick to mucosa. really sticky, until it is shed or metabolized, it aggravates the head.

one strategy I use is AVOID EXHALING THROUGH NOSTRILS.

the idea being if you keep your sinuses clear of the sticky thc and plant chemicals, then you will not get a headache later.

except if I have too much soluble thc in water, then I get a headache anyway, so maybe my strategy is dumb