• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What god(s) do you worship by your actions?

Keep in mind that the Bible has been translated and edited many, many times.
Anyone who knows anything about language knows that means a LOT has been lost/added/distorted along the way.
This is particularly true of the Old Testament. It was written in Hebrew then into Greek then into Latin and finally into modern languages such as English. I have learned Hebrew and read the OT in Hebrew; it's quite revealing how mistakes can be innocently be added just due to lingual differences. There are no vowels in the written Hebrew language for example. The numbering system uses the same characters as words. Adam's name literally means dirt or clay. Most names in the Bible have more than one meaning, perhaps this is the code that is talked about.

Individuals reading the Bible and interpreting themselves is a practice that largely started right about when Gutenberg invented the printing press. Before that religions would be the sole source of both the text and interpretation of the passages.

There no more difficult sentence to fulfill-"Let be your Will my God".Imagine to tell this to you,if/when(Protect us God) something terrible happened-lost your child for example.Almost all would rebellion-"why do this to me?,You hate me. .etc"....same like a "Book of Jobe"-can for real a man face such horrors and accept all with humiliation?How could this story be true?Or is just metaphore?
I totally agree that is so difficult
we all have rebelled and we are mostly rebellious because the world we created is full of shit, (mostly because we let this happen..). It seems that only saints, western and orient ones, can really accept the world as it is.
I do, intelectually, get that the existence itself is good (or at least is beyond our good-evil perspective) but a lot of times you find yourself hating this or that. The thing is I think that we were thrown into this dualistic nature to play into it, so our test occurs into the duality, trying to escape it is vain, we can intellectually and spiritually surpass that plane of existence (what's normally called enlightment) but I think is beautiful and mysterious to accept that our real test in this life is trying to overcome our private well-being helping others or whatever human ideals that could enlighten hearts and gratify the divine.

I made a sacrifice of burnt beef once to the Holy God of Israel as the Lord required the Israelites to do in the wilderness.

Two New York strips burned until nothing remained.

Last edited:
Now that is a damn sin!
I felt it necessary to emulate the Israelites and worship the Lord. I definitely felt a presence when I did it. Most people don't make burnt sacrifices anymore.

Maybe they should.

I felt it necessary to emulate the Israelites and worship the Lord. I definitely felt a presence when I did it. Most people don't make burnt sacrifices anymore.

Maybe they should.
As a professional cook who has grilled thousands of steaks in my career, I am appalled. I cringe when people order anything over medium. It's truly a crime.

I made a sacrifice of burnt beef once to the Holy God of Israel as the Lord required the Israelites to do in the wilderness.

Two New York strips burned until nothing remained.
Amy Sedaris Cooking GIF by truTV’s At Home with Amy Sedaris

I like raw beef. I ate a steak once or twice that never touched a flame. Straight up raw meat.
Theoretically, raw beef/red meat is actually perfectly safe to eat. The only reason why one might get sick from doing that is if the butcher messes up or the meat is rotten. Surprisingly, it actually tastes quite good. There was one time when I "cooked" a burger while drunk, thought I had it on for 10 minutes when really it was only 1 minute, ate it, thought it was delicious and then looked and saw it was completely raw. Didn't get sick or anything from it. It was actually strangely good as well, far, far better than any cooked burger I've had.

I'm wondering what the fire emoji means?
I use the fire rmoji to denote the poster has dropped some fire content (something deep usually).
I do not and will not attack. What good would it do online anyway...? It would make me a troll and Billy goats and trolls dont mix iirc. ;)
I will mostly lay in the cut and wait for "prey" to meander about until they happen into my reach. lol
Not me, bro/sis... as you say only if attacked or my peeps are.
Maybe one of my gods is bugs bunny as he would turn tables on opponents and let them fall into their own traps. ;)

Theoretically, raw beef/red meat is actually perfectly safe to eat. The only reason why one might get sick from doing that is if the butcher messes up or the meat is rotten. Surprisingly, it actually tastes quite good. There was one time when I "cooked" a burger while drunk, thought I had it on for 10 minutes when really it was only 1 minute, ate it, thought it was delicious and then looked and saw it was completely raw. Didn't get sick or anything from it. It was actually strangely good as well, far, far better than any cooked burger I've had.
Be careful. While steak is usually perfectly safe to eat raw, ground beef carries a risk of e.coli and other nasties. Raw muscle is normally germ-free. The process of grinding it up with fat incorporates whatever is floating around nearby into the final product.

I use the fire rmoji to denote the poster has dropped some fire content (something deep usually).
I do not and will not attack. What good would it do online anyway...? It would make me a troll and Billy goats and trolls dont mix iirc. ;)
I will mostly lay in the cut and wait for "prey" to meander about until they happen into my reach. lol
Maybe one of my gods is bugs bunny as he would turn tables on opponents and let them fall into their own traps. ;)
Roadrunner, the androgynous god of Warner bros.

Sorry, I get paranoid sometimes but I didn't mean you specifiically. Sometimes I think I'm attacked then it turns out I was just being an asshole, so these new emojis caused all sorts of problems for my fragile cranium.

Anyway, today I'm worshipping the God of "Oh God, is it really Monday morning?"

Sometimes I think I'm attacked then it turns out I was just being an asshole
Hahaha! Sounds like you are describing me. I do get so defensive at times cause I think that I see what I feel is being said as opposed to what is actually trying to be expressed. Writing is worse for me because it lacks social cues (body language) for contextual benefit. One would think that I would be over this by now but in reality seeing through the bullshit has been a very valuable tool that has served me well over the years... almost a mind reader if face to face. o_O
Asshole? :LOL: I would bet that I had the upper hand on assholery in public. I mean I can be friendly but it takes time to reveal who and what I am below the surface and randy random randos just do not get this time unless I feel a need to focus attention and if this happens most times there is a lasting "relationship". Usually its a smile, a wave and a gtfo.
If I go knock the head off of an "entitled" individual to help a homeless mother to be I wonder where in the scales of "justice" would have me...? Would this be good, bad or both I wonder. And if these kind of actions happen all the time, I wonder what religion and/or god(s) I would be worshiping?
ground beef
My aunt used to dig small handfuls of hamburger from a package and eat it. This really used to make me pause in wonderment and yuck. She was my favorite aunt and has passed some years ago (not from raw burger).

Last edited: