• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet What healthy food are you eating now? v. it's pronounced keen-waah

Like fishy steak. I grilled it then put melted butter across the top of it. I very much enjoyed it..... give it a shot if you see alligator steaks at grocery store.

I should buy a blender. I used to work at a smoothie shop and was crazy about them but got a bit burnt out I think....

I’ve been basically living on fruit smoothies made with frozen fruit of different kinds and coconut water. Mainly blueberries, mangos, strawberries, and bananas. I’m not sure how healthy it really is given how much sugar there is in all that fruit. I must be having like 8-10 servings of fruit a day. Sometime I throw kale in as well.
Yeah nah that's pretty fucking good man, especially if you throw some greens in there every now and then. Put some baby spinach in there if it's cheaper than kale. Same effect. And coconut water is awesome cos it has electrolytes and antioxidants in it.

In my mid 20’s I began to notice a correlation between my headaches and when I’d eat dairy, especially cheese and ice cream. After much experimentation I’ve realized I’m allergic to the casein, not the lactose like many believe. Butter, and even better ghee, have no negative effect on me.

Fuck tho do I miss a good aged cheddar or Parmesan...
Oh noooo! That's so sad GC :(

Not a big fan of food. I stick to booze, fags and drugs.

That's why I'm not a fat cunt...
Yeah man that was me for a looooonnnng long time. Not great for the ol' liver or for longevity of life though.

Like fishy steak. I grilled it then put melted butter across the top of it. I very much enjoyed it..... give it a shot if you see alligator steaks at grocery store.
I highly doubt that will ever happen as I live in Australia ;)
BUT we do eat crocodile here!! And my partner is a professional head chef so I'm sure he can make it happen for me.

Probably very similar and honestly if he's a head chef than I am sure he can do a better job that I did with making it taste good. I'm kind-of caveman-ish..... " throw it on fire.... add butter. .... Mmmmmmm."

^^ I'll let you know how it goes if we do eat croc!!

I should buy a blender. I used to work at a smoothie shop and was crazy about them but got a bit burnt out I think....
We have a blender that we don't use, you can have it if you want?

when i was in namibia some people tried either alligator or crocadile, i can't remember which, but they did not like it. i am vegetarian so didn't try that, or the worms.

@Atelier3 my concern about your smoothie diet is there isn't really any protein or good fats. if you're going for a raw/whole foods vibe can you add some nuts at least? or some sprouted lentils or chickpeas?

Yea I’ve had deep fried alligator with my family down south, pretty good actually. Not fishy, I remember it being like chewy chicken.

Think I’m gonna make up a Chimichurri sauce here in a bit to put on steak later, maybe some asparagus on the side, broccoli, and possibly potatoes.

This morning I’m doing up an egg dish, where I pretty much just cook up veggies with egg and maybe a little meat (sausage or bacon) in an omelette style. Kale, radish, onion, garlic, parsley, and whatever else I see in the fridge that feels it’d go well.

-GC

I want to get a blender for milk shakes. Someone mentioned one the other day ( they ate at Mcd's ) and they had a strawberry one. I instantly was craving one and had ice cream in the freezer but no blender. Gonna hit up a garage sale for one. Not a big fan of smoothies anymore either. Shakes are my downfall. I like them real thick. ( don't go there snafu ) :ROFLMAO:

Yea I’ve had deep fried alligator with my family down south, pretty good actually. Not fishy, I remember it being like chewy chicken.

Think I’m gonna make up a Chimichurri sauce here in a bit to put on steak later, maybe some asparagus on the side, broccoli, and possibly potatoes.

This morning I’m doing up an egg dish, where I pretty much just cook up veggies with egg and maybe a little meat (sausage or bacon) in an omelette style. Kale, radish, onion, garlic, parsley, and whatever else I see in the fridge that feels it’d go well.

-GC
Now that's my kind of breakfast. Sounds delicious. I just made some fried potatoes, an english muffin, and a ham and cheese omelet with chives. Don't normally eat that big of a breakfast but what the heck, it's a holiday weekend.

Now that's my kind of breakfast. Sounds delicious. I just made some fried potatoes, an english muffin, and a ham and cheese omelet with chives. Don't normally eat that big of a breakfast but what the heck, it's a holiday weekend.

That’s how I am too, week days I often won’t eat til 3-4pm which I know probably ain’t good but maybe there’s something to that intermittent fasting thing?..

But ya ended up adding some cabbage, jalapeño, and green onion too. I like doing this cuz it’s a great way to kill off leftover veggies before they go bad :)

I’ve been hitting the weights like crazy which I think had me unusually hungry this morning plus this threads a good motivator too.

-GC

Broccoli Rabe

Screen_Shot_2017-04-26_at_4.42.59_PM.png

i have to drive 40 minutes just to get some about every 10 days - but it's worth it

Interesting. What's different to that, and other similar greens?
It tastes great! It's a little bitter...saute it with garlic and crushed red pepper sprinkle some pecorino romano on top..or you can toss it with pasta and a couple anchovies ...do you ever see it around?

It tastes great! It's a little bitter...saute it with garlic and crushed red pepper sprinkle some pecorino romano on top..or you can toss it with pasta and a couple anchovies ...do you ever see it around?
Sounds delicious!!! I've never seen it here in Australia. I'll ask my partner.
*edit* Just asked him, nope he hasn't heard of it (meaning it's highly unlikely we have it here yet).

Sounds delicious!!! I've never seen it here in Australia. I'll ask my partner.
*edit* Just asked him, nope he hasn't heard of it (meaning it's highly unlikely we have it here yet)
"Also known as broccoli rabe or raab, rapini is a favourite vegetable in Italian cooking and, according to the Food Lover's Companion, it's related to both the cabbage and turnip families. In Australia, it can be found at specialty grocers and farmers' markets. Or you can easily buy seeds online and grow your own."

You got it there

"Also known as broccoli rabe or raab, rapini is a favourite vegetable in Italian cooking and, according to the Food Lover's Companion, it's related to both the cabbage and turnip families. In Australia, it can be found at specialty grocers and farmers' markets. Or you can easily buy seeds online and grow your own."

You got it there
Cool, the more you know!

Uhh, well I had a tomato salad like a day ago, and a really nice caeser salad in 2 nights before that.

But none of that is today. Today, I feel like nachos!

I think there might be some corn products in the dorittos, and probably some vegetables in the salsa. That's healthy enough right? :D