• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What is your Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)?

I have taken this test countless times and every result is a resounding INFJ. It matches me 100%. The best of all the descriptive "personalities" out there.

INTP again this can't be accurate my family don't see me as "logical" 😂
Tbf I do identify with a lot of it but maybe I should have stuck in at school and I could have been a scientist or something cool. I sickened myself yesterday going through endless chord structures and melodies on guitar to the point I got lost in the maze and couldn't find my way back lol maybe that's the "creative" part but it's more like madness.

Last edited:
It some quantum shit i swear

I no longer side with anything in this mystery pond

Took this twice. Once was for team building at work. It was a 3 day event but EVERYONE scored ENTJ (I’m almost positive but the sales/management one).

Me - INTP and the only one in the whole office. I recall it said I’d do well in a completely autonomous job perhaps with no windows like a research scientist with no assistants. Lol.

I recall I had a complete double life so everything was almost 50/50 down the middle because i was two totally different ppl - one in public and the one behind closed doors. I heard that it’s accurate even 10 years later so some years ago I took it again thinking surely it’d be different since it was no longer tied to work. Nope - I was again INTP.

INTJ

This test is scary accurate.

I am an electrical engineer specializing in process control (now called robotics or AI) and was plying my career back as far as I can remember deep into my childhood. Scary how this test nailed me in so few questions.

Myers-Briggs - which are you?

hello
are you familiar with the Myers-Briggs personality typology? i've found it to be an interesting self-learning tool and it seems - to me - to be pretty accurate.
a description of the 16 types can be found here:
http://www.typelogic.com/
and you can take the test here:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm
what type are you? after reading the description of your type, how accurate do you think the analysis is?
namaste
alasdair (i'm an ESTJ)
INTP.
I took this test a few weeks ago, it was no shock when I got the result to say the least.

INTJ

This test is scary accurate.

I am an electrical engineer specializing in process control (now called robotics or AI) and was plying my career back as far as I can remember deep into my childhood. Scary how this test nailed me in so few questions.
You & I make the perfect couple.

An Anthropology Doctor I speak to is this type also, we still laugh how we should get married.

INTP
INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.
INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to most anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.
A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition.
INTPs and Logic -- One of the tipoffs that a person is an INTP is her obsession with logical correctness. Errors are not often due to poor logic -- apparent faux pas in reasoning are usually a result of overlooking details or of incorrect context.
Famous INTPs:
Socrates
Rene Descartes
Blaise Pascal
Sir Isaac Newton
C. G. Jung, (Freudian defector, author of Psychological Types, etc.)
Albert Einstein
Brent Spiner (Commander Data, Star Trek -- The Next Generation)
Only room for one INTP on BL, be gone with you filthy Wretch.

I’m an INFP. But these personality tests were designed to help you find out what kind of career you might be suited to, and instead, people have made them their ENTIRE personality.

Does someone want to tell her the background of this Test or shall I?
You are wrong to keep it very short.
Briggs and Myers began creating their indicator during World War II[5]in the belief that a knowledge of personality preferences would help women entering the industrial workforce for the first time to identify the sorts of war-time jobs that would be the "most comfortable and effective" for them.

From Wikipedia, true, but I believe this to be accurate. Furthermore, the test was administered to me in college for these purposes. That was the first time I took it.

Briggs and Myers began creating their indicator during World War II[5]in the belief that a knowledge of personality preferences would help women entering the industrial workforce for the first time to identify the sorts of war-time jobs that would be the "most comfortable and effective" for them.

From Wikipedia, true, but I believe this to be accurate. Furthermore, the test was administered to me in college for these purposes. That was the first time I took it.
I stand corrected, I had read it was based upon Jung's personality types but made simple.

Touché Madam.

I stand corrected, I had read it was based upon Jung's personality types but made simple.

Touché Madam.
After the English translation of Carl Jung's book Psychological Typeswas published in 1923 (first published in German in 1921), Briggs recognized that Jung's theory was similar to, but went far beyond, her own.[18] Briggs's four types were later identified as corresponding to the IXXXs(Introverts: "meditative"), EXXPs(Extraverts & Prospectors: "spontaneous"), EXTJs (Extraverts, Thinkers & Judgers: "executive") and EXFJs (Extraverts, Feelers & Judgers: "social").https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers–Briggs_Type_Indicator#cite_note-19[16][17] Her first publications were two articles describing Jung's theory, in the journal New Republic in 1926 ("Meet Yourself Using the Personality Paint Box") and 1928 ("Up From Barbarism"). After extensively studying the work of Jung, Briggs and her daughter extended their interest in human behavior into efforts to turn the theory of psychological types to practical use.[5][16]

so you are also correct, but they apparently created the test FIRST, then studied the works of Jung, I believe