• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What reasons are there for microdosing LSD or psilocybin?

ofc, I’m not saying it’s even common, just that it can happen

there’s not to many known rules in the brain games and as you say, everyone's different
Ya exactly like I for one am never gonna do benzos fent or kratom anymore I love the feeling don’t get me wrong the increased sense of well being, euphoria, and just completely feeling okay with everything feels awesome, but it’s negativity impacted my life way more then positive I know it’s not worth it and that I’m better off without it, I crave it all the time but I don’t give in I always think about the cost and the rock bottom I hit, I don’t get why the guy in your posts kept doing psychedelics & MDMA after he got hospitalized for it multiple times, maybe all he cared for was getting high which is sad I get it though I used to be that way.

He was doing it cuz his experiences were mostly positive from his point of view, even those ending with his hospitalization. He was a smart but crazy guy. Whoever met him during his “normal phases” would never, ever guess he’s a person that can flip badly even on MDMA. I think it would be disrespectful to go into more details.

psilocybin acts on NMDA receptors
I don't believe this is the case. Maybe you are thinking of the mglur2 5ht2a heterodimers which psychadelics bind. I couldn't find any sources supporting that claim, but if you know of one that would be profoundly interesting.

~25 micrograms is a nice alternative stimulant, and I find just about as much mood lift as if I had taken a full dose (although this is more reliable when taken once in a blue moon during a period of low affect).

I microdosed acid every day for 8 months. It was great and it made a productive machine and happy.

6 days a month is fine. I didn't even get tolerance and started experincing reverse tolerance, before long i was believing in the Great solar flash and lizard people lmfao.

Just don't overdo it. Stuff is powerful. Used wisely will greatly improve your life. Used improperly and it make you a space cadet.

If all you’re doing is micro dosing (taking 1/8th of a tab or less every 3-4 days) you’re not gonna start believing in aliens, but if you take 1/4 of a tab or more twice a week or more for a while then that could be possible espicially if you miss out on sleep and meals cause of it.
Good point. Do as you wish, That said, it still is wise to take breaks after a month. Remember we really don't need these substances to overcome stuff. I think many people, including myself, could give the repetition thoughts we want to get over , and move forward, a chance to heal ourselves. Life can be traumatic. Our minds are super powerful, when we learn from mistakes and use them to not make the same mistake again, avoiding massive amounts of pain. The massive amounts of pain could have been bought by substance issues previously, so there's a chance they were caused by previous chemical substances, that are still having an impact, and need healing.

I’m all for psilocybin but I only endorse using it 2-3 times a year. That’s how I use it and I use it to enjoy the experience sometimes but generally I use it to improve my mental and spiritual health and get some of that neuroplasticity baby!

But I’m not really for microdosing psilocybin. A mini dose like 1-2 grams of potent stuff I can get behind but not taking it 4 days on and three days off type thing. Just the research has not shown that it’s beneficial dosing like this at least none that I’ve found and perhaps more research needs done. They did find that microdosing psilocybin poses cardiovascular issues over the long term but that’s all I really remember from my research in the research lol.

Yeah I just don’t think there’s a need to do it more than 2-3 times a year for spiritual and mental wellness. But to each there own.

On a side note my girl swears it fixed her eyesight. Really odd but she swears by it. Idk the mechanism of action but I guess could be nuerogensesis. I don’t know enough tho.

I don't believe this is the case. Maybe you are thinking of the mglur2 5ht2a heterodimers which psychadelics bind. I couldn't find any sources supporting that claim, but if you know of one that would be profoundly interesting.

~25 micrograms is a nice alternative stimulant, and I find just about as much mood lift as if I had taken a full dose (although this is more reliable when taken once in a blue moon during a period of low affect).
Yeah I never heard of psilocybin acting on NMDA receptors. If I remember right it’s primarily 5HT receptors and does some wild stuff with glutamate. But my memory doesn’t serve me well right now so could be wrong. I think there’s a downstream effect on dopamine as well nothing huge but it’s there in the right doses. Too high and it becomes all introspection (serotonin) but at the right dose it can be more outwardly (dopamine) mixed with introspection. Just my speculations. Please no one take this as hard science.

Yeah I never heard of psilocybin acting on NMDA receptors. If I remember right it’s primarily 5HT receptors and does some wild stuff with glutamate. But my memory doesn’t serve me well right now so could be wrong. I think there’s a downstream effect on dopamine as well nothing huge but it’s there in the right doses. Too high and it becomes all introspection (serotonin) but at the right dose it can be more outwardly (dopamine) mixed with introspection. Just my speculations. Please no one take this as hard science.
All drugs end up changing glutamate signaling. If you think of the brain as a collection of circuits, glutamate is akin to the electron as the key chemical activating signal that connects cells (and GABA is its inhibitory counterpart). Neurotransmitters which work through GPCRs simply tune the response of cells to glutamate and GABA making them more or less responsive.

All drugs end up changing glutamate signaling. If you think of the brain as a collection of circuits, glutamate is akin to the electron as the key chemical activating signal that connects cells (and GABA is its inhibitory counterpart). Neurotransmitters which work through GPCRs simply tune the response of cells to glutamate and GABA making them more or less responsive.
Oh…that makes sense. But doesn’t psilocybin do it in really profound ways? Like I watched a video on it a long time ago and it showed the path networks and how they looked without psilocin and how they looked on mri while on psilocin and it was wild which parts of the brain were now communicating.

Probably one of the things I like most about psilocybin besides that it’s very hard to get addicted to, rapid tolerance, no urge to redose, etc. is that it almost turns off the default mode network. I’m someone that has struggled with looping thoughts that are negative due to some mental illness and it really helped me.

Thanks for your insight!

doesn’t psilocybin do it in really profound ways?
The effects are profound due to the location of the serotonin receptors in those circuits.

It's like a delay pedal for a guitar,increasing the feedback causes the signal to repeat more and more, but there is a certain point where the feedback is enough to make the sound coming out of the pedal self sustain infinitely. It's still just a slight adjustment of a knob, but beyond a certain threshold the effects are very powerful.

It makes the cortical neurons that have 5ht receptors more responsive -
normally some cortico-thalamic feedback happens and then the pulses weaken. the additional sensitivity from psychedelics) allows the cortico-thalamic feedback to extend beyond the 3 pulses necessary for memory formation and perception.
when you get 5 or 6 pulses your layered experience has richer moments, but also perceptions ramify further in all directions, not just the area of interest based upon what you have recently been up to.
when you get 25 to 30 pulses your connection with your body is deranged - you cannot tell if you are sitting or standing. and anything more than that you black out.

the plasticity is just memory formation, but since the perceptions are more ramified, the memories formed are widely cohesive, or integrative.

I’m all for psilocybin but I only endorse using it 2-3 times a year. That’s how I use it and I use it to enjoy the experience sometimes but generally I use it to improve my mental and spiritual health and get some of that neuroplasticity baby!

But I’m not really for microdosing psilocybin. A mini dose like 1-2 grams of potent stuff I can get behind but not taking it 4 days on and three days off type thing. Just the research has not shown that it’s beneficial dosing like this at least none that I’ve found and perhaps more research needs done. They did find that microdosing psilocybin poses cardiovascular issues over the long term but that’s all I really remember from my research in the research lol.

Yeah I just don’t think there’s a need to do it more than 2-3 times a year for spiritual and mental wellness. But to each there own.

On a side note my girl swears it fixed her eyesight. Really odd but she swears by it. Idk the mechanism of action but I guess could be nuerogensesis. I don’t know enough tho.
On the first page they're are some terrific explanations fo neuroplasticity and how micro dosing can help ease one into getting used to a substance without a full blown trip, and getting some benefits like a more chilled , happier feeling.

If using full dose sure Psilocybin 2-3 times a year. What about other substances, like lsd, or entactogens, in a year, maybe lsd 2 x's of an entacogen 2-3 x's? Do you think its best to only do use substances a year, maximum, with rules, or go more with your intuition, if gut says no, dont do it, say two shroom trips , two entactogen experiences, one lsd trip?? I don't think they're rules per say, but something like these guidelines could be useful. If its too much, meaning too many negative effects, afterwards, dont use for a while.

Last edited:
I always feared it would make full acid trips less enjoyable

Mind you is takimg 12 blotters over Sat/sun the same as microdosing all week?

Cool perspective. From strictly personal anecdotal experience, microdosing LSD had negative impacts on my social interactions. I feel that I am extremely sensitive to such substance and the recommended “microdose” should not apply to me and should be halved however after bad irritable feelings under very low dose made me want to never “microdose” ever again.
However, the mini dose? Yes, all day metaphorically speaking. How I stay sane in this insane world but to trip out regularly.

Cool perspective. From strictly personal anecdotal experience, microdosing LSD had negative impacts on my social interactions. I feel that I am extremely sensitive to such substance and the recommended “microdose” should not apply to me and should be halved however after bad irritable feelings under very low dose made me want to never “microdose” ever again.
However, the mini dose? Yes, all day metaphorically speaking. How I stay sane in this insane world but to trip out regularly.
You're the first person I've heard of, and reported microdosing LSD causes negative impacts on your social interactions. In fact, I've heard the opposite, microdose lsd for a more social day and shrooms for a bit quieter day, more to yourself.

If this does happen, one could try halfing it. Thanks for sharing. Did you get any benefits for 5 mcg or whatever half a microdose lsd is?

In my opinion, positive MD ing effects are mostly just based on anecdotal evidence, and unless things have changes, there have been no legitimate studies with large enough sample sizes and control groups to establish MD ing's benefits as of yet.

"More People Are Microdosing for Mental Health. But Does It Work?​

Scientists are split over whether the benefits some microdosers experience are a placebo effect or something more."

In my opinion, positive MD ing effects are mostly just based on anecdotal evidence, and unless things have changes, there have been no legitimate studies with large enough sample sizes and control groups to establish MD ing's benefits as of yet.

"More People Are Microdosing for Mental Health. But Does It Work?​

Scientists are split over whether the benefits some microdosers experience are a placebo effect or something more."
In my experience it most definitely is not a placebo but at the same time you need to take a reasonable micro dose and not have it be too little if you were too take pieces too small then ya it very well may be a placebo.

Clearly we need to double-blind this study and see if it's placebo or real.

I am not in a position to state if one is more likely than the other but Skorpio at once noted that their is no study backing up the work... but personally felt it worked.

How do we do this legally? I cannot send out hundreds of low-dose LSD tabs and hundreds of blanks. I don't want to go to prison and I'm sure you don't either... although if I were you, I would blame it all on me.

But if mushrooms do the same... their IS a loophole for that one. That IS something we can legally do. I can post the way to cleanly extract psilocin from mushrooms and to even test purity. So people in places where shrooms are legal could send each other 2 identical solutions. If they don't say which has the active, people then choose one and return the other....

It would be excellent for BL to publish in high-impact journals and having a cohort of THOUSANDS does make us unique. Of course, the mods would have to answer co-respondence and maybe we need to find a common name. Like Nicolai Bobowski was the name used by dozens of French mathematicians.

Buhl Gilet?
Bill Teugh?
Hul Giblet?
Ghi Bullet?

I used the name Delia Venus Wynn in the HR booklets I produced for Lifeline Publications...