Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television What TV Shows are You Binging v. Cut That Cord!

Unfortunately, no idea how anybody outside the UK could get this, but Motherland is fucking hilarious (just watched the xmas special). While all the participants are great, in my opinion, the star is Diane Morgan. That accent is perfect for dry, sarcastic and funny as fuck comments (know two people from north Cumbria and they are experts at the one line, sarcastic comment).

BTW, it's 3 seasons and xmas special are available on BBC iPlayer

They just need a semi-decent VPN and a postcode (usually) to watch most of the Brit streaming content providers like BBC iPlayer and Channel 4. Probably the best free TV streaming providers in the world by quite some margin - you'd be crazy not to use them, their vast digital libraries put Netflix to shame.

A quick side note:
Orange Is the New Black was an incredibly engaging series for many reasons.
What I liked most about it was the commentary on the Prison/Industrial Complex that thrives in the US. It's horribly corrupt and exploitative, yet few people are talking about it. We ought to be paying more attention.

I really like the season 4 finale, which was probably my favorite season of that show.

The Recruit

Echo 3
Not very true to life as ops like this is in and out and dark just taking too long with political BS but hey worth the watch I guess....

Just started watching The Bear.
I'm only on episode 2 but I already love it because it accurately depicts a busy kitchen and it gets the lingo right:
Corner!
Hot!
Behind!
Heard!
Sharp!
Hands!
etc....

edit: The downside is that watching it is like being at work, so not very relaxing. Oh well.

I don't watch a lot of TV these days. I don't re-watch stuff I've already seen and I don't like watching more than 1 or 2 shows at a time. Most shows I start watching, I will lose interest and give up after a couple of episodes... I pretty much only watch comedy shows.

In terms of stuff I've stuck with, I watched 2 seasons of Hacks in December. Didn't like it at first but I stuck with it and the characters soon grew on me. It's not brilliant television, but it definitely had its moments.

Before that, I watched The Outlaws. Stephen Merchant is the greater talent of the duo responsible for The Office. Ricky Gervais' TV shows keep getting worse. After he stopped collaborating with Merchant, everything he produces sucks ass IMO. Derek was fucking awful. After Life (despite initially showing promise) proved to be garbage. Whereas, I like everything Merchant has done since they split up. The Outlaws is his best effort, yet. Recommended.

Now I'm watching Dave, which is based on the life of Dave Burd (a Jewish man with a deformed penis who believes he is destined to be the greatest rapper of all time)... It's weird and unique. I've never seen anything like it.

Next shows on my list:
Riget (how have I not seen Lars von Trier's Twin Peaks yet?)
1923 (not comedy, but Harrison Ford is in it... so I have to watch it)
White Lotus (season 2)
Shrinking

Shows I very quickly lost interest in (all non-comedies):
Willow
Moon Knight
The Old Man
The Book of Boba Fett
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Reactions: CFC
s02 of the outlaws was excellent. they wrapped it up very well.

white lotus s02 was great - i enjoyed it more than s01.

i am currectly working my way through barrys03 which is excellent and dark. also picard s02 which i am really enjoying.

alasdair

The Book of Boba Fett
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Those two were definitely the weaker of the latest Star Wars series. Andor is carrying them right now IMO.

I'm watching an 8 episode Polish series called 1983 right now. Actually quite interesting so far.

And Trailer Park Boys for when I'm eating or just want background noise.

The Twilight Zone reboot was okay, but it doesn't do enough to stand out against all the anthology shows of today... other than using the name Twilight Zone. If you're looking for weird anthology stuff, I recommend you check out Mark Duplass' Room 104.

Cream Gravy said:
Those two were definitely the weaker of the latest Star Wars series. Andor is carrying them right now IMO.

I'm tempted to start Andor. I've heard good things... but I've got chronic Star Wars fatigue at this point.

alasdairm said:
i am currectly working my way through barrys03

Yeah, I love me some Barry.

I've been watching Twin Peaks because @Cream Gravy? mentioned it and reminded me.

They just need a semi-decent VPN and a postcode (usually) to watch most of the Brit streaming content providers like BBC iPlayer and Channel 4. Probably the best free TV streaming providers in the world by quite some margin - you'd be crazy not to use them, their vast digital libraries put Netflix to shame.

mmm I could really go for some Are You Being Served? The last BBC show I've seen was Sherlock but found it a bit, how would you say... naff?

s02 of the outlaws was excellent. they wrapped it up very well.

white lotus s02 was great - i enjoyed it more than s01.

i am currectly working my way through barrys03 which is excellent and dark. also picard s02 which i am really enjoying.

alasdair

I enjoyed the Outlaws too, both series were good low key fun.

The Great Pottery Throwdown has started up again on Channel 4/All4 (UK). It's a bit like Bake Off or the Sewing Bee, but with pottery. Really sedate and lovely escapist series. They made some funky tea sets today.

The Imperfects (on Netflix) I can only recommend. Unfortunately just one season, hope there will be a second one.
After an experimental gene therapy turns them into monsters, three twenty-somethings band together to hunt down the scientist responsible and force him to make them human again.

Serial "Shantaram"watching now.I like it
PS. Fuck.....subtitles run till episode 7&my wife can't understand nothin'

Last edited:
vpf-JK9-F0-UJNc-AIIe-C42o-Jy-KMn-ZQ.jpg

Just starting this tonight and im very excited. First episode has been really good, didnt even know this was coming out till my girlfriend mentioned it last week. Probably gonna binge all them tonight. Loved the other seasons of The Witcher its one of my favorites series on Netflix 🙂