• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What's the best way to get a crushed pill under the tongue?

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
I was doing this with diazepam which wow, crushes instantly. Used the knob of a padlock to do it against an index card, folded it, and put it down. Most of it got under the tongue but some on my teeth which obviously won't absorb (would just end up orally at least). Maybe I just need to put some kind of extra bend at the end or something. I just can't think of anything in particular that's better than the bent index card method. I feel silly having not tried this before, I was just putting the tablets under my tongue and they take FOREVER to dissolve, to the point where there was no benefit over oral.

Yeah but that's definitely not gonna be as effective as sublingual powder. It would just hit slightly faster than oral. When I tried this with just 1mg of valium last night crushed it was like BAM. Now I knew what real sublingual was supposed to feel like. It takes me at least 10mg to feel it now whereas I was feeling it very strong at 7.5mg the other week. I think tagamet has increased my tolerance in general since I've been taking it at night (for otherwise legit reasons, I'm on a course of PPI and H2 blocker at night). I just chose the H2 blocker that happens to potentiate valium lol.. well aware of this.

Ok how the literal fuck do you get this under your tongue without getting some in your teeth? I just got so much on my left molars and worry that it's wasted by absorbing into nothing. Or I guess it just turns into goop that I can lick off after? Still, annoying. Maybe I should get a thick straw to pour my powder in and just tube it straight under. But I'm curious how others do it, folded index card just isn't cuttin it, but I was able to avoid the teeth pretty well last night. Not sure how it went this wrong, maybe I just need to aim it higher

Ok confirmed, I'm a fucking genius. Dumped the index card into a split straw, down the tongue, PERFECTLY in the middle, none all over teeth. I just grabbed some of those thick "chocolatey milk" straws and dumped out the chocolate, so it tastes like chocolately valium powder too. 10/10 would recommend, I bet it would make xanax taste a bit less bad, but that dissolves faster anyway

I use a magazine to get crushed clonazepam unger my tongue. Using something with a glossy surface helps control where the powder goes, as it wont clump up as much while you pour it.

Oop, well I overshot it this time and got a lot on the back top of my tongue. I'm sure it'll still absorb fine but likely a bit less well compared to the bottom part where the "sublingual glands" are. The whole back of the tongue is full of capilaries though so I should be good. Does take awhile for the powder to dissolve with saliva though, I've seen people suggest squirting a bit of fizzy drink under the tongue to speed it up, maybe I ought to try that with an eye dropper or something.

I used to just pop two ten mg diazepams under my tongue and let them dissolve.

Benzos are not that water soluble, but the pills dissolve. It hits a little bit faster that way.

It sounds difficult to crush and then move the powder unless you crush it on some paper and then dump it under your tongue.

That's basically what I'm doing. The problem with the tablets is they take forever to dissolve, and are difficult to keep in one place. The powder dissolves way faster. I was doing just tablets and once I switched to powder it was like woah, this hits way harder. I can't imagine popping 2 10mg. The crush is pretty easy, I do it on an index card, dump that into a split straw, and put it right under. I just aimed a little too high this time so a lot of it ended up on the top back of my tongue. With minimal saliva it still only took 5-10 minutes to fully dissolve, whereas the tablets could take half an hour unless I pushed on them against the bottom part of my tongue/gums with my tongue which probably was more like consuming half of it orally.

Maybe different manufacturers have diff tablet dissolve rates though idk, I take Tevas which are pretty thick. They definitely take awhile to dissolve.

Fold a post it note in half….tablet inside, large spoon rocked back and forth, empty fine powder under your tongue

Done

I have a glass morter & pestle and put all the pills in there to pulverize into fine hcl salts

Methadone 80mg
Ritalin 30mg IR
Valium 10mg
Clonazepam 0.5mg
Lorazepam 0.5mg
Gabapentin 300mg powder poured on top
Cannabis Indica 10mg

3.oz Jin cocktail 🍸

My special treat ….safe with my tolerance. 30x plus had this exact cocktail

So I'm bumping this just because I didn't wanna make another thread. I managed to do it just fine with the split straw and have been. But I've often had a little pool of water in there to dissolve it quicker, is that going to absorb less vs letting the powder sit there and dissolve more slowly? Diazepam crushed just goes so quickly with a bit of water under the tongue. I heard one guy used soda instead, like a squirt of it under the tongue with the powder. It still works with the water, I just wasn't sure if like, the water sort of "buffers" it and prevents full absorption from the capillaries.

Shouldn't be doing this too much longer either way, I plan to get off valium soon. I started crushing them because I love the flavor and it does kick in quite a bit faster over oral.