• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Why is heroin more addicting than oxycodone?

That’s for sure..

While heroin feels better, some of my worst withdrawals were off surprisingly low amounts of oxy like 40-60mg a day type habits.

Having done my fair share of opiates I’ve concluded synthetic opiates such as Oxycodone, Buprenorphine and Dihydromorphine/Dihydroheroin, cause worse withdrawals than more naturally based ones.

-I honestly, many times I tried Vicodin ES 7.5 750mg,,,, Loracets 10mg. I have never bad the honor of Oxys, or Heroin.? I use to put /smash Vicodin i powder, into strong hot coffee, black of course.

Obviously I'm asking a totally subjective question, however I wanted to hear several opinions on the matter. Some people state that oxycodone and heroin are one and the same, while others adamantly warn everyone to never switch to H. I think it's more than a price differentiation, because heroin itself seems to promote perpetual redosing and users appear to lose themselves far more financially/mentally/physically in the heroin game. It also seems to be the hardest substance to quit statistically iirc. I've been wondering why such a hardcore downer would be more appealing in comparison to the stimulating effects that most opioids possess. Some people also surprisingly state that oxycodone withdrawal is mentally way worse than heroin withdrawal. Any thoughts?
Because a $10 bag of dope can have you doubled over sucking your own dick , seriously,$10 oxy can’t do that,you’ll forever chase that once you experience it.

To be fair, heroin like that is really hard to find. I emphasize pure heroin a lot on here for a reason. I had actually tried street dope quite a bit before that first experience but it was on par with oxy in feel for the most part, maybe a bit more sedating. That pure was on another level.

I had access to it for a few years through some less than savory gentleman. They wouldn’t pick up for less than 100$ worth and usually they wanted you to drop 300-500 in one go. I remember one time trying to ask for a 50 and he brought me an insultingly small amount to kinda show me “don’t waste my time.” It was always the same purity, these off white/beige rocks that would sometimes be really large like they came right off a brick.

If it helps, I don’t even try looking for shit of that caliber anymore. Fentanyl rules and Oxycodone is probably the better option these days.

Also I look more fondly on my days snorting oxy cuz it was just a more “fun” time. Too many 5’s, 20’s, 40’s and 80’s to count but it was more social. Heroin straight took over my life. I told myself I was gonna quit every day for years. So yea be glad you haven’t fucked with it, not worth it.

-GC
I had some expensive stuff on Christmas apparently 87% pure it was to strong to smoke on its own and had to be mixed with bash even then it was just to much compared to what I'm used to I've still got most of it I just sprinkle a few crumbs on the beatle

It's a more refined opiate. But in practice, it depends how heavily cut it is as to how strong and therefore how addictive it is.

Try taking few Phenibut and then Blue Lotus tincture....that is sedatized I have been for years.......! Had no idea Phenibut was that strong like Benzos? Adding Apamorphine which is in Blue Lotus seems to really intensify the calm feelings. Very very powerful still feeling effect after last night! :sleep::dowat:

Oxy is what got me. Ever since then I literally run from the thought of heroin. Never even layed eyes on it. I already know we'd get along great...at first

I think it's a mental / situational thing. Taking a pill is different from injecting or chasing, both of which are more ritualistic.
Also particularly with IV use there's a whole subculture around it, that to a greater or lesser extent you have to become part of just in order to score (unless you're only using occasionally and get your shit via a regular user acquaintance instead of a direct contact).

Then there's the fact that injection use of heroin has the worst rep. You're aware that you're making a choice to break a huge social taboo as soon as you do it. That already gives you a different self - image than if you're 'just' taking some painkiller pills. (Even if you're eating them like smarties.)