• S&T Moderators: VerbalTruist | Skorpio | alasdairm

Computing Windows 11 Anyone?

Hate ro post link to other forum but this quesrion may be answered more accurately... or rather link to internal links and let ya figure it out yerself. lol Had ro learn a lot on my own there but without the "coders" there that deigned to help it was all woth it.
Mydigitallifeforums.

This new BIOS shit can play a mind fuck with me but they may be able to aim one in the direction of moddind the actual BIOS to do whateva ya wanna do.
I love that site just dont have the time nor inclination since xp and 7. ftw
;)

I've seen what they do there although it generally just confused the shit out of me, and like you say there is a lot of "figure it out yourself" type stuff.

They download the ISO's directly from the servers via links right? How would that prevent you from getting updates though?

bleepingcomputer
Is more targeted ro malware, hardwar, sofware issue rather than "modifying". ;) Was a haunt of mine dor a while and still occasionally visit to offer what I can. Tech jas seemed to leave me dehind. Moan and YAY!

Have you had an ad directly target you by name yet? I was watching channel 4 catch up and an ad directly adressed myself by my full name.

To say I absolutely shit myself is an understatement, I thought I was back on the salvia.

Creepy as hell.

Sometimes there'll be 12 different Suboxone ads on the same web page. At some point that's a fucking trigger

I could show you things that would blow your mind.

How would that prevent you from getting updates though?
Ya gotta have an uptdate to 10 to be able to register device iirc... then ya can do as ya wish... like 7-10. Rusty just gotta do the research, sorry.

Is more targeted ro malware, hardwar, sofware issue rather than "modifying". ;) Was a haunt of mine dor a while and still occasionally visit to offer what I can. Tech jas seemed to leave me dehind. Moan and YAY!
You are exactly right. I didn't think about that. But the forums you mentioned are all someone would really need. It's hard to beat a good forum full of like minded people with the same intent when it comes to support

Just get Linux to recognize usb devices and your ok.

F*** Windows and F*** Gates

Yeah but it makes zero sense, and when you're asking people who've been using the command line since they were five, they tell you to just figure it out.

Seriously, does anybody know what the hell is means in W10 if I have a hyperviser virtual network switch connected to my router, when my MB has no bluetooth/no wifi, no sensors, but a bunch of devices including my processor were 'unumerated' and it apparently uses my processor and GPU frequency as one of the things to access the network? You swtich it off and it switches back on at restart. I've got zero idea what it is, or if I need it, or it's nefarious. I don't know if it's for virtualisating my processor cores or something like that, or I've got something creepy going. The internet searches are zero help.

So I have a windows 11 upgrade ready on my computer. Is this worth it, any upsides? Or is Bill Gates just trying to push a vaccine by any other name?

I upgraded—no such vaccinations administered via subversive nanotechnology yet.

There is a persistent pop-up asking if I have an allegiance to Proserpine. I'll report further findings soon.

I was going to upgrade the one I installed windows 10 on (atrocity imo) but have to enable all the boot security bs and upgrade the BIOS which will lock it to win 10 or 11 (no going back to 7). Not sure I wanna sacrifice my fave laptop to this walware.
Maybe I can run it in a virtual machine? I doubt it. I'll give it a try when I find some time to waste.
(I)s Bill Gates just trying to push a vaccine by any other name?
I am of the opinion that any technology is inherently an infection. It will steal your soul and leave one wanting more. Dont do it. lol
Let us know how it feels? I do wanna test drive it... got other hard drives I can try it on. Forgot about that. Just need the time. ffs

Last edited:
I just upgraded yesterday. It's decent. I do like the design a bit more than win10, it has an "Apple" feel to it but still looks like windows.

The widgets and desktop templates are the only interesting new features to me, but will take some getting used to.

So far I like it, but I've already run into a minor couple bugs (namely issues integrating my Microsoft account for widgets)

There's no real reason to upgrade yet unless you just want to for fun like me.

I used to be a computer wizard back in the 80s / 90s.

MS-DOS existed for so long, then Windows 95 was popularized and replaced DOS. Now - every couple of years - there's a new version.

I'm tired of learning stuff.

Nothing - really - has been gained (other than compatibility, which is unrelated to interface) since Windows XP... for the vast majority of users, anyway.

This constant effort to improve user friendliness is not friendly. I have to keep updating, to some extent, which totally demotivates me to properly learn my current OS.

Tech is changing too rapidly. If the rate of change keeps accelerating like this, it's going to get even more exhausting than it already is.

In other words: I'm getting old.

I upgraded a family laptop to W11 today. I like that the UI resembles OS X far more than W10, but I had to install ElevenClock just to get the basic feature of having the clock show seconds. Typical Microsoft - two steps forward, but then they start cutting off their own toes and removing basic features that were already there.

I upgraded a family laptop to W11 today. I like that the UI resembles OS X far more than W10, but I had to install ElevenClock just to get the basic feature of having the clock show seconds. Typical Microsoft - two steps forward, but then they start cutting off their own toes and removing basic features that were already there.
yeah for ever new feature I kinda like, there's one they changed that mildly annoys me

why did they move the damn weather notification off the task bar?

yeah for ever new feature I kinda like, there's one they changed that mildly annoys me

why did they move the damn weather notification off the task bar?
Apparently it's coming back next month, and they're adding a native Android emulator.

EDIT: For now just do WindowsKey+W and put your weather widget in there. Honestly, I prefer the hotkey to the taskbar weather.

@arrall have you had any issues related to your microsoft account? I keep getting random "there's a problem with your account" and a few widgets randomly freezing or not loading, it seems to be having hiccups on the first time I try to play with stuff, but then seemingly works afterwards (knock on wood)

just curious