• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax Tolerance, need help

RT_4

Bluelighter
So i’ve been taking xanax fairly regularly for about a month, i was going slow at first only for anxiety. But now i’ve ruined my tolerance, mainly a few heavy binges, now im taking daily up to like 11 a day. With the occacional valium binge as well but that doesnt do much to me either, i think they have a cross tolerance but im not sure. (2mg XR crushed up and 10mg vals) Does absolutely nothing. How long do I take a break to get my tolerance down to its original amount?? ❤️ My goal is to get tolerance back to baseline but also taper off safely before my xanax break. Any advice on how i should go about this?? But it also has not been a consistant increase like some days ill take like 17 others ill take like 8 bars. Its been mostly consistent but not really. All I know is i wanna get off these safely and bring tolerance back down to its baseline state. I’ve heard pregabalin helps with withdrawl, im not really sure how and when i should take them if they do help? Because I originally got them to get high, obviously I like to tell myself its for anxiety (which it is) But sometimes I want to take it it to relax and stuff. However i’ve never done pregabalin, however i have an okay supply and im willing to use them to help. But like I said I am able to taper I just dont know how or even if i need to? But if i dont taper, will my tolerance be permanently ruined?? Sorry so many questions aha. I just really need some advice and guidance. What would you guys do in my situation?? Supply running low can get more to taper but only took 2mg today and like 60mg of valium which is way less xans than i ussually take but alot of valium like more than ive done for a while.

Last edited:
Yes there is cross tolerance.

I don't think "getting tolerance back" (so you can get fucked again) is a viable approach for benzo's. They seem like a very unstable solution for anything but handling a panic attack. Most people with experience would advise against using them regularly.

Weed is all i can think of to get high daily without failing at life in a dramatic way.

Good luck with your anxiety and stuff. I think you've made several threads already. Addictive behavior seems to often stem from a desire to be free and express oneself so i wish you luck with that and everything.

Yes there is cross tolerance.

I don't think "getting tolerance back" (so you can get fucked again) is a viable approach for benzo's. They seem like a very unstable solution for anything but handling a panic attack. Most people with experience would advise against using them regularly.

Weed is all i can think of to get high daily without failing at life in a dramatic way.

Good luck with your anxiety and stuff. I think you've made several threads already. Addictive behavior seems to often stem from a desire to be free and express oneself so i wish you luck with that and everything.
Well luckily i’m being forced into sobriety because not only do i want to protect my brain, I also am starting Sertraline soon (Zoloft i think in the US) so my plan was to get my tolerance to baseline, take a huge break, and then ask my friends to hold onto a few valium for me just to help with severe anxiety which is a side effect when getting onto an antidepressant. They are safe and often perscribed together, they are just quite hesitant in england to give out benzos. But the plan is to take no more than twice weekly for maybe a month. And then sfop completely to let the antidepressant do its thaaang. I just suffer with extreme anxiety and am not looking foward to the initial side effects. So getting my tolerance to benzos lowered would help me massively. All my friends know what im going through and they are very willing to help. They just dont know alot about benzos so I need some advice. :) ❤️

Last edited:
Been there. I am a recovering alcoholic as well as a life long benzo user so I just drank massively with other drug cocktails. Maybe as you start cutting down, add some other pharms.
Alcohol helps but mixing is dangerous and addiction to alcohol is very easy in your position.
Phenobarb combined with it will help you cut down as will Soma , Lyrica. Do research on drugs that act on similar receptors. Baclofen may potentiate a lower dose.
I'd switch to Klonopin.

So i’ve been taking xanax fairly regularly for about a month, i was going slow at first only for anxiety. But now i’ve ruined my tolerance, mainly a few heavy binges, now im taking daily up to like 11 a day. With the occacional valium binge as well but that doesnt do much to me either, i think they have a cross tolerance but im not sure. (2mg XR crushed up and 10mg vals) Does absolutely nothing. How long do I take a break to get my tolerance down to its original amount?? ❤️ My goal is to get tolerance back to baseline but also taper off safely before my xanax break. Any advice on how i should go about this?? But it also has not been a consistant increase like some days ill take like 17 others ill take like 8 bars. Its been mostly consistent but not really. All I know is i wanna get off these safely and bring tolerance back down to its baseline state. I’ve heard pregabalin helps with withdrawl, im not really sure how and when i should take them if they do help? Because I originally got them to get high, obviously I like to tell myself its for anxiety (which it is) But sometimes I want to take it it to relax and stuff. However i’ve never done pregabalin, however i have an okay supply and im willing to use them to help. But like I said I am able to taper I just dont know how or even if i need to? But if i dont taper, will my tolerance be permanently ruined?? Sorry so many questions aha. I just really need some advice and guidance. What would you guys do in my situation?? Supply running low can get more to taper but only took 2mg today and like 60mg of valium which is way less xans than i ussually take but alot of valium like more than ive done for a while.
if you've only been taking the for a month an using 22mg in one day didn't knock you out for around 24 hour and weren't off your rocker when you regained consciences, you're somehow impervious to xanax, or more likely what you too were bunk counterfeits. I hope you're Ok. god knows what you took, but i'm confident it was not Xanax, nor did it have any appreciable amount of alprazolam - the pharmaceutical name for xanax. Als long as your health is Ok, consider yourself lucky you inadvertently dodged a bullet. You could have seriously injured yourself. Please, please be more kind to yourself in the future. don't be like me. It's not fun.

No way you’re taking 22 mgs of alprazolam. Especially not pressed fake ones. If they were real which isn’t hard to check if they are you don’t need regent testing just bite a tip of a bar if you taste the alprazolam then it’s real. Plus real pharmacy bars are now $8-10 on the street so you’d be spending $100+ a day on it if you could even find that many real ones.

The reason I doubt it is not to be a duck just because I’m heavily into the Xanax trafficking I got raided for it recently. I was dealing with every color bar in the 100s of thousands at once big shipments from cartels pressing in Mexico to San Diego anyways point being unless you’re buying the farmapram Mexican bars that are $3 each, that’s the only way I ever was able to find a legit bar not bunk in the quantities where I could pop 11 bars like you.

On top of the fact that benzo epidemic psychiatrists stop prescribing them so now having someone you find on the streets with 60 bars a month script who’s also willing to sell them all and you also happen to have enough money to buy all that day, even then that would last a week only…. You’d have to find 4 people willing to sell all their script never take their own bars in order to maintain that so that’s almost impossible.

Also I didn’t sleep for 29 days from quitting 20-30 mgs alprazolam/clonazepam plus fentanyl somas and gabapentin lost 50 pounds almost died 3 times had 16 seizures went to the ER 5 days in a row over and over good luck

I got some Xanax a couple months ago and it was totally bunk pressed nonsense. I'm pretty sure that that this is what OP has. everyone likes to believe that they're the special edge case or they found the bug in the computer program, but the actual explanation is often far simpler. you don't have a mega tolerance, you got some bogus fake stuff.

No way you’re taking 22 mgs of alprazolam. Especially not pressed fake ones. If they were real which isn’t hard to check if they are you don’t need regent testing just bite a tip of a bar if you taste the alprazolam then it’s real. Plus real pharmacy bars are now $8-10 on the street so you’d be spending $100+ a day on it if you could even find that many real ones.

The reason I doubt it is not to be a duck just because I’m heavily into the Xanax trafficking I got raided for it recently. I was dealing with every color bar in the 100s of thousands at once big shipments from cartels pressing in Mexico to San Diego anyways point being unless you’re buying the farmapram Mexican bars that are $3 each, that’s the only way I ever was able to find a legit bar not bunk in the quantities where I could pop 11 bars like you.

On top of the fact that benzo epidemic psychiatrists stop prescribing them so now having someone you find on the streets with 60 bars a month script who’s also willing to sell them all and you also happen to have enough money to buy all that day, even then that would last a week only…. You’d have to find 4 people willing to sell all their script never take their own bars in order to maintain that so that’s almost impossible.

Also I didn’t sleep for 29 days from quitting 20-30 mgs alprazolam/clonazepam plus fentanyl somas and gabapentin lost 50 pounds almost died 3 times had 16 seizures went to the ER 5 days in a row over and over good luck
Where tf did you find Farmapram. Literally disappeared off the earth.

@jns81 umm… it’s as easy as anything to get most dealers only sell sealed bottle count of 90 as many as you need. And lots of fetty dealers sell them individually cheaper than American pharmaceutical Xanax. I just picked up 5 on top of the fetty I got and clear from my dealer so ya it’s everywhere in LA

after two decades of using everything under the sun I came to the same conclusion.

And only edible because smoking weed daily you’ll have some devastating lung damage later in life

And I’ll say that I didn’t fail in the traditional sense…was very successful with career on drugs but it resulted in a destroyed life in terms of my health and my spirit.